Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Stay classy, Houston

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Stay classy, Houston

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9227--nfl.html

Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub reportedly accosted at his house by upset fans

Frank Schwab
    Frank Schwab 9 hours ago Shutdown Corner

View gallery

(USA Today Sports Images)

Whatever you might think about Matt Schaub as a quarterback, we should all agree that going to his house to accost him for poor play is absolutely unacceptable.

The CBS affiliate in Houston via Sports Radio 610, citing a source close to law enforcement, said that upset fans showed up at Schaub's house to tell him off. The report said Houston Police Department was called by the NFL.

No arrests were made, the CBS report said. The fans left on their own before police could respond. The report also said one fan took photos of Schaub's family.

What would cause a person to believe that is OK?

Schaub has struggled lately, throwing an interception that was returned for a touchdown in a NFL record four straight games. Fans can pay their money and boo Schaub or go on social media or call a radio station to criticize him; that's just part of life as a NFL quarterback. Invading his privacy like that and posing a threat to him and his family is over the line and borderline insane.

Hopefully this mess gives us some perspective. No matter the fame Schaub has or the money he makes, nobody deserves to have some lunatics show up at their house and berate them about their performance on a football field.
    And after Suckchez stole 50 mils for his unacceptable performance, some so-called journalists calling Jets fans and organization for "mistreating" him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post

And after Suckchez stole 50 mils for his unacceptable performance, some so-called journalists calling Jets fans and organization for "mistreating" him?
    so what you are saying is that "Sanchez lovers" should be happy no one showed up to his house with intent to harm him or his family as opposed to *****ing about him being treated badly by the fans and media? solid reasoning...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Houston native, I'm embarrassed by my city.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a bunch of losers! It's just football you freaks. Yeah, it means a lot to me too, I bleed green, but seriously?! Mark Sanchez sucked donkey nuts last year but if I met him right now I'd shake his hand and take a picture with him.

What's wrong with people?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the CFL can one up that. A number of years ago the Saskatcehwan Roughriders had a really good kicker who happened to choke up in one playoff game and miss a 20 yarder or so in overtime and the lost. Some fans dumped a load of manure on his driveway the next day. Then of course you have soccer where players get killed for screwing up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or your lawn at your house in AZ get bleached as McNabbs was

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schaub was well within his rights to get a shotgun(if he had one) and basically tell those idiots to "GET OFF MY LAWN!".

Last edited by Vin; 10-09-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dummies. Just boo him unmercifully at games and chant "FIRE KUBIAK". Ownership will get the message.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Well the CFL can one up that. A number of years ago the Saskatcehwan Roughriders had a really good kicker who happened to choke up in one playoff game and miss a 20 yarder or so in overtime and the lost. Some fans dumped a load of manure on his driveway the next day. Then of course you have soccer where players get killed for screwing up.
    Does that make what happened in Houston OK?

It's way, way, way over the top. These guys are doing their jobs. Fans need to understand that sometimes they will have a "bad day" at work. It happens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Schaub was well within his rights to get a shotgun(if he had one) and basically tell those idiots to "GET OFF MY LAWN!".

god bless america

not

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post

Of course, that's just flat out trolling by d0uche Manish. He's an idiot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    god bless america

not

That was pretty mean, dude.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cablebob;5018190]What a bunch of losers! It's just football you freaks. Yeah, it means a lot to me too, I bleed green, but seriously?! Mark Sanchez sucked donkey nuts last year but if I met him right now I'd shake his hand and take a picture with him.

What's wrong with people?[/

this

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was pretty mean, dude.
    I have a Kleenex for you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I have a Kleenex for you.
    Thanks. You're such a good person.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The assasinated Columbian soccer star put a ball in his own goal during World Cup...It's the wild west down there

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. You're such a good person.
    Pricky Mouse?

Link?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Pricky Mouse?

Link?
    I don't get it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schaub is saying no big deal, no one shouted obscenities at him. Maybe media trying a little hard here.