JI Founder & President

Images

MSG Sky Bridge

What's the point of this?

ku-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Jets Insider VIP
    Desperate attempt at relevance in the face of the superior Barclay Center?

More seats and a crappy view at probably a jacked up price while further ruining the once near perfect acoustics of MSG.
    And what Jetworks said too.

those bridges are going to destroy concert sound.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it's so you can spit on people.

Jets Insider VIP
    Has anyone seen a show there since the remodel was done? I have no issue with the sky bridge if it does not screw up the acoustics of the Garden.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Has anyone seen a show there since the remodel was done? I have no issue with the sky bridge if it does not screw up the acoustics of the Garden.
    Do you mean the full remodel? Isn't that still ongoing now (or just finished)? I caught a few shows in December after the first phase was complete and I didn't notice too much of a difference, but I was on the floor, which isn't necessarily representative of the entire arena.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wasn't thinking. The remodel is just completing now actually so obviously there haven't been any concerts there yet. I would like to know if there is any difference. I have been to Barclays and thought it was nice but I was up high and I thought the seats were small and there was very limited room room to walk in front of the seats. Several people almost fell trying to get to their seats and that was with people standing up to let them pass. When I went out to get a beer, it was a pain in the ass. Maybe the Garden is just as tight but I just don't recall it being as bad. Sop it could just be my perception.

What I am curious about is the acoustics at MSG and if the Garden is still the Garden.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Do you mean the full remodel? Isn't that still ongoing now (or just finished)? I caught a few shows in December after the first phase was complete and I didn't notice too much of a difference, but I was on the floor, which isn't necessarily representative of the entire arena.
    I was in the 200's and didn't notice much. Of course I was probably smelling sound, but...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Seeing the Eagles at MSG in a few weeks. I'll let you know about the new acoustics.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I was in the 200's and didn't notice much. Of course I was probably smelling sound, but...
    Yeah, it was probably hard for you to notice the sound when you were on your hands and knees barking at the flashing lights. Good shows though, eh comrade?

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    What's the point of this?

ku-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg
    seriously?...cha ching...

The acoustics had already taken a huge hit when they raised the roof. Definitely didn't sound like MSG ever since, this looks real bad. The sound needs to travel over the ceiling and focus back into the crowd and now it looks like it can't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Yeah, it was probably hard for you to notice the sound when you were on your hands and knees barking at the flashing lights. Good shows though, eh comrade?
    Indeed. I got shut out of the lottery so I'll be overpaying on StubHub or eBay again. Most likely going to 12/28 only. You?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Seeing the Eagles at MSG in a few weeks. I'll let you know about the new acoustics.
    No, they'll suck.

isn't the city going to kick them out in 10 yrs anyway to expand Penn Sta?...

Indeed. I got shut out of the lottery so I'll be overpaying on StubHub or eBay again. Most likely going to 12/28 only. You?
    Somehow I've been killin the lottery, got 4 floors for all six shows I ordered (Worcesters Hartford ACx3), got 4 for New Years and got 2 more New Years online. I should but a scratch ticket.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Somehow I've been killin the lottery, got 4 floors for all six shows I ordered (Worcesters Hartford ACx3), got 4 for New Years and got 2 more New Years online. I should but a scratch ticket.
    GFY

GFY

Yeah I deserve that at the very least

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have Knicks tickets in the 7th row of the 200 section.

I'm concerned about what could potentially be the world's most disgusting "drip line."