Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coples as trade bait.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Player profile page on Saints web site says he's 26???????????????????????????????????????????
    Maybe he's from the Dominican...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Rams forced the hand on the 9th pick not the 13th..
    I stand corrected,but my point is the same, Savage

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Maybe he tries to get them to agree somewhere in between the two tags values. Is there a precedent for this? I am sure the NFLPA doesn't mind but I don't think the teams want to go down this road.
    Terrell Suggs in 2008. Was a significant difference in value of the franchise tag for LB vs DE. Suggs, NFLPA & Ravens negotiated a settlement:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3394771

thCAPP8S29.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Maybe he's from the Dominican...

This trade idea brought to you by Madden 25.

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    This trade idea brought to you by Madden 25.
    I thought it was something that would provide interesting discission, and it appears i was right.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    I hate the OP
    Are you serious, and if so why???

NO would never trade Graham. the jets will not trade coples. the one thing the op has 100% correct is that the jets have 3 good dlineman young dlineman and when they play 3-4 only proper room for 2. I would much rather this team play 4-3 most of the time.

At worst you move Coples back to the line and run a 4-3.

Richardson Wilkerson Harrison/Ellis Coples

He's a young big athletic nasty dline talent you don't trade those guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Don't think it will make a difference.Graham will be 27 next year.
    Actually he'll be 28 next month.

I wouldnt trade Coples straight up for him, rather have the D help over a TE

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    At worst you move Coples back to the line and run a 4-3.

Richardson Wilkerson Harrison/Ellis Coples

He's a young big athletic nasty dline talent you don't trade those guys.
    We need weapons to run MM's offense.Grahams a sure thing,none of the wideouts coming out in 2014 are.If we go to a 4-3, Davis plays outside,and we have to find a middle linebacker, harris isn't one.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

My threads.Like 10 shots of expresso in the morning. mission accomplished.
    Translation: Just about everyone disagrees and I'll ask why, repeating my original point over and over again.

All League
    Geno a couple of thoughts....

First I think Graham is the type of player you go all in for - he's the best TE in the game. BUT he also benefits from having one of the best QB's of all time throwing the ball to him. That said, if you put him on the Jets (cost aside) you wind up with a good TE putting up decent stats, not elite stats like he is doing for NO. The problem with trading for him is how much the Jets would have to give up in picks and players on top of the contract to get him. We are not in a position where giving up quality players or picks would not matter because we have needs all over the team. Now if he somehow became a FA, I would throw the bank at him, but so would a couple of other teams and the one with the best chance to win would probably get him.

I posted something earlier that talked this TE coming out in 2014 named Austin Seferian-Jenkins. He's a graham type of player with speed and size and great hands. He also is the best blocking TE in college football. He's 6-6 270 and would make for an instant upgrade for the Jets in having a dynamic player who could block and catch and beat LB's and Safeties. I would be hard pressed to find another player who could make such an impact on our team in year 1. As you know WR's have quiet an adjustment coming from college to the pros, so instead of drafting another high WR, I would go with him. Assuming of course one of our QB's proves that we don't need to draft one next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Translation: Just about everyone disagrees and I'll ask why, repeating my original point over and over again.
    I might feel the same way.Its better than talking all the time about firing Ryan, wilsons hot garbage,etc,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Geno a couple of thoughts....

First I think Graham is the type of player you go all in for - he's the best TE in the game. BUT he also benefits from having one of the best QB's of all time throwing the ball to him. That said, if you put him on the Jets (cost aside) you wind up with a good TE putting up decent stats, not elite stats like he is doing for NO. The problem with trading for him is how much the Jets would have to give up in picks and players on top of the contract to get him. We are not in a position where giving up quality players or picks would not matter because we have needs all over the team. Now if he somehow became a FA, I would throw the bank at him, but so would a couple of other teams and the one with the best chance to win would probably get him.

I posted something earlier that talked this TE coming out in 2014 named Austin Seferian-Jenkins. He's a graham type of player with speed and size and great hands. He also is the best blocking TE in college football. He's 6-6 270 and would make for an instant upgrade for the Jets in having a dynamic player who could block and catch and beat LB's and Safeties. I would be hard pressed to find another player who could make such an impact on our team in year 1. As you know WR's have quiet an adjustment coming from college to the pros, so instead of drafting another high WR, I would go with him. Assuming of course one of our QB's proves that we don't need to draft one next year.
    I agree.And to me in next years draft its either Jenkins or Anthony Barr. Why Barr.With Coples on one side we need a traditional impact OLB on the other side. i love QC But he does look out of sorts in his new role.

All League
    I agree.And to me in next years draft its either Jenkins or Anthony Barr. Why Barr.With Coples on one side we need a traditional impact OLB on the other side. i love QC But he does look out of sorts in his new role.
    I like Barr. But our offense stinks so much right now without Holmes and a very shaky Hill that we have to draft a offensive weapon next year. And it's looking like we may need to draft a QB if Geno doesn't pan out. If it plays out like I believe it will, TE will be the least of our concerns as we will be looking for a QB. That said though, Im encouraged by the signing of Zudfield. Lets hope he turns out to be the diamond in the rough I thought he would be during the offseason. He could turn out to be a very nice find. Will see in the next couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I like Barr. But our offense stinks so much right now without Holmes and a very shaky Hill that we have to draft a offensive weapon next year. And it's looking like we may need to draft a QB if Geno doesn't pan out. If it plays out like I believe it will, TE will be the least of our concerns as we will be looking for a QB. That said though, Im encouraged by the signing of Zudfield. Lets hope he turns out to be the diamond in the rough I thought he would be during the offseason. He could turn out to be a very nice find. Will see in the next couple of months.
    Lee has injury red flags, Watkins has some character concerns.If there were 2 or three blue chippers, i wouldn't have even started the thread.

Jimmy Graham is a very very good TE. But he is awesome because he has Drew Brees. Put him here and he's a 7-800 yard 6 TD guy. Is that really worth Coples and a 1? No!