Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 148

Thread: Coples as trade bait.

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    I agree, he's not lightning quick. but the one thing he has going for him is possibly the use of his hands, experience on the dline may help him from a technical stand point
    I tell ya what. The pats and dolphins lost.The Falcons o-line is not strong, Coples should make an impact monday night. That o-line will have thier hands full with Our d-line.

  2. #122
    They've only given up 7 sacks all year - tied for 5th best in the NFL. How weak is this Atlanta OL?

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Stick it jerkoff.There are alot of OLB who can do both.What evidence do you have that he can rush the passer at OLB.he has no sacks and 1 pressure in his career at OLB.He didn't exactly dominate last year with 5 sacks.Go back to the bathroom and suck your thumb jerkoff
    Name the other OLB's who line up at DT and 3-4 DE. Part of the value of Coples at OLB is Rex can keep him in and move him around to different positions while other teams go no huddle.

    He's only played 2 games at OLB. Give him a minute.

  4. #124
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,451
    Trade Coples, Wilerson, and Rex for Teddy Bear!

  5. #125
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,312
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Stick it jerkoff.There are alot of OLB who can do both.What evidence do you have that he can rush the passer at OLB.he has no sacks and 1 pressure in his career at OLB.He didn't exactly dominate last year with 5 sacks.Go back to the bathroom and suck your thumb jerkoff
    So you bring up a trade. When everyone disagrees you just keep arguing that you think it makes sense.

    And finally when someone disagrees you call him a jerkoff. Based on Coples career at OLB.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 10-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.

  6. #126
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,215
    Wow, this gagabge thread has gotten a lot more mileage than I would have thought.

  7. #127
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,564
    DUMP.....

  8. #128
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    GOOD? As a 3-4 OLB his main job is to rush the passer and so far he's looked below average doing that. Pace was even more effective and made more plays and that guy sucks. Coples run defense is decent but he needs to get after the QB. Without good pass rush from the OLB the 3-4 is basically useless. We're just lucky we got Sheldon & Wilk on the line to make up for it otherwise we'd be getting killed.

    And NO I wouldn't trade Coples, especially not for a TE. Winslow is doing pretty good, he can be a 10 rec. 150 yd TE here if we get him the ball enough times and we got that guy for free. No way in hell do you pay a big price for a different TE who might be a little more productive. It's not like Graham would guarantee us anything, the QB still needs to get the ball to him. A #1 + Coples? Makes no sense. I wouldn't even do it straight up for Coples. The TE position is FINE. We need to worry about the QB position if you're gonna give up your former #1 pick and a 1st round draft choice. Hell, we could get a franchise QB (when tagged) for 2 1st rounders. Why basically give up the same for a TE? Makes no sense. 2nd round pick maybe.
    Thank you! I only read a couple pages of this thread but the ridiculous trade aside, I don't get where the heck some people are talking up Coples as if he's been playing great and has any real trade value. Which games have I missed because I can't remember Coples doing much of anything on the field this season. In fact I love you're point about Pace because that was exactly my first thought - I've seen freaking Calvin Pace making more impact plays and get a better pass rush than QC. If anything, for as much as we've all talked him up Coples has really been a disappointment so far.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Name the other OLB's who line up at DT and 3-4 DE. Part of the value of Coples at OLB is Rex can keep him in and move him around to different positions while other teams go no huddle.

    He's only played 2 games at OLB. Give him a minute.
    I agree with you. I don't have anything against Coples.And i think his versatility is a great asset.I want to see him in the backfield when the play is developing. And i don't think we'll ever see that.

  10. #130
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,761
    Look. Coples hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire, but he needs more time. Seriously. And for a TE who has Drew Brees as a QB?


    C'mon.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So you bring up a trade. When everyone disagrees you just keep arguing that you think it makes sense.

    And finally when someone disagrees you call him a jerkoff. Based on Coples career at OLB.
    I apologized, but he said i shouldn't be allowed to post because he disagrees with my thread.Thats not keeping a very open mind. I've said this a million times.Its something i thought would be interesting to discuss, i don't really think its possible.This thread has a bunch of views, so i accomplished my mission.I was getting sick of the fire Rex threads, and the this guy sucks, that guy sucks stuff.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by NDubz View Post
    Thank you! I only read a couple pages of this thread but the ridiculous trade aside, I don't get where the heck some people are talking up Coples as if he's been playing great and has any real trade value. Which games have I missed because I can't remember Coples doing much of anything on the field this season. In fact I love you're point about Pace because that was exactly my first thought - I've seen freaking Calvin Pace making more impact plays and get a better pass rush than QC. If anything, for as much as we've all talked him up Coples has really been a disappointment so far.
    If the Saints franchise Graham, and hear trade offers,a half a dozen teams will offer up the're 1st and more for him.

  13. #133
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    If the Saints franchise Graham, and hear trade offers,a half a dozen teams will offer up the're 1st and more for him.
    BS argument as we will never know. But because one or two BAD GMs do it...doesn't make it smart. Thank God Tanny is gone.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    BS argument as we will never know. But because one or two BAD GMs do it...doesn't make it smart. Thank God Tanny is gone.
    Thank God the guy in Tampa was there.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    BS argument as we will never know. But because one or two BAD GMs do it...doesn't make it smart. Thank God Tanny is gone.
    The colts traded there 1st for a running back who averaged less than 3.5 yards a carry.Bad move, idiotic,cmon.

  16. #136
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Oh give me a break with this SOJF garbage. Aside from a few bad picks there has been NOTHING wrong with their drafting over the years!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    It's not SOJF..not at all. We simply have whiffed on 2009 and 2010 . A Team can't trade away picks and then whiff on the few we have. IMO, we are suffering from a lack of talent from 2009 and 2010.

  17. #137
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Thank God the guy in Tampa was there.
    Right. NO One else wanted Revis. How's that working out for Tampa?

  18. #138
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    The colts traded there 1st for a running back who averaged less than 3.5 yards a carry.Bad move, idiotic,cmon.
    They have a different set up, they have a TRUE QB to build around. Your pointbis well taken. I value picks and development.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    BS argument as we will never know. But because one or two BAD GMs do it...doesn't make it smart. Thank God Tanny is gone.
    Any GM who doesn't jump on a player of Grahams caliber for a 1st, is crazy.Graham might never be available, true, but if he is, your not doing your job if you don't pursue him with a developing QB.

  20. #140
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Any GM who doesn't jump on a player of Grahams caliber for a 1st, is crazy.Graham might never be available, true, but if he is, your not doing your job if you don't pursue him with a developing QB.
    IF a BIG IF..... You believe Geno is THE QB to build around, then fine, I won't argue, it's an opinion. BUT many good QBs had bad 1st years. I'd rather keep our pick.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us