Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coples as trade bait.

Coples as trade bait.

Here i go again. the drafting of Richardson, has really left Coples without a position. Its still early, but he looks like a fish out of water so far at OLB. If the Saints franchise Graham, would the Jets consider, Dangling Coples and a #1, for Graham???If so, would the Saints take the bait??????

Coples and a #1 for a guy in his walk year? Especially when the jets could very well be drafting top 12. Be prepared to get tarred and feathered.

Geno no way we should turn our back on Q. He is a matchup nightmare, he is versatile and can line up in multiple fronts at various positions.

He is making Wilk and Sheldon have more success, these 3 compliment each other well, not to mention how much you set a franchise back burning a 1st round pick from 2 years ago.

Can't tell you how against this I would be Geno lol!
    Last edited by Harrier; 10-06-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Coples and a #1 for a guy in his walk year? Especially when the jets could very well be drafting top 12. Be prepared to get tarred and feathered.
    Agreed. GenoT is behaving Like MikeT. The reason we are where we are is trading away picks. NO WAY I trade away Coples and a number 1 for Graham..not sure the Saints would either.

Id rather trade Coples for a pick if at all and get even MORE picks. The DRAFT is the ONLY way to build a team. Jets have sucked at it for 40 years and accordingly here we are.

All Pro

If the saints franchise him, and somebody wants him, be perpared to pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed. GenoT is behaving Like MikeT. The reason we are where we are is trading away picks. NO WAY I trade away Coples and a number 1 for Graham..not sure the Saints would either.

Id rather trade Coples for a pick if at all and get even MORE picks. The DRAFT is the ONLY way to build a team. Jets have sucked at it for 40 years and accordingly here we are.
    What receiver in the draft would have the impact of Graham?????Nobody.The Saints probably would be the reluctant party.they know what he does to a defense.

I think Coples is an excellent up and coming OLB, He's going to get better with time. I think it would be crazy for the Jets to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Geno no way we should turn our back on Q. He is a matchup nightmare, he is versatile and can line up in multiple fronts at various positions.

He is making Wilk and Sheldon have more success, these 3 compliment each other well, not to mention how much you set a franchise back burning a 1st round pick from 2 years ago.

Can't tell you how against this I would be Geno lol!
    I understand all that Harrier. But when he's out of that 3 point stance, he's slow and plodding compared to what oyher impact OLB.

I'll take my lumps. im not saying i would do it, but to me its food for thought. Were talking Jimmie Graham

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    What receiver in the draft would have the impact of Graham?????Nobody.The Saints probably would be the reluctant party.they know what he does to a defense.
    He is ONE man. Historically.... look at great teams. Their talent comes from the draft not trades. Why buck 50 years of history?
    He is a 3rd round pick, Marquis Colston from Hofstra was a 7th. The Saints have a GREAT scouting department. We MUST draft better and develop players better.

Isn't Graham a free agent this offseason????

Coples has looked good at OLB last 2 weeks just off an injury.

NO.

As I stated in a previous thread, tight end is the offensive position I have the least concern over- Coples is only in his 2nd year and has great potential- besides unless he has 3 sacks every game the rest of the year it's way too early to get anything of value back for him anyway. I hope he stays a Jet for a while.

I understand all that Harrier. But when he's out of that 3 point stance, he's slow and plodding compared to what oyher impact OLB.
    I know tackling in space may be an issue but I think him and Davis have contributed to us setting the edge far better this year.

Rex will love his versatility to line up anywhere, and to be fair he's only played in 2 game thus far, maybe a little early to declare him a failure at OLB Geno.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    He is ONE man. Historically.... look at great teams. Their talent comes from the draft not trades. Why buck 50 years of history?
    He is a 3rd round pick, Marquis Colston from Hofstra was a 7th. The Saints have a GREAT scouting department. We MUST draft better and develop players better.
    I don't disagree with that

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I know tackling in space may be an issue but I think him and Davis have contributed to us setting the edge far better this year.

Rex will love his versatility to line up anywhere, and to be fair he's only played in 2 game thus far, maybe a little early to declare him a failure at OLB Geno.
    I said in my OP, that its probably too early to judge. Were not just talking about a quality tight end. Grahams unstoppable

5-animal-house-belushi-mdn.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    NO.

As I stated in a previous thread, tight end is the offensive position I have the least concern over- Coples is only in his 2nd year and has great potential- besides unless he has 3 sacks every game the rest of the year it's way too early to get anything of value back for him anyway. I hope he stays a Jet for a while.
    My threads.Like 10 shots of expresso in the morning. mission accomplished.

I said in my OP, that its probably too early to judge. Were not just talking about a quality tight end. Grahams unstoppable
    Don't get me wrong I would love Graham on this roster just not at the expense of Q.

Do you think they would consider one of our other 1st rounders? Say Wilson

Not to take anything away from him, but there would have to be MAJOR concern over his production with Drew Brees (in Sean Payton's offense) compared to anything we currently have on this roster.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't want the guy, but Coples and a first round pick is WAY too much to give up for someone who isn't guaranteed to stay at the top of his position in a different uniform. (In fact, I even think just Coples would be too much to give up, but I've always been biased toward the defensive side of the ball) . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 10-06-2013 at 07:34 AM.