Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 154

Thread: Rex Ryan earned a contract extension last night

  1. #121
    Heh, Cleansweep came into this thread just to make sure Mainejet didn't come away looking like the dumbest one here. LMFAO

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Yes, you have seen lots of passiveness, just like I posted when I said, he's not the only HC that uses a prevent defense. I also said get over it in so many words because EVERY HC uses the prevent defense. It is a fact of life in the NFL that we watch and you'd better get used to it. And if you are going to blame Rex for using a prevent D then you better start blaming every single HC that has ever coached the game.

    And the Mark Sanchez comment is only to point that the board is well aware of your tiresome, old stance that you refuse to admit is incorrect. Rex Ryan may not get an extension today or even tomorrow, but he WILL get an extension. Mark Sanchez will also never start another game for the Jets thankfully. And that is where all of your hopes and dreams are dashed.
    Glad you found someone you can win an argument against. The bold is an opinion, don't state is as though it's fact.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Heh, Cleansweep came into this thread just to make sure Mainejet didn't come away looking like the dumbest one here. LMFAO
    Lol ok kid whatever u say it's funny your getting owned left and right and I'm going to step away now because I don't like picking on retards ha. I'm sorry I brought up too many points for you to comprehend at once.. die hard was a decent movie, I remember back in the day when I played cops and robbers it was fun..

  4. #124
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,772
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Heh, Cleansweep came into this thread just to make sure Mainejet didn't come away looking like the dumbest one here. LMFAO
    Funny as hell, but you need to change that, Cowboy.


    nocallingoutposters®

  5. #125
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol ok kid whatever u say it's funny your getting owned left and right and I'm going to step away now because I don't like picking on retards ha. I'm sorry I brought up too many points for you to comprehend at once.. die hard was a decent movie, I remember back in the day when I played cops and robbers it was fun..
    Uh oh; TooLate®

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Funny as hell, but you need to change that, Cowboy.


    nocallingoutposters®
    My bad, I didn't think that was necessarily a "call out". Sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Uh oh; TooLate®
    Yeah, it's okay - I ain't mad. There's a whole bunch goin' on here that that little fritatta seems oblivious to. I mean, I've clearly gotten owned left and right in this thread. Clearly.

    LOL

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol ok kid whatever u say it's funny your getting owned left and right and I'm going to step away now because I don't like picking on retards ha. I'm sorry I brought up too many points for you to comprehend at once.. die hard was a decent movie, I remember back in the day when I played cops and robbers it was fun..
    This is my fault, I didn't realize you aren't in my weight class.

  8. #128
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    His gameplan was perfect. Rex's adjustments to rectify the penalty issues worked out marvelously. Winters played well considering last night was his first game starting. Dare I say better than Vlad would have played? The defense played possessed. The offense played great. The ST's arrived last night. Geno looked like a seasoned pro last night. His play was absolutely immaculate. He had the team completely prepared last night. Every single player that saw action left it out on the field.

    I had not seen that kind of performance out of the Jets since 2010.

    IMO, last night proved that Rex is the right guy to rebuild this team. The players respond to him as their HC. They hit on all cylinders last night.

    As much as I hope John Idzik can add some offensive weapons for Geno to use next season, I also hope he opts to extend Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan is a very good HC and deserves an extension.
    OK! OK! rightly so.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Yes, you have seen lots of passiveness, just like I posted when I said, he's not the only HC that uses a prevent defense. I also said get over it in so many words because EVERY HC uses the prevent defense. It is a fact of life in the NFL that we watch and you'd better get used to it. And if you are going to blame Rex for using a prevent D then you better start blaming every single HC that has ever coached the game.

    And the Mark Sanchez comment is only to point that the board is well aware of your tiresome, old stance that you refuse to admit is incorrect. Rex Ryan may not get an extension today or even tomorrow, but he WILL get an extension. Mark Sanchez will also never start another game for the Jets thankfully. And that is where all of your hopes and dreams are dashed.
    Yes lots of DC's deploy prevent, but in this instance when the best aspect of the Jets D(Dline) is way better than the Falcon Oline the way to beat them was to agresively rush with the Dline which they didn't. Rex's defense have blown many late leads, its a problem , but I guess to some here teflon Rex is off limits.

    And who cares that I'm a Sanchez supporter it lends no credence to your argument , it only enforces what a douchebag you are.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Glad you found someone you can win an argument against. The bold is an opinion, don't state is as though it's fact.
    Don't give him any credit , he doesn't win arguments he just goes off on posters because he has a vastly elevated ego.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Yes lots of DC's deploy prevent, but in this instance when the best aspect of the Jets D(Dline) is way better than the Falcon Oline the way to beat them was to agresively rush with the Dline which they didn't. Rex's defense have blown many late leads, its a problem , but I guess to some here teflon Rex is off limits.

    And who cares that I'm a Sanchez supporter it lends no credence to your argument , it only enforces what a douchebag you are.
    I'm a douchebag for pointing out the latest in regards to MS? That's his future. You're just hurt because you don't want the embarrassment associated with supporting him. Well, it wasn't my intention to embarrass you. Merely to point out that you and I and many others have been through this before. Not just with you, but also with SAR. And if you are so embarrassed by your beliefs, maybe you should rethink your beliefs?

  12. #132
    So......Did Rex earn a contract extension?



    What a thread.....

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm a douchebag for pointing out the latest in regards to MS? That's his future. You're just hurt because you don't want the embarrassment associated with supporting him. Well, it wasn't my intention to embarrass you. Merely to point out that you and I and many others have been through this before. Not just with you, but also with SAR. And if you are so embarrassed by your beliefs, maybe you should rethink your beliefs?
    No your a douchebag for bringing up other arguments that have no connection to the topic being discussed.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    No your a douchebag for bringing up other arguments that have no connection to the topic being discussed.
    Forgive me! I'm so sorry I offended you by bringing up something you claimed in the past! I had no idea bringing up prior arguments to what is being discussed is such a capitol offense?! I think you need to take a break. Go have a puff or drink a beer. EEK!

  15. #135
    You know...If this argument continues, both of your post-counts will reach 13,000 and 1,000 respectively.

  16. #136
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,271
    Wish I was having that beer though ... And not having to get up at 5am

  17. #137
    Rex earned the extension before the season started. I can say that because I don't rely on ESPN and WFAN soundbytes for my personal info.

  18. #138
    He didn't just beat a 1 win team. He also beat a 2 win team and a 0 win team. Each win coming after his vaunted defense gave up the lead in the fourth quarter.

    Another close game against bad team does not warrant an extension. It barely helps one forget about the blow out loss to Tennessee last week.

  19. #139
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    He still has two years in his current contract.....rex is going nowhere.....it would be absurd to let him go....and this talk of him not being a good coach is idiotic......look around the league....how many head coaches are better than rex right now. I honestly think the only people concerned about rex possibly losing his job is the media and people on this board. In a short time it's obvious that rex and MM works very well together.....we got solid coaches and coordinators and the players will only get better.....that bodes well for the jets.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    His gameplan was perfect. Rex's adjustments to rectify the penalty issues worked out marvelously. Winters played well considering last night was his first game starting. Dare I say better than Vlad would have played? The defense played possessed. The offense played great. The ST's arrived last night. Geno looked like a seasoned pro last night. His play was absolutely immaculate. He had the team completely prepared last night. Every single player that saw action left it out on the field.

    I had not seen that kind of performance out of the Jets since 2010.

    IMO, last night proved that Rex is the right guy to rebuild this team. The players respond to him as their HC. They hit on all cylinders last night.

    As much as I hope John Idzik can add some offensive weapons for Geno to use next season, I also hope he opts to extend Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan is a very good HC and deserves an extension.

  20. #140
    Nailed it. ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    His gameplan was perfect. Rex's adjustments to rectify the penalty issues worked out marvelously. Winters played well considering last night was his first game starting. Dare I say better than Vlad would have played? The defense played possessed. The offense played great. The ST's arrived last night. Geno looked like a seasoned pro last night. His play was absolutely immaculate. He had the team completely prepared last night. Every single player that saw action left it out on the field.

    I had not seen that kind of performance out of the Jets since 2010.

    IMO, last night proved that Rex is the right guy to rebuild this team. The players respond to him as their HC. They hit on all cylinders last night.

    As much as I hope John Idzik can add some offensive weapons for Geno to use next season, I also hope he opts to extend Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan is a very good HC and deserves an extension.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us