Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Garrard On His Way Back

Rumor: Garrard On His Way Back

My friend has a source inside the organization and told me about Quinn hours before it happened. The Jets are bringing back Garrard to backup Geno because they believe they are a playoff team and want a better veteran back up.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    My friend has a source inside the organization and told me about Quinn hours before it happened. The Jets are bringing back Garrard to backup Geno because they believe they are a playoff team and want a better veteran back up.
    Well if this happens, you can crow a bit...we shall see.

Practice Squad
    he has bad knees. I don't think wheelchairs are allowed on the field. However, holding a clip board he could be a valuable asset.

not sure if true, but i would think at worst Matt Sims makes a decent backup....

All League
    Interesting idea if its true. I wonder if Garrard thinks his knees can last 10 weeks before they give out again and he can
    mentor Smith. One thing is true his work load would be much less with Geno as the #1 QB

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    not sure if true, but i would think at worst Matt Sims makes a decent backup....
    If we get to like week 16 and are in contention for a playoff spot, if Garrard can stand he would be our best option if something happened to Geno. Quinn blows, and you don't know what Simms would do. If he checks out medically I am ok with this move.

One backup to play if Geno can't (Simms) and one backup to mentor and never take a snap (Garrard).

Brady Quinn is a waste of a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    If we get to like week 16 and are in contention for a playoff spot, if Garrard can stand he would be our best option if something happened to Geno. Quinn blows, and you don't know what Simms would do. If he checks out medically I am ok with this move.
    Obviously contingent on the knees, but agree. If the Jets aren't in contention, Simms should be the backup. But for a one or two-game stretch, a healthy Garrard is a better option at QB IMO.

Is he coming in as a backup or as part of the coaching staff?

https://twitter.com/D4_850/status/387961548133896192

just saw this on twitter, some guy just ran into Garrard in the Jacksonville airport. Flying to Newark perhaps?

Wearing a yankee cap, no less.

What a "fascinating" development.

I guess that makes sense but the idea is whether Garrard CAN stay healthy which he couldn't before. Besides, if he was to be a clip-board holder/mentor, I think Sanchez still has that job right now. (unless Mark isn't physically able to be on the field anymore....Did he have surgery already? I forgot)

Quote Originally Posted by rex-n-effect View Post
    Is he coming in as a backup or as part of the coaching staff?
    I do believe they offered him a coaching position at some point after the knees flared up.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    What a "fascinating" development.

I guess that makes sense but the idea is whether Garrard CAN stay healthy which he couldn't before. Besides, if he was to be a clip-board holder/mentor, I think Sanchez still has that job right now. (unless Mark isn't physically able to be on the field anymore....Did he have surgery already? I forgot)
    Surgery was done, yesterday I think

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Surgery was done, yesterday I think
    Is that why perhaps the Jets would bring back Garrard for Clipboard duty since Mark wouldn't be able to stand on the sidelines anymore?

I'm confused. I thought he physically could not play even for a snap. I guess this is Mark Brunell lite?

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Nice job, 920!

Well, then...

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Nice job, 920!
    looks like the JETS just signed Garrard . I wondering if Quinn goes bye bye now.

All League
    Jetsfan920 has legit sources. Bravo!!!