Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MS lashed out at Idzik

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I'm confused.... what exactly did Sanchez do over the past two seasons to make him so valuable that it is an injustice to stick him in a preseason game with back-ups when he is competing for the starting QB job? Geeezzz it's not like Rex stuck the franchise QB out there. I just don't get the outrage by some.
    I concur. I'll also add that Sanchez got what, about 50 million from the Jets..., and he's complaining??? It's one thing if you've earned that money but he hasn't, not by a long shot. He stuck it to the Jets by purposefully refusing to work on the bad parts of his game. He's got a whiny south Cal entitled attitude fostered by his parents and Karma caught up with him....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    The fact that it's coming from Costello gives it more legitimacy. He's a good reporter. I don't think the Jets FO is above being questioned on this, but unless we can find out that Izdik ordered Rex to play Sanchez in the 4th, I don't see what the "big scoop" here is.
    I'm sure this happened. And as far as yelling at Idzik, he was probably the guy that happened to be around. And even if it didn't happen exactly as described, we've pretty much known this story without actually reading it. D'ya think Sanchez was happy to be put in there?

Hopefully this whole saga ends up well for everyone. Sanchez needs to move on to his next stop. As long as he doesn't knock the Jets out of the playoffs in the next few years, I wish him nothing but the best. Somewhere else.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Sanchez did not deserve any sort of injury, there is no denying that he robbed this franchise of around 50 million dollars.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    The fact that it's coming from Costello gives it more legitimacy. He's a good reporter. I don't think the Jets FO is above being questioned on this, but unless we can find out that Izdik ordered Rex to play Sanchez in the 4th, I don't see what the "big scoop" here is.
    I disagree, Blair.

I don't trust the NY Media because as good a reporter as you might think Costello is, he still has a Boss/Editor he reports to who has the same Agenda like Manish, Serby, Cimini, and others.

This story is bulls**t, IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'm sure this happened. And as far as yelling at Idzik, he was probably the guy that happened to be around. And even if it didn't happen exactly as described, we've pretty much known this story without actually reading it. D'ya think Sanchez was happy to be put in there?

Hopefully this whole saga ends up well for everyone. Sanchez needs to move on to his next stop. As long as he doesn't knock the Jets out of the playoffs in the next few years, I wish him nothing but the best. Somewhere else.
    idzik drafted geno, and in sanchez's mind geno got better TC treatment and 'only' became the starter b/c someone put sanchez in with the scrub OL. IMO that's how sanchez views it. he won't blame rex, so who's he gonna blame?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It would be typical Sanchez.

Went to target and lash out at Rex but instead hit Idzik.

Is it me or did someone post this earlier?
    how is that typical Sanchez when does he lash out and throw people under the bus? lmao .. He took all the hits from unnamed sources talking down on him on his own team and never ONCE said anything back and I felt he dealt with it 10x better than most QB's usually do. Give me a break ... "typical Sanchez" .. what the hell? lol

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    simms just fine behind that line
    and if mark had gotten the ball out on time, or threw it away he would havebeen fine
    but he did what he does..

time to move on

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    While Sanchez did not deserve any sort of injury, there is no denying that he robbed this franchise of around 50 million dollars.
    yeah cause he paid himself. Walked in armed into the front office and demanded money. More like Tanny robbed the owners money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Got hurt playing football? Gee, really sorry. Tough break. But I can think of at least 8 million reasons to suck it up and say "that's part of the job."

Same bum deal happens to a lot of guys making 1/20th that amount of money.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    idzik drafted geno, and in sanchez's mind geno got better TC treatment and 'only' became the starter b/c someone put sanchez in with the scrub OL. IMO that's how sanchez views it. he won't blame rex, so who's he gonna blame?
    Somewhere Kellen Clemens is getting a giggle out of the notion that Sanchez feels he was treated unfairly in his "competition" for the QB job against the new draft pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Somewhere Kellen Clemens is getting a giggle out of the notion that Sanchez feels he was treated unfairly in his "competition" for the QB job against the new draft pick.
    yeah, it's the circle of life. but sanchez's comments before the NE game that he had won the qb competition before he got hurt kinda jibes with his alleged yelling at idzik. if it's all true you can make a case that he blames idzik for his plight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I think it's more Mark initially took the non surgical option and the organization figured they owed it to him to keep him on the roster. I don't know that they deserve much if any criticism for it. I think it is funny that Mark opts for surgery right after Geno lights it up against Atlanta though.
    Good point.

As for when. I'd guess purely coincidental.

I can't see Sanchez calling up Andrews at midnight saying "let's do this" in 12 hours. But who knows

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    I concur. I'll also add that Sanchez got what, about 50 million from the Jets..., and he's complaining??? It's one thing if you've earned that money but he hasn't, not by a long shot. He stuck it to the Jets by purposefully refusing to work on the bad parts of his game. He's got a whiny south Cal entitled attitude fostered by his parents and Karma caught up with him....
    Mark brought this on himself...... if he played like a 1sr rounder, not a pick machine, none of this happens.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Mark brought this on himself...... if he played like a 1sr rounder, not a pick machine, none of this happens.
    Agreed 10000%!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably true. He wasn't going to win the competition and start the season anyway, as has been reported. It is why Rex put him in. He wanted to give Sanchez as many opportunities as he could to show what he could. It was a terrible break for him. But it's football.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It would be typical Sanchez.

Went to target and lash out at Rex but instead hit Idzik.

Is it me or did someone post this earlier?
    well done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Even if it did happen it is no big deal. Can you blame the kid?
    +1

It would be completely understandable he'd be upset. He basically realized he was done in NY and his chances of being a starter in this league again took a big hit. He felt like he'd gotten a raw deal. He's human, afterall. Frankly, I'm impressed with how well he's handled everything the last two years. I'd be cursing out beat writers on twitter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The one thing that's quite forgotten is that Sanchez only "won" the QB job because of how Geno played in the first half. It was the first time Geno played with the starters because he was hurt in the first preseason game. Was the expectation that Sanchez was not going to play the final two preseason games and then be the starter? That's not particularly logical.

Sanchez had 1 drive in that game, and it ended with a fumbled exchange. He then played 2 more snaps before getting hurt. The plan going into the game was that he'd play with the 2nd string. The only thing that changed was that Geno's performance with the first team was awful.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is just not a very good QB. He belonged in the 2nd string.
    I don't care that he got to 2 AFC Championship games. There are many QBs out there who would do the same if they had the running game, o-line, and defense that Sanchez had helping him out in his first 2 years.

When the going got tough in 2011/2012 and the Jets had to actually rely on Sanchez to win them some games, he failed. End of story. He belonged with the 2nd stringers out there.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, who gives a sh*t? He's gone and the Jets have moved on.