Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coples as trade bait.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    My threads.Like 10 shots of expresso in the morning. mission accomplished.
    More like terminal diarrhea.. Graham is a fine TE but he has made 1 Pro Bowl and will be 29 next season.. He's never even made a full 16 game season with the Saints and he has a All Pro QB throwing to him.. You want a unstoppable TE he's playing monday night and he made his 6th All Pro last year at the age of 36(Plus 13 Pro Bowls).. And he has made 16 game seasons most of his career except for 2 15 game years and as a rookie when he didn't start.. Oh and the Falcons gave a 2nd rd pick for him..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As history seems to be showing the 2009 Draft has been garbage...
    Actually, I think it is has been the 2010 draft that was the worst, if I had to pick one. Wilson, Ducasse, Micknight and Connor. All we have to show for that draft is an average nickel corner and a back up OL who is a decent run blocker but can't pass block. Combine that with 09, where Sanchez is all that is left -- and that is not much to show for two draft years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Actually, I think it is has been the 2010 draft that was the worst, if I had to pick one. Wilson, Ducasse, Micknight and Connor. All we have to show for that draft is an average nickel corner and a back up OL who is a decent run blocker but can't pass block. Combine that with 09, where Sanchez is all that is left -- and that is not much to show for two draft years.
    I meant the whole 2009 draft--leaguewide

It's funny though..do a search of the Jets 2010 draft right after the draft and its was given A-B grades by most "experts"...

http://thejetsblog.com/main-page/gra...he-draft-2010/

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/0...-draft-grades/

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ft-grades.html
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-06-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Yep and that was another year with just 4 picks..

Hall Of Fame
    +1...

And nevermind most of the trades Mike T made were good ones..Yes, the Tebow trade was stupid (at the time and after the fact) and most likely cost him his job, and rightfully so...

The good: Revis, Harris, Sanchez, Greene (he did help get to AFCCGs and most likely will bring back a Comp pick), Edwards, Holmes, Cro, Kerley.....The misses: Kevin Barlow, Connor (trade up-A Rex pick)...TBD: Hill
    Sanchez and Greene were not good picks and the Harris pick is washed out by the awful contract Tanny gave him.

The 2008-2010 drafts killed this team. We were able to mask it bc of some of the great picks, trades and FA moves that Tanny made early on. But you can't go three years with getting no impact players from the draft and remain competitive. Combine that with the Sanchez extension and Tebow trade and that is how you destroy a promising GM career.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    More like terminal diarrhea.. Graham is a fine TE but he has made 1 Pro Bowl and will be 29 next season.. He's never even made a full 16 game season with the Saints and he has a All Pro QB throwing to him.. You want a unstoppable TE he's playing monday night and he made his 6th All Pro last year at the age of 36(Plus 13 Pro Bowls).. And he has made 16 game seasons most of his career except for 2 15 game years and as a rookie when he didn't start.. Oh and the Falcons gave a 2nd rd pick for him..
    Lets put it thisay.Would you trade Coples straight up for Graham.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No way Coples is 23 with huge upside Graham will be 29 next season and is always hurt plus what All Pro QB will be throwing to him?? Your GM career is over before it started..

No way Coples is 23 with huge upside Graham will be 29 next season and is always hurt plus what All Pro QB will be throwing to him?? Your GM career is over before it started..
    Do you think Coples is oplaying out of position???

Hall Of Fame
    No. But only b.c I do not think that we would get the same production out of Graham with our current roster on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No. But only b.c I do not think that we would get the same production out of Graham with our current roster on offense.
    Wouldn't Graham improve everybody around him.

Jason La Canfora ‏@
    Based on a projection of a $127M cap, franchise tag for TE = $6.7M. Tag for WR = $11.6M. Hello Jimmy Graham:

What happens if the Saints decide to franchise Jimmy Graham?

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24036481/what-happens-if-the-saints-decide-to-franchise-jimmy-graham

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Do you think Coples is oplaying out of position???
    Unlike many here I don't consider myself on Rex's level as a defensive mind so Rex obviously thinks he will be productive and help the team where he has him..

Don't think it will make a difference.Graham will be 27 next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Wouldn't Graham improve everybody around him.
    Yes. Graham will get doubled every play and, in theory, things should open up for other players. I just am not willing to give up a player or a pick AND pay a guy top money for his position.

Jason La Canfora ‏@
    Based on a projection of a $127M cap, franchise tag for TE = $6.7M. Tag for WR = $11.6M. Hello Jimmy Graham:

What happens if the Saints decide to franchise Jimmy Graham?

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...e-jimmy-graham
    Wow. Too bad I don't see this happening for him. He is listed as a TE and has been his entire career.

Unlike many here I don't consider myself on Rex's level as a defensive mind so Rex obviously thinks he will be productive and help the team where he has him..
    Thats kind of Savage why i posted this thought, crazy as it MIGHT BE.Drafting of Richardson wasn't planned. They were positive Austin would be there, Rams trade forced thier hand. Richardson is so damn good, it kind of pushed Coples out a little. And thats not because Coples can't play, but would be more comfortable in his role than if Richardson was in it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Don't think it will make a difference.Graham will be 27 next year.
    According to Pro football reference he'll be 28 next month.. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...G/GrahJi00.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Wow. Too bad I don't see this happening for him. He is listed as a TE and has been his entire career.
    Probably not but his Agent (if he's really good) will have the % of time the Saints line him up off the LOS come negotiations time..

Hall Of Fame
    Probably not but his Agent (if he's really good) will have the % of time the Saints line him up off the LOS come negotiations time..
    Maybe he tries to get them to agree somewhere in between the two tags values. Is there a precedent for this? I am sure the NFLPA doesn't mind but I don't think the teams want to go down this road.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Thats kind of Savage why i posted this thought, crazy as it MIGHT BE.Drafting of Richardson wasn't planned. They were positive Austin would be there, Rams trade forced thier hand. Richardson is so damn good, it kind of pushed Coples out a little. And thats not because Coples can't play, but would be more comfortable in his role than if Richardson was in it.
    Rams forced the hand on the 9th pick not the 13th..

According to Pro football reference he'll be 28 next month.. http://www.pro-football-reference.co...G/GrahJi00.htm
    Player profile page on Saints web site says he's 26???????????????????????????????????????????