Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jets: # 2 Defense, # 14 Offense

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    pressure has been on since game one.....those numbers are high for a defense with so many new starters and a rookie qb.....scary thing is it will probably only get better. almost beat patriots in their house.....can't get more pressure than that...beat falcons where they have almost been unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    Well actually now the pressure is on. I know I've thought it a million times and I've heard it said here over and over too. If we only had an average offense we'd be a perennial playoff team. Well, here we are. Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    look at every team with a 500 or a winning record...many are giving up 20 plus points....bottom line is getting the win and being able to stay in every game...this is what this defense does...I can more than deal with that. Some of you will of course nit pick and overanalyze everything. Bottom line is we have a good defense and offense...that mix will keep you in every game. Bengals lost to the browns and held the patriots to 6 points the following weeks.....jets are better than the browns.

Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    we have a good defense, i think they give up too many points though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cro has been BALLING since last year and you want to cut him.......get real....he is the cog that is holding those guys together and Landry is also playing well and he's only 30...the other cb's made some good plays in the end zone. our secondary is not horrible....they just need to make more plays like that pick six the guy dropped. I am confident of this secondary vs the steelers this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    So, going forward I think we need to find a beast free safety and a monster sack artist OLB. If our line continually gets pressure on the QB they won't have time to go deep very often. If Walls pans out and Milliner improves, you could cut Cro and pick up someone like Byrd for 8mil( not saying Byrd though, that Lisfranc worries me). Then draft the best OLB available. Or draft the best safety and sign a beast OLB, but that will cost 10mil+.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets got the strip from Mo for a turnovers....walls could have caught that pick 6.....when roddy funbled landry almost caught it before Julio picked it up. Roddy also dropped and other that could have been covered. Richardson patted up a ball that could have been picked up. my point is they are trying the bounces will go our way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The team so far is way better than I expected. Rex has done a really nice job in getting the most out of the roster. And while winning is the most important thing, this year's team has been fun to watch as well
    Except for the Titans game
    That game was excruciatingly bad

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Cro has been BALLING since last year and you want to cut him.......get real....he is the cog that is holding those guys together and Landry is also playing well and he's only 30...the other cb's made some good plays in the end zone. our secondary is not horrible....they just need to make more plays like that pick six the guy dropped. I am confident of this secondary vs the steelers this week.
    I agree with you that Cro is playing well. You can save 9.5 mil if he were to be cut next year. I said IF Milliner and Walls step up next year it would be something to consider. If Milliner and Walls stepped up to the point where you would be comfortable starting both at CB why wouldn't you consider cutting him? I think we would be better with a proven beast at OLB or a top end free safety. I think we would be a better TEAM, I don't disagree that Cro is the best CB. Sometimes you have to make hard choices because of the cap....just look at the Revis situation.