Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Coples as trade bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Jimmy Graham is a very very good TE. But he is awesome because he has Drew Brees. Put him here and he's a 7-800 yard 6 TD guy. Is that really worth Coples and a 1? No!
    He's an instant security blanket for a developing QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He's an instant security blanket for a developing QB.
    So is a dominating D.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Coples is way overated here. People make him out to be some type of beast, on a Mo Wilkerson level, but he's really just potential at this point, made a handful of plays, that's it. That said, this trade would never happen, stop playing so much Madden, Genot

Kevin_Bacon_Animal_House.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Coples is way overated here. People make him out to be some type of beast, on a Mo Wilkerson level, but he's really just potential at this point, made a handful of plays, that's it. That said, this trade would never happen, stop playing so much Madden, Genot
    Why doesn't anybody say anything nice.......MOMMY

As much as our 3 man front gets talked about, I think people were expecting a 12-15 sack performance from Coples right off the bat when he moved to OLB. It's still early in his switch to OLB, and he could develop into that, but I think if he stays at the Bryan Thomas level people will be disappointed. Not that there is anything wrong with getting a solid 10 year OLB in the first round, but the way Rex talked him up after the draft people were expecting more. I like Rex but sometimes he just needs to shut up.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    As much as our 3 man front gets talked about, I think people were expecting a 12-15 sack performance from Coples right off the bat when he moved to OLB. It's still early in his switch to OLB, and he could develop into that, but I think if he stays at the Bryan Thomas level people will be disappointed. Not that there is anything wrong with getting a solid 10 year OLB in the first round, but the way Rex talked him up after the draft people were expecting more. I like Rex but sometimes he just needs to shut up.
    I would hope he turns out better than Thomas who failed in 10 years to make a substantial impact. But looks it's early, he's coming off a injury I need to see the rest of this season play out when he's healthy to say more than a Thomas like player.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    If he isn't disruptive Monday night against a weak Atlanta OL.Then i think questions about him playing out of position have to be raised.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Saints aren't stupid enough to let him make it to FA....

I hope they are stupid enough to let him reach FA....but even then I don't see Idzy backing the brinks truck up for Jimmy..
    I could see it. The league has changed and freakish TEs like Graham have HUGE value as they are a matchup nightmare. We have a ton of cap space, so I could see Idzy making a run at Graham if he were to hit the market. Figure the saints would at least franchise him though.

Undrafted Free Agent
    First ill start with this... How many players can even be mentioned as being able to play both the Dline and Olb position?

Second: Coples is a can rush the passer and stop the run? Why are you still allowed to post on here? Go play madden brah..

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    First ill start with this... How many players can even be mentioned as being able to play both the Dline and Olb position?

Second: Coples is a can rush the passer and stop the run? Why are you still allowed to post on here? Go play madden brah..
    Stick it jerkoff.There are alot of OLB who can do both.What evidence do you have that he can rush the passer at OLB.he has no sacks and 1 pressure in his career at OLB.He didn't exactly dominate last year with 5 sacks.Go back to the bathroom and suck your thumb jerkoff

What are you his agent

http://nfldraftgeek.com/de_olbrankings.html All 3/4 OLB De, prospects coming out in 2014.What Coples is doing has been done for years,including the Jets with john Abraham.Before you tell someone that shouldn't be allowed to post, get your facts straight, brah

Undrafted Free Agent
    Once again... How many of them can actually perform at the positions.. Johnny boy was a DE. Odv. Not a Olb.
    Learn "you're facts" buddy. The kid has a different type of talent called "Flexibility" don't under value this pony

Undrafted Free Agent
    Did i mention he played DT? You're a silly man

Undrafted Free Agent
    also... you're maturity is intriguing... Jerking off in the bathroom? impressive.

Once again... How many of them can actually perform at the positions.. Johnny boy was a DE. Odv. Not a Olb.
    Learn "you're facts" buddy. The kid has a different type of talent called "Flexibility" don't under value this pony
    In Atlanta he played some OLB. Ware has played both, sean merriman played both, elvis dumervil has played both, the guy in Kansas City, i forget his name has played both.and a host of others. The prospect page i sent you are listed as hybrid guys.The problem i have with Coples is his size.A 290lb OLB, sorry.He's a pro bowl caliber guy with his hand in the dirt, not standing up.Thats my opinion, your cool to disagree with it, but to tell me that im in outer space for saying he's not an OLB,i think your wrong on that.I have nothing against QC, just how thier using him.I hope im wrong, i want him beating up QB's and running backs on every down

also... you're maturity is intriguing... Jerking off in the bathroom? impressive.
    Read my post.Your the guy who suggested i shouldn't be allowed to post here anymore, correct.That kinda pissed me off, because i don't think suggesting QC is not playing his natural position is silly, or uninformed

Undrafted Free Agent
    You didn't let me get into comparisons.. But the one thing you cannot argue is he hasn't had the time to show anyone that he cannot do it.
    And again the value of guys that can be that flexible is understated. Simply the fact that he could be a pro bowler on the line and even just an "average" olb creates so much more dynamic to this team. He's not 100% yet, nor do i think he is comfortable.
    Lets see how he looks on Monday.

You didn't let me get into comparisons.. But the one thing you cannot argue is he hasn't had the time to show anyone that he cannot do it.
    And again the value of guys that can be that flexible is understated. Simply the fact that he could be a pro bowler on the line and even just an "average" olb creates so much more dynamic to this team. He's not 100% yet, nor do i think he is comfortable.
    Lets see how he looks on Monday.
    Wow Mike,how did it get rough before.i agree with you, and i said that hours ago, when i was posting about Coples.It is to early to judge.I also agree he can't be completly comfortable yet. I still make the point, that at 29olbs, with that much muscle mass, your not gonna see the explosion too the ball like with other OLB's/DE.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I agree, he's not lightning quick. but the one thing he has going for him is possibly the use of his hands, experience on the dline may help him from a technical stand point