Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The WR problem

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I still believe Hill will develop into a SOLID #1 receiver. He is and always will be a three year project just like Demaryius Thomas. That said I could see the Jets using their first four picks on WR RB and TE
    Maybe, but aside from having great measurables he's done nothing in his life to show that he is going to be that guy. He MIGHT project to that guy, but as of right now he isn't. He's the same type of project pick that Vlad Ducasse was - great physical attributes but no film showing him prove he can be the guy against top level competition. These are the type of picks that have been getting the Jets in trouble for a while. They need to take guys with those physical attributes who have actually had success against top level competition in college at the position they'll be playing in the pro's.

It's like they want to prove how smart they are by picking guys that have a chance to become something they haven't shown they are yet. They'd be better off just picking the guys who have already shown they can do it.

Granted - that's all with a previous GM, so hopefully we've already stopped doing that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    The landscape of this offence will change this offseason, Geno needs to build chemistry with Hlll and Kerley because they are here for the long haul.

I would love a high pick WR in the draft, but wouldn't turn my nose up at a RB or TE either.
    Geno will make an ok back up. He's young, but looks like he doesn't have the smarts to make it. He will be gone in a few seasons. After another 2-3 ints this week, Our gm will not waste years on this pos.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is they all suck, add in our crappy qbs and this is what we have. Similar situation as last season, better OC.