Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is SAR I?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    SAR was great for JI. He had just enough logic and common sense in his posts that it would draw people into his debate. He was so matter-of-fact with his postings and dismissive of the "lower class" of Jets fans (which consisted of just about everyone else but him in his mind) that it irked certain people to no end.

I have to say, I agree with about 80% of what he said, but I never agreed that Rex was the problem here. That is SAR's most flawed analysis (aside from Leinart). There will always be a better coach, a dream coach out there that we'd want the Jets to hire, but the "grass is always greener on the other side" theory holds true here. Rex is one of the best coaches in the NFL and SAR couldn't get past Rex's bravado, post game interviews, Page 6 gossip stories to recognize that the important thing is what Rex does in meeting rooms and on the sidelines for 3 hours every Sunday. Rex is a flawed individual, like most of us, but he's a winner. There's no doubt about that. You don't befuddle and beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back-to-back games in the playoffs unless you know what the hell you're doing.

I hope SAR comes back, not just to take his medicine, but because he was an interesting fellow and certainly stirred up the pot.
    I thought he added to the place. I would like to see him back. I didn't really care that he was wrong so much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Bullsh*t

The guy completely derailed threads on a daily basis.

Rex is the problem, not Sanchez.

Brick is a bust.

I have a BMW and sip chardonnay from my box seats at the games, therefore I'm better than you.

The guy is a mook and always has been. Good riddance.
    LOL. SAR was entertaining at times , everything else is true.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    SAR is a troll and his tiresome schtick made TX's look fresh and tolerable in comparison.

How many f*cking "Rex must go" or "Sanchez isn't the problem" posts can you stomach on a daily basis?
    The best was how bad izdick was the day he got the job....IT was schtick and this place is much better without him

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this belongs in this thread, there is ALOT more, but this should suffice:

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The team was headed to 4-12 and now we're looking at 3-13.

We need to get our laughs now because its going to be a morgue from August to January.

I get no joy out of this. But it's funny, you can't deny the futility.

SAR I
    That's the point.

100% chance Ryan is gone in January.

70% chance Morningweig isn't retained by the new head coach in March.

Keep Geno clean and happy on the sidelines, let him learn, let him get used to the NFL, let him get decent reps in practice. In 2014 when we have a new HC and a new OC, Geno comes in. Clean first year, clean slate.

Let Sanchez take the beatings, the mind-fu-ks, and spin his wheels on learning his third offensive system in three years. Spare the rookie the unnecessary pain.

SAR I
    Revis had to go. We didn't get enough for him.

There were no blue-chip quarterbacks in this draft. So saying "Smith was the best QB of his class" is accurate but nowhere near what a true prospect would bring. We're back at Kellen Clemens now. A "maybe" guy that we aren't in love with but was worth the diceroll in the second round.

The "harm" in these moves is that we didn't upgrade the areas of need at all. WR2 and TE1 are more important than DE4 and QB5. BPA should have been BPAIAON (In Areas Of Need).

Jets players I like. Cromartie. Mangold. I think that's it.

SAR I
    Our Secondary is much worse.

Our Running Backs are flat, might even be a step back.

We added no WR's to replace Schillens, Gates, and Gilyard.

We added no TE's to replace Keller.

We added no pass-catching RB to replace Tomlinson (Year 3).

We added no pass rushing DL or LB.

The offense is worse than last year right now. Edwards, Keller, Greene gone.

The defense is worse than last year right now. Revis, Landry, Bell gone.

4-12.

SAR I
    Hold on.

This is a list of the things Mike Francesa says about the Jets. You tell me which ones he's wrong on:

1. Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum should have been fired together.

2. The lame duck head coach situation stood in the way of getting a better GM in here.

3. The Jets aren't a good team because they lost all their good players and replaced them poorly.

4. The Jets are a dysfunctional franchise with the head coach bamboozling his owner.

5. Rex Ryan went from having 80% say in picking players to 100% now.

....and I'll throw in Adam Schein....

6. John Idzik is a cap guy, all the Jets did was replaced one Mike T with another Mike T. Idzik has some player personnel background a long time ago, Mike T had it recently, same thing.

7. Marty Mornhinweg is a terrible hire, a bad OC from a bad team who wants to run a style of offense the Jets are incapable of playing.

8. The guy they should have hired, Tom Gamble, was eliminated from consideration because he said that as a player personnel guy the first thing that needed to be done was terminate Rex Ryan.

Are any of these media members getting this wrong?

SAR I
    Last edited by Churchill; 10-09-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    With all due respect to you, SAR is far from the names you are calling him. SAR is a very nice and generous guy. He is a great family man and good provider. I respect him and I always have. Just because he happens to have differing views from you on a sports team is no reason to be so insulting.
    Thats nice but he also was a sh1t stirrer who ruined too many threads with his annoying, trolling routine.

Who also was the first whiner to run to a mod if you called him out, so fu(k the "Just because he happens to have differing views from you on a sports team is no reason to be so insulting." He didn't respect others opinions so doesn't deserve the call to join in and sing kumbaya

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like SAR he always makes me laugh

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with SAR was, and this is conjecture based on talking to him on here, is that I think he blamed himself for not spending more time with his family and focusing a lot of his attention on the Jets and the Jets keep kicking him down.
    Reminder, this is conjecture, and I don't know if it's true, but after figuring that out, I didn't want to get into a debate with him again because I felt badly. Hopefully, since he's not been here, he is having a happier life right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    We will never know how Sanchez would have been if he had MM and Lee as a rookie.. Vinny had his best year as a Vet when he finally got top notch coaching in 1998.. I'm 100% on Geno but Mark may have been in the right place with the wrong OC and QB coach in 2009..
    BALONY!!!! i told this board from day one, suckchez was a bust!! you can not play qb in the national football league if ur scared to take a hit....and mark sanchez is a pretty boy cali boy who isnt cut out for the position.
    5i have seen geno hang in there and take hits before making throws more in 5 games than sucky in years!!!!

stop with the oc/coaching CRAP!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good riddens.....

He just got ridiculous after a while with the attention seeking and spamming the strip with these stupid threads.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Maine, I respectfully disagree with you on many issues regarding the team we love ... But that is both of our rights.

In this case I think SAR was a negative attention loving POS who cared most about the spotlight being on him ... Over anything about the Jets.

Could you be right & I wrong regarding him here? Sure ... I think he pulled the wool over your eyes though.

I look forward to debating & occasionally agreeing with your points in the future.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's his FINAL post(I think) :

"Jets Insider doesn't talk about football or the Jets most of the members hate the Jets. They bash posters then the over zealous moderators ban anyone who gets an edge on them. Its the good ole boys club there. Avoid that trash forum at all costs. sg3 is a loser who should have been banned years ago. "

Just to set the record straight, I didn't post that comment but the reasons I no longer post on Jets Insider are remarkably similar:

1. SG3's constant harassment which goes unpunished.

2. Bonhomme Richard flipping from a great poster into a terrible moderator.

What you've allowed to happen to this place is a travesty.

SAR I
    OKay then....so sg3 is to blame and SAR hates Bonhomme Richard. Boo Hoo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The problem with SAR was, and this is conjecture based on talking to him on here, is that I think he blamed himself for not spending more time with his family and focusing a lot of his attention on the Jets and the Jets keep kicking him down.
    Reminder, this is conjecture, and I don't know if it's true, but after figuring that out, I didn't want to get into a debate with him again because I felt badly. Hopefully, since he's not been here, he is having a happier life right now.
    The Jets are 3-2. We're all having happier lives right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Here's his FINAL post(I think) :

OKay then....so sg3 is to blame and SAR hates Bonhomme Richard. Boo Hoo.
    And this place became a travesty because he wasn't allowed to run around like this was his private play pen.

He may have been right in one sense, JI is a million time more readable without him here and SAR turning every thread into a we suck thread.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    1. SG3's constant harassment which goes unpunished.
    LOL. That coot has been banned more than the next 10 banned posters put together.

2. Bonhomme Richard flipping from a great poster into a terrible moderator.
    Oh +1, but he's still Babe Ruth compared to 32 Green's Marv Throneberry.

What you've allowed to happen to this place is a travesty.
    Define travesty. In Haiku form.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post

Define travesty. In Haiku form.
    Went to take a crap
    Just air came out I was sad
    Missed the field goal

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott is a great guy. Sat with him at a game in 07.
    Last edited by SBIII; 10-09-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That bastard made me want to go find his Rented Entry-level BMW and set it on fire.

Good riddance! But I'm afraid he's back... Unreasonable doosh!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    Scott is a great guy. Say with him at a game in 07.
    You can hate the guy by the way he posted on the forum but calling a guy that you've never met in real life a POS and a douchebag is a little too much. JMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR was ok when he wasn't trying to dictate the conversation in every thread. We actually agreed on most of his non-obvious-schtick football analysis. Also, he found a Jets sweatshirt I wanted on eBay...so there's that. However, anyone who "leaves" because of internet drama (especially in his case that was laughably self inflicted and, more than that, he actually craved) loses all respect from me. That includes a few posters I used to really like.

Don't think for a second he hasn't seen not only this thread, but every post about him since he left. I actually could somewhat respect him as a passionate Jets fan troll that enjoyed getting everyone's panties in a bunch then laughing and logging off, but a drama-induced permanent or temporary hiatus really makes you wonder if the attention whoring meant a lot more to him than I once thought. There are certain posters that can't just be a part of a thread (sorry Green Jets and Ham), but have to be acknowledged and control every topic. I hope he comes back, but I don't really care if he does. It must KILL him that there weren't more of these threads a long time ago.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    He posted his picture on this site once. SAR is one of these three shots, forget which is him.