Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gravity

Gravity

Is as good as they say it is. Never walked out of a cinema and wanted to kiss the ground before - this one made me want to.

Has to be seen in 3D - there are basically 3 main characters, one played by Sandra Bullock, the other George Clooney, and the 3rd space itself.

Recommended.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Is as good as they say it is. Never walked out of a cinema and wanted to kiss the ground before - this one made me want to.

Has to be seen in 3D - there are basically 3 main characters, one played by Sandra Bullock, the other George Clooney, and the 3rd space itself.

Recommended.
    I saw Sandra on the Kelly and Mike show and they showed some awesum scenes. thanks for the recommendation.

No problem - its not really a sci-fi movie - more just a blockbuster with about 200 hundred edge of the seat moments in it. I really don't know where films are going to have to go to top the use of special effects in this, its just on another level to anything I've seen in that department. Some will possibly criticise the plot but the rest of it is amazing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    No problem - its not really a sci-fi movie - more just a blockbuster with about 200 hundred edge of the seat moments in it. I really don't know where films are going to have to go to top the use of special effects in this, its just on another level to anything I've seen in that department. Some will possibly criticise the plot but the rest of it is amazing.
    Sandra said each scene was scripted with fishing line as where she had to put her hands and feet etc. It was the hardest movie to shoot from that perspective. She had to wait until the movie was over to see what she and Clooney had done.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Just saw it last night. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole thing. It was like a 90 minute rollercoaster ride. There wasn't much in the way of a plot and the backstory was a little overwrought, but my God, the special effects were amazing. And it was the first 3D movie I've seen that was truly meant for 3D. Definitely a great movie experience, all the way up until the credits roll.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Sandra said each scene was scripted with fishing line as where she had to put her hands and feet etc. It was the hardest movie to shoot from that perspective. She had to wait until the movie was over to see what she and Clooney had done.
    I'll have to track down that interview - I've never really liked her as an actress but if someone tops what she's done in this for the Oscar next year I will want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Just saw it last night. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole thing. It was like a 90 minute rollercoaster ride. There wasn't much in the way of a plot and the backstory was a little overwrought, but my God, the special effects were amazing. And it was the first 3D movie I've seen that was truly meant for 3D. Definitely a great movie experience, all the way up until the credits roll.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

"A 90 MINUTE ROLLER COASTER RIDE."
    Bonhomme Richard, JetsInsider.com

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I'd rather a 90 minute moustache ride.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I blurb with the best of them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I'd rather a 90 minute moustache ride.
    Whatever floats your boat. Just wash your bunghole first for his sake.

Fair description.

that dude's a hack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Saw this last night in 3D, baked out of my mind. It's a little implausible at times (like all big movies), but the graphics are truly breathtaking and the 3D effects are actually legit. Couple that with some good acting by Clooney and Bullock (two people I'm not crazy about), and you've got a winner.

There's a reason this got a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Go see it, preferably in 3D. It's worth the extra few bucks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Saw this last night in 3D, baked out of my mind. It's a little implausible at times (like all big movies), but the graphics are truly breathtaking and the 3D effects are actually legit. Couple that with some good acting by Clooney and Bullock (two people I'm not crazy about), and you've got a winner.

There's a reason this got a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Go see it, preferably in 3D. It's worth the extra few bucks.
    Thanks, you've made me want to see it. 98% on rotten tomatoes is a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

Marijuana is illegal!

All Pro
    Definitely gonna check this out soon, heard nothing but rave reviews about it.

I plan to eat some shrooms and maybe drop a little L before I go see it at Imax 3D

Gonna be crazy! Time to go to SPACE!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Marijuana is illegal!
    Yes... that means its a lot of fun.
    AND YOUR POINT WAS?

I like movies to have plots.