Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez Monday Night

Sanchez Monday Night

Did anyone else notice the absolute joy in Mark Sanchez after Nick hit the FG to win the game? I could not believe what I saw, he was jumping around like a little kid in celebration. Did not look like a guy having surgery the next day, nor did he look like a guy who was not going to be here either.
    While I am embarrassed to look at him with that headband, I was happy to see him so happy for his team mates, and for the kid QB.

He looked like a guy whose team just won.

All League
    Mark Sanchez is and always has been class. A total stand-up guy.

Criticize his play on the field all you want but he does not deserve any personal venom at all. That positive energy he has on the sideline rubs off on everyone else on the team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post

Criticize his play on the field all you want but he does not deserve any personal venom at all. That positive energy he has on the sideline rubs off on everyone else on the team.
    +1

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Did anyone else notice the absolute joy in Mark Sanchez after Nick hit the FG to win the game? I could not believe what I saw, he was jumping around like a little kid in celebration. Did not look like a guy having surgery the next day, nor did he look like a guy who was not going to be here either.
    While I am embarrassed to look at him with that headband, I was happy to see him so happy for his team mates, and for the kid QB.
    Maybe he's auditioning for the back-up job next year (with a restructured contract).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post

Agreed. He's been nothing but a great teammate since he's been a Jet...he's been a great teammate to Geno, and I think he would behave in the same manner if Geno undisputed beat him out for the job...

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He looked like a guy whose team just won.
    LOL +1.

No offense to the OP, but are we that far gone as a society that a benched player celebrating a win is comment-worthy?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Maybe he's auditioning for the back-up job next year (with a restructured contract).
    I was gonna say mascot, but you're probably right.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk now Free

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Good post. Sanchez has been nothing but professional this year. I was happy to see him so happy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    LOL +1.

No offense to the OP, but are we that far gone as a society that a benched player celebrating a win is comment-worthy?
    It's just an observation that the now-kindof-disgraced former face of the franchise is still upbeat with a good attitude around all of the guys when he has every reason not to be. It's nice to see.

I did notice that. It was really refreshing to see. The guy really does still care about winning, even when he is out, and prolly will never play for this team again. Shows a lot about his character.

To say "he looked like a guy who's team just won" is not exactly true. Many, if not most guys in his situation could care less. I guarantee you if it was Mike Vick in Sanchez's situation, injured, on the bench, he would have barely clapped or showed any emotion.

LOL +1.

Are you that far removed from reality that you don't see that kind of enthusiastic celebration from a guy in Sanchez's situation as "comment worthy"? LOL

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Are you that far removed from reality that you don't see that kind of enthusiastic celebration from a guy in Sanchez's situation as "comment worthy"? LOL
    But let's start another thread comparing Geno to Tom Brady.

There was a thread with an article saying how Mark was upset at Idzik or some bullcrap thing....

Please don't believe anything you read from the NYDN or the Post. Thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    This thread is confusing. Isn't this what cheerleaders are supposed to do?

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes. We are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    No offense taken, I was just commenting because I found it ironic that a guy who has been basically lambasted in this town, and made constant fun of since last Thanksgiving, can still show class, professionalism, character and care s so much about his team and winning, that he had no problem putting all that (bad) crap to the side in favor of the good of the team. As Mr. Spock said so eloquently, "the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one." Kudos to MS for that, he truly gets it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    He looked like a guy whose team just won wearing an overly gay headband in spite of what he knows most people think.
    Fixed

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sanchez is 100000x better as a cheerleader then he ever was/is a Quarterback.

Jets Insider VIP
    It was better then when Bledsoe did the, "Tom Brady, you are the man." Bledsoe could not believe that scrawny punk took his job and won a super bowl.