Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is SAR I?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I'm sure he's reading this thread anonymously and getting great satisfaction that everyone is talking about him.
    Wonder if he ever fixed that horribly off-center light in his foyer.

All League
    SAR is a message board troll. Somewhere along the timeline of the internet, that became a Medal of Honor of sorts. It's not. It's pathetic and sad. Anyone that puts that much time and effort into trolling strangers for the most part is a douchebag, no two ways about it.

Now don't get me wrong, being a douchebag doesn't mean the guy doesn't have any like-able qualities or in reality might be a good guy, but he's a douchebag all the same.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    SAR is a message board troll. Somewhere along the timeline of the internet, that became a Medal of Honor of sorts. It's not. It's pathetic and sad. Anyone that puts that much time and effort into trolling strangers for the most part is a douchebag, no two ways about it.

Now don't get me wrong, being a douchebag doesn't mean the guy doesn't have any like-able qualities or in reality might be a good guy, but he's a douchebag all the same.
    Don't hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post

how 'bout being a peebag?

...oh and Huskers rule, Hawkeyes drool.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    how 'bout being a peebag?

...oh and Huskers rule, Hawkeyes drool.
    We all need peebags eventually. We can live without douchebags.

As for your second statement, I say booooooooo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Mod Protection apparently is not included with the JI VIP Package.
    When Sooth monetizes this sight, he will have several levels of JI VIP packages. The $500 club buys you MOD protection. LOL

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Scott is opinionated and his opinions weren't to the flavor of this forum. He is a huge Jets fan
    and has been for a long time.

He created a lot of enemies but that's what happens to people who voice their opinion and it runs
    contrary to the mainstream groupthink. I wish him well.
    Thank you, and the others, for the kind words.

"Opinions" used to be what JI was about.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I think part of the problem wasn't that he voiced his opinion or did it over and over. The problem was that he never (or rarely) could admit he was wrong. Even in the face of facts he has a hard time moving off the spot he's put himself on. He was clearly a Sanchez supporter and Rex hater. In my opinion, Scott could never separate Rex's backpage antics, bravado, Super Bowl guarantees from the fact that Rex truly is a very good coach. When Rex has had a good roster he's actually won, when he's had a depleted offensive line, aging LBs and injuries at key positions (Revis, Hill, Holmes, Keller for most of the entire 2012 season) Rex hasn't done well. Scott couldn't admit certain things.
    That's a perception problem, not reality. I was only active in 1-2 threads at a time on the Landing Strip. I went out of my way not to hit every thread as it was the wrong thing to do. The fact that you perceive that I was posting everywhere and in every blessed thread is because the threads I posted in were very popular, got a lot of traction, and you frequented them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    i suspect we are doing rather too well on the football front,you know,3 - 2,an exciting young QB,some outstanding D and a proper OC.The narrative is supposed to be Rex gets fired around week 14 and as things stand we're more likely to extend him....lose a few games starting this week and my guess is he'll suddenly reappear
    I do not like Rex Ryan but I do not root against the Jets. My disappearance from Jets Insider has nothing to do with our record or being right or wrong.

In fact, I could create quite a nice thread on the Landing Strip right now that would be something along the lines of still having beaten only 1 team with a winning record since 2010, being 3-0 this year against teams that are a combined 3-11, our D not being able to make a big stop to seal a late lead, taking stupid penalties, making stupid playcalls, running too much Wildcat, mismanaging the clock, creating way too many turnovers, lacking way too many playmakers, and on and on. Nothing has changed on the Jets except the Falcons suck. Seriously. Take away that one win against a terrible team and you're looking at the 2011 and 2012 Jets again. I like what Geno's doing, very impressive, and finally all those defense-only high draft picks are starting to shine. Then again, we caught the Patriots without WR's, we caught the Titans without a QB, and we beat on the NFL's scrubs and still needing the final :02 seconds of games in the bag to turn 1-4 into 3-2. Will be interesting to see what happens against the good teams we play 5 out of the next 7 weeks.

The Steelers game is a known-loss in the Ryan era. Winnable game after a tremendous road upset. Overconfident defense taking its swagger too literally. Media talking playoffs. Rookie QB winning NFL honors. It doesn't take a SOJF degree to see what's about to occur. I'd be very impressed if Rex can pull this out, it's going to be the toughest game he's ever had to coach. While the team is playing hard for him which is to his credit, and while some of the youngsters are developing which is to his credit, the road is about to get rough, we're going to face real teams, and we'll see what Rex Ryan is really made of.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I like Scott as well and welcome him back if he chooses.

It got to the point where his schtick started to backfire on him then he tried to come to the mods for protection which we really were not interested in providing. If you dish it out you really need to learn how to take it.
    I like you too Sean, but you need to fix this place.

It was never schtick, just opinions.

I never sought special protection, just a personal-attack-free experience.

No one dished it out and took it more than me, itís actually why I posted here.

Itís not for you to decide whether or not Iím welcome here; itís up to me to decide if JI is still a relevant and accessible platform for Jets discussion. Iím your customer, chief, and in a customer service business you might want to listen to, you know, your customers. At least the good ones, the ones who pay the bills, the ones who create the content.

You need to take an active role in cleaning up the Landing Strip. Itís on your watch that itís degraded which is a huge shame considering it was what made you very different than every other Jets forum. This was once a friendly and welcoming place and in a few short months of neglect and mismanagement youíve allowed it to become yet another sniping, sarcastic, inside-joke, cliquey, mean-spirited gathering of the ignorant, ironically just like the forums you once belonged to and left to start this place. And even if I could get over that, these days the very best posts from the very best posters are copy/pastes from Twitter and the Daily News, and I get that information pushed to me in realtime by social media.

It wasnít just sg3ís incessant personal attacking and it wasnít just Paulieís quick trigger finger that made me leave. Itís the fact that thereís nothing on JI that I canít get from alternate sources and the spirited debate that used to flourish here has vanished because the careful moderation necessary to maintain the right culture doesnít exist on the Landing Strip anymore, the quality moderators are inactive, and the quality posters donít have the patience for the crap they have to put up with anymore. Itís tragic you mention my appeals to your moderators to enforce the rules in a negative light, as if itís wrong to ask that they do their jobs instead of sitting around in the Hangar creating gameday threads that mock the very forum theyíre supposed to protect.

Itís quite easy to fix. When you do, you know how to find me.

SAR I

Wowie!!

Can you guys talk about my dad so he comes back?

I'm sure he's reading this thread anonymously and getting great satisfaction that everyone is talking about him.
    .....while clicking refresh every 10 seconds between sips of Chardonnay.

"Honey! You gotta come see this, they're talking about me! See? I told you I was important!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

The Steelers game is a known-loss in the Ryan era. Winnable game after a tremendous road upset. Overconfident defense taking its swagger too literally. Media talking playoffs. Rookie QB winning NFL honors. It doesn't take a SOJF degree to see what's about to occur. I'd be very impressed if Rex can pull this out, it's going to be the toughest game he's ever had to coach. While the team is playing hard for him which is to his credit, and while some of the youngsters are developing which is to his credit, the road is about to get rough, we're going to face real teams, and we'll see what Rex Ryan is really made of.

SAR I
    Agree 100% with this.

Sar is what happens when you actually listen to the Mike Francesas and Peter Kings.

The return of SAR I vindicates Reasonable man's claim that he is not SAR I.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sar is what happens when you actually listen to the Mike Francesas and Peter Kings.
    SAR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the above

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

The Landing Strip's homer level has been unbearable since SAR stopped posting. It was nice having a poster that could make an intelligent argument to help balance that out. My .02

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The Landing Strip's homer level has been unbearable since SAR stopped posting. It was nice having a poster that could make an intelligent argument to help balance that out. My .02
    I wouldn't say that I miss SAR but what I do know is that he wasn't nearly as bad as people made him out to be. Maybe that is b.c I chose to laugh off some of his schtick rather than fight with him like so many chose to do. Just my .02 but there are far worse cretins currently roaming the Strip, some might say I am one of them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Did you see on the Landing Strip that the Jets will lead the division in two weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Did you see on the Landing Strip that the Jets will lead the division in two weeks?
    Apparently only miserable people are focusing on this week's game.