Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Various Observations

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,674

    Various Observations

    - People may rave about how good the DAL - DEN game was but to me it was crap. Football is now a combination
    of Arena League and Madden and I think it stinks. The competition committee needs to expand the contact area
    for DB's from 5 to 10 yards to even things out

    - The Midgets are 0-5 and they can't lose enough for me!!! In fact I would say their record is worse than JAC
    because JAC has no talent and a new staff what is the Midgets excuse???

    - How bad is Matt Schaub right now??? Four games with a pick 6 is beyond Sanchezian


    I know its a foregone conclusion that we are going to get "blown out" tonight but:

    - ATL OLine is small and they are playing backup OT's. Their weapons won't mean anything if our DLine attacks
    Ryan

    - ATL DLine is small and our OLine has been run blocking very well. With Powell, Ivory and Goodson I wouldn't
    mind a return to 2009 "ground & pound" for a night

    - We are way over due for creating a couple of turnovers on defense

    - We are way over due for playing a turnover free game on offense

    - With so many new players active tonight (Goodson, Ivory, Nelson, Campbell) and so little tape for ATL to study
    it will be interesting to see what Mornhinweg schemes up

  2. #2
    watching the denver game, it's important to realize how many dump off passes peyton throws. i'd like to think MM will use the rbs like this, to help geno out on the road, improve the completion % and keep ryan and jones off the field.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,238
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    - People may rave about how good the DAL - DEN game was but to me it was crap. Football is now a combination
    of Arena League and Madden and I think it stinks. The competition committee needs to expand the contact area
    for DB's from 5 to 10 yards to even things out

    - The Midgets are 0-5 and they can't lose enough for me!!! In fact I would say their record is worse than JAC
    because JAC has no talent and a new staff what is the Midgets excuse???

    - How bad is Matt Schaub right now??? Four games with a pick 6 is beyond Sanchezian


    I know its a foregone conclusion that we are going to get "blown out" tonight but:

    - ATL OLine is small and they are playing backup OT's. Their weapons won't mean anything if our DLine attacks
    Ryan

    - ATL DLine is small and our OLine has been run blocking very well. With Powell, Ivory and Goodson I wouldn't
    mind a return to 2009 "ground & pound" for a night

    - We are way over due for creating a couple of turnovers on defense

    - We are way over due for playing a turnover free game on offense

    - With so many new players active tonight (Goodson, Ivory, Nelson, Campbell) and so little tape for ATL to study
    it will be interesting to see what Mornhinweg schemes up
    I heard Goodson is out due to hammy; Ivory is probable but also is nursing a hammy. I'm anxious to see what practice squad Michael Campbell does as I think has lots of potential.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,726
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    watching the denver game, it's important to realize how many dump off passes peyton throws. i'd like to think MM will use the rbs like this, to help geno out on the road, improve the completion % and keep ryan and jones off the field.
    All true, but what helps those dump offs to RBs be successful is the fact that defenses have to respect the down field weapons the Broncos have. Given the Jets WR situation right now, I am sure the Falcons are going to try to take away those and force Geno to take shots down field.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,828
    The Jets needs a statement game on National TV and preferably against a winning team. Unfortunately we don't face one of those tonight so we will have to make do with the 1-3 Falcons on the road.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The Jets needs a statement game on National TV and preferably against a winning team. Unfortunately we don't face one of those tonight so we will have to make do with the 1-3 Falcons on the road.
    A win would do it though, not enough people have written the Falcons off yet.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    watching the denver game, it's important to realize how many dump off passes peyton throws. i'd like to think MM will use the rbs like this, to help geno out on the road, improve the completion % and keep ryan and jones off the field.
    MM doesn't believe in dump off passes, not an element of the game he uses, its also the main reason he sucks.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    A win would do it though, not enough people have written the Falcons off yet.
    I am sure if we manage a win then it will play out as "how could the Falcons have fallen so far?". Then we get the Steelers and I think we all know how a win there might play out.

    Nope, I think we stay firmly under the radar until we meet up with the Patriots again on the 20th. Under the radar is where I like it and also where we belong if we lose the next two.

  9. #9
    - People may rave about how good the DAL - DEN game was but to me it was crap. Football is now a combination
    of Arena League and Madden and I think it stinks. The competition committee needs to expand the contact area
    for DB's from 5 to 10 yards to even things out
    I agree completely. That was a joke.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellifan View Post
    MM doesn't believe in dump off passes, not an element of the game he uses, its also the main reason he sucks.
    it's better than throwing to campbell, nelson and who?

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    -
    - ATL DLine is small and our OLine has been run blocking very well. With Powell, Ivory and Goodson I wouldn't
    mind a return to 2009 "ground & pound" for a night

    - We are way over due for creating a couple of turnovers on defense

    - We are way over due for playing a turnover free game on offense

    - With so many new players active tonight (Goodson, Ivory, Nelson, Campbell) and so little tape for ATL to study
    it will be interesting to see what Mornhinweg schemes up
    Wish we would g&p but, on the road especially, I don't see it happening. Not MM's style so far.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,238
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Wish we would g&p but, on the road especially, I don't see it happening. Not MM's style so far.
    You can play G&P more in a series to keep the D guessing ; however the WCO scores more by opening up the passing game which opens up the running game.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,285
    Limit Gonzales Rex!

    Cro on jones, Roddy White is gimpy so the other DB's have a chance.

    Geno has to play better ... ATL defense is ranked 25th.

    Our ATL Jetsfanclub will be pushin' the good vibes their way from the nosebleeders!!!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The Jets needs a statement game on National TV and preferably against a winning team. Unfortunately we don't face one of those tonight so we will have to make do with the 1-3 Falcons on the road.
    The key is how the statement is made. If they play well and win or even if they play well and lose, then I think it's a good statement considering where the game is being played and the talent levels.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,238
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Limit Gonzales Rex!

    Cro on jones, Roddy White is gimpy so the other DB's have a chance.

    Geno has to play better ... ATL defense is ranked 25th.

    Our ATL Jetsfanclub will be pushin' the good vibes their way from the nosebleeders!!!
    Gonzales is their go to guy, stop him and we win.

  16. #16
    All good QBs throw a lot of dumpoff passes when the D takes away the patterns downfield. A lot of what makes a good QB great is the ability to check it down and hit those RBs in stride, allowing them to make some yards after catch. Sanchez was never good at it, and Geno struggles to do it, usually waits too long, allowing Defense to come up and react to the RB, or takes a sack.

  17. #17
    Agree with KRL on today's NFL, not a fan. Ive been saying this for about five years now. The league is all about the $$$ and points bring fans. The "new" NFL fan has been brought up on fantasy football. They wont change anything. They hide behind the injury excuse but the real reason for the rule changes is more points = more $$$.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    All good QBs throw a lot of dumpoff passes when the D takes away the patterns downfield. A lot of what makes a good QB great is the ability to check it down and hit those RBs in stride, allowing them to make some yards after catch. Sanchez was never good at it, and Geno struggles to do it, usually waits too long, allowing Defense to come up and react to the RB, or takes a sack.
    Actually Geno seems good at it, but it seems there are a lot of patterns where there is not a quick dumpoff. It is what I hope MM changes right away.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    - People may rave about how good the DAL - DEN game was but to me it was crap. Football is now a combination
    of Arena League and Madden and I think it stinks. The competition committee needs to expand the contact area
    for DB's from 5 to 10 yards to even things out
    Just wait until the competition committee changes the intentional grounding rule to just a 5 yd. penalty.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    watching the denver game, it's important to realize how many dump off passes peyton throws. i'd like to think MM will use the rbs like this, to help geno out on the road, improve the completion % and keep ryan and jones off the field.
    This works well if you have legit WR threats a legit TE and a legit slot guy and a QB you fear. I agree with what you say in principle but I can see the other team camping on those short routes to some extent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us