Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: The WR problem

  1. #1

    The WR problem

    So this offseason do you draft or sign a WR. I say its better to draft one because he is cheaper and will develop with your quarterback. But if you pay a WR big money and you have mo answer at QB its pointless so thats why I see us drafting a WR instead of signing one

  2. #2
    The landscape of this offence will change this offseason, Geno needs to build chemistry with Hlll and Kerley because they are here for the long haul.

    I would love a high pick WR in the draft, but wouldn't turn my nose up at a RB or TE either.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,015
    Still need to see how the rest of this season plays out, but at this point, I would like to see us both draft and sign a WR.

  4. #4
    I may be answering a question with a question here, but what receivers do you like coming up in the draft? As far as high picks everyone is talking about Marquise Lee and Sammy Watkins, both of which I would LOVE to have on this team. The only concern is if they go higher than our drafting position.

  5. #5
    They need to be able to CATCH!!!

    When the ball hits their hands they must CATCH IT!

    And if it bounces off their face or numbers, they should have CAUGHT IT!!!

    That shlt is not on the QB.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by the jetropolitan ranger View Post
    I may be answering a question with a question here, but what receivers do you like coming up in the draft? As far as high picks everyone is talking about Marquise Lee and Sammy Watkins, both of which I would LOVE to have on this team. The only concern is if they go higher than our drafting position.
    Lee was hurt last week - I am not sure how seriously or if that will impact his draft position. I really like Mike Evans out of A&M, could be available mid first round.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by the jetropolitan ranger View Post
    I may be answering a question with a question here, but what receivers do you like coming up in the draft? As far as high picks everyone is talking about Marquise Lee and Sammy Watkins, both of which I would LOVE to have on this team. The only concern is if they go higher than our drafting position.
    I like Lee and Watkins but its still early yet, I'm sure more cream will rise before the draft.

    I'm watching a lot of college ball this year to keep an eye out.

  8. #8
    @JasonLaCanfora: SEA waived WR Stephen Williams to make room for Bruce Irvin off suspension. They were high on him - big kid who can run. SF bound, perhaps?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @JasonLaCanfora: SEA waived WR Stephen Williams to make room for Bruce Irvin off suspension. They were high on him - big kid who can run. SF bound, perhaps?
    Gotta think Idzik will be looking at that!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Gotta think Idzik will be looking at that!
    He's 6'5'', why not? Make it happen, John!! Hopefully he has more discipline than Ben Obomanu (who I liked before last week).

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I like Lee and Watkins but its still early yet, I'm sure more cream will rise before the draft.

    I'm watching a lot of college ball this year to keep an eye out.
    same here i'm trying to keep an eye on safeties and running backs as well...i think we are foolish if we don't draft one of the top 6 receivers in this draft...allot of talent there.

  12. #12
    1. Sammy Watkins- Clemson
    2. Marquise Lee - USC
    3. Mike Evan - Texas A&M
    4. Paul Richardson - Colorado
    5. Brandon Coleman - Rutgers
    6. Odell Beckham - LSU
    7. Jared Abberderis - Wisconsin
    8. Jordan Matthews - Vanderbilt
    9. Donte Moncrief - Ole Miss
    10. Devin Street - Pittsburgh
    11. Mike Davis - Texas
    12.Rashad Greene - Florida State
    13. Robert Herron - Wyoming
    14. Davante Adams - Fresno
    15. Jarvis Landry - LSU

    There can be a bumper crop this year in Wideouts if a lot of juniors come out ... The first 3 Rounds should be stacked with Wideouts

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,810
    I'm all in for Hakeem Nicks and drafting a WR and TE.

  14. #14
    As for a late round draft pick or an UDFA, I'd love for the Jets to take a chance on Isaiah Burse from Fresno State. He catches everything thrown his way and can take a hit. If you haven't seen any of their games check out some of the highlights from the Rutgers and Boise games.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjet View Post
    1. Sammy Watkins- Clemson
    2. Marquise Lee - USC
    3. Mike Evan - Texas A&M
    4. Paul Richardson - Colorado
    5. Brandon Coleman - Rutgers
    6. Odell Beckham - LSU
    7. Jared Abberderis - Wisconsin
    8. Jordan Matthews - Vanderbilt
    9. Donte Moncrief - Ole Miss
    10. Devin Street - Pittsburgh
    11. Mike Davis - Texas
    12.Rashad Greene - Florida State
    13. Robert Herron - Wyoming
    14. Davante Adams - Fresno
    15. Jarvis Landry - LSU

    There can be a bumper crop this year in Wideouts if a lot of juniors come out ... The first 3 Rounds should be stacked with Wideouts


    forgetting someone...?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Lee was hurt last week - I am not sure how seriously or if that will impact his draft position. I really like Mike Evans out of A&M, could be available mid first round.
    Torn ACL. out for year.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Torn ACL. out for year.
    not even a little bit true

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Torn ACL. out for year.
    Huh?

  19. #19
    We need to draft at least two wr's this off season.

  20. #20
    I say draft a WR in the first round, draft another one in a later round, and pickup at least one good receiver in free agency or via trade...we really need depth at the position, i don't really believe in hill and i like kerley but he is more of a solid #3 or #4.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us