Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MS lashed out at Idzik

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why would he be mad at Idzik? Rex put him in, not John Idzik.
    Not sure if it had any effect on that particular day, but it was Idzik's mission all along to create open competition in camp for QB. He said as much during his initial press conference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares? not me! dude you sucked! you should have stayed in school and learn how to play football.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Mark Sanchez, who underwent shoulder surgery Tuesday, has said all the right things about the unfortunate injury that wiped out his season. But the Jets quarterback’s emotions came out in a behind-the-scenes fit in the immediate aftermath of being hurt in the fourth quarter of a preseason game against the Giants.

Sanchez shouted at general manager John Idzik in the trainer’s room after the game, according to witnesses. Sanchez was furious the team put him in the game when it did — in the waning minutes of a meaningless contest behind a second-string offensive line.

There has been tension between the organization and Sanchez since then, according to sources. With the season-ending surgery he has likely played his last game for the Jets.

But Sanchez’s behavior in public has been exemplary, and he was a visible cheerleader on the sideline Monday night in Atlanta, where his replacement, Geno Smith, led the Jets to a come-from-behind, 30-28 win over the Falcons.

“What’s done is done,” Sanchez said last month. “I don’t think you heal right if you hold grudges. That negative stuff doesn’t help. It’s over, it’s done with. I’ve moved on, and we’re moving on together.”

http://nypost.com/2013/10/09/irate-s...oulder-injury/
    Gimmie 8 million and I won't lash out at anyone. What a putz.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Probably true. He wasn't going to win the competition and start the season anyway, as has been reported. It is why Rex put him in. He wanted to give Sanchez as many opportunities as he could to show what he could. It was a terrible break for him. But it's football.
    +1 Rex wanted to prove a point that Mark could do it and he actually made a great play before getting hurt

Regardless, I think Geno would be the starter by now anyway and now he has more experience

Seattle got a 5th for Flynn so still some hope

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This smacks to me of two things:

1) The Jets probably had hoped MS would take a paycut and take one for the team. Idzik was desperate to correct the wrong of Tanny, his predecessor.

2) I am certain MS refused because he knew his days in NY were numbered all along.

And that is what started the problems between the two sides.

In the end, MS was smart for refusing to negotiate anything with his contract. He saw the writing on the wall. It just sucks that he chose to think of himself over the teams welfare.

From the teams standpoint, they had every right to ask/demand that he take a paycut. They had every right to ask/demand that he compete in an open competition for his position, including inserting him into a meaningless 4th quarter preseason game if that is what they needed to determine a starter.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It would be typical Sanchez.

Went to target and lash out at Rex but instead hit Idzik.
    LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Even if it did happen it is no big deal. Can you blame the kid?
    Why is he yelling at Idzik though? He should be yelling at Rex for putting him in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Why is he yelling at Idzik though? He should be yelling at Rex for putting him in.
    Maybe Rex wasn't around (presser?).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Maybe Rex wasn't around (presser?).
    So he yelled at the first authority figure he could find? Makes a bit of sense.

I understand why he was frustrated, and it shows the ruthlessness of the sport. (not suggesting conspiracy)

If the Jets had a bad record now, this would get much more play, but the fact that the Jets are 3-2 and Geno is coming off a masterful performance kind of blocks it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As usual you're without a clue.

The development that Sanchez barked at Idzik is actually rather telling, and provides credence that Idzik had as much to do with the decision as Rex did in promoting camp and pre-season competition.

You're call on Rex is looking good too...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This pathetic excuse of "journalists" sounded like Rex put Payton Manning to return punts in preseason.
    It was Mark Sanchez, the worst starting QB in NFL, finally had to compete. And failed.
    Move on.
    I will be shocked that MS will ever had a success in NFL.
    In fact, I am willing to wage $250 with anyone on this board (winning goes to Sooth charity) against $100, then in next 2 years Suckchez will never start 3 games in a season for a winning team in the NFL.
    Any takers?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Probably true. He wasn't going to win the competition and start the season anyway, as has been reported. It is why Rex put him in. He wanted to give Sanchez as many opportunities as he could to show what he could. It was a terrible break for him. But it's football.
    LOL, that isn't what was reported, and you're still wrong

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm; maybe if the story is true; mark, frustrated about being injured lashed out at the first person who he saw. i have yelled at my wife before when she has done nothing wrong when i am in a bad mood; i would think this is more likely than some conspiracy theory about mark's intentions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Gimmie 8 million and I won't lash out at anyone. What a putz.
    A putz who has more money than us.

I want to be THAT kind of putz. Thank you.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is a real good guy, but not a real good player. But the Jets screwed him when they set him up to get hurt.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    how is that typical Sanchez when does he lash out and throw people under the bus? lmao .. He took all the hits from unnamed sources talking down on him on his own team and never ONCE said anything back and I felt he dealt with it 10x better than most QB's usually do. Give me a break ... "typical Sanchez" .. what the hell? lol
    It would really be hard to miss the point more than you just did.

You have one hell of a sense of humor.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

It just sucks that he chose to think of himself over the teams welfare.
    And when was the last time you took a pay cut for your company, voluntarily? Let alone a million or 2. Same crap as with Revis. I can't believe people who wouldn't do it themselves think others should.

Oh wait, democrat right?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

1) The Jets probably had hoped MS would take a paycut and take one for the team. Idzik was desperate to correct the wrong of Tanny, his predecessor.

2) I am certain MS refused because he knew his days in NY were numbered all along.

And that is what started the problems between the two sides.

In the end, MS was smart for refusing to negotiate anything with his contract. He saw the writing on the wall. It just sucks that he chose to think of himself over the teams welfare.

From the teams standpoint, they had every right to ask/demand that he take a paycut. They had every right to ask/demand that he compete in an open competition for his position, including inserting him into a meaningless 4th quarter preseason game if that is what they needed to determine a starter.
    Ask, sure why not, anyone can ask. Demand? No. They redid his deal and then guaranteed the money. Unless you think they're allowed to breach his contract

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing that matters is we're 3-2 and the NY Media's precious Giants are the worst team in the NFL. Pls print more bs non-stories about a has-been qb who won't be here next yr.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he was just lashing out in general about being put in the game at that juncture and Idzik happened to be the guy who was there.

I doubt he blames Idzik for what happened. If he does, that's misplaced.