Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with Coples ?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats wrong with Coples ?

He made just one play. I kept looking at him the whole game when he was in he looks so lazy and like he doesnt want to be out there. He looks so sluggish and out of position. It sucks to see physically gifted people waste there talent espwciLly if they are JETS

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    coming back from injury, still learning a new position. give him a coupe more games

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe his ankle bone still has a crack in it... or maybe the screw in there feels funny.
    Or possibly doubled?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a DT playing OLB. That's what's wrong with him

Coples is a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT.

His best year in college was his JR year. He played DT and after the season many thought he was a top 5 pick. His final year they moved him to DE in a 4-3 and he disappeared. That's why he dropped in the draft.
    He's an inside player. He can rush the passer better from the inside. He's not an edge player.

He not a John Abraham, Demarcus Ware or other hybrids that can play DE or OLB. He's a DT or 3-4 DE...He's completely out of position.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;5018982]We have a DT playing OLB. That's what's wrong with him

Coples is a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT.

His best year in college was his JR year. He played DT and after the season many thought he was a top 5 pick. His final year they moved him to DE in a 4-3 and he disappeared. That's why he dropped in the draft.
    He's an inside player. He can rush the passer better from the inside. He's not an edge player.

He not a John Abraham, Demarcus Ware or other hybrids that can play DE or OLB. He's a DT or 3-4 DE...He's completely out of position.[/QUOTE ThankYou.Again a 290lb OLB with too much muscle and no flexibility,isn't gonna get it done

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    he was getting constant double teams and still generated pressure on many plays, forcing Ryan into rushed throws.

people will see what they want to see, however.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets4everFlying View Post
    He made just one play. I kept looking at him the whole game when he was in he looks so lazy and like he doesnt want to be out there. He looks so sluggish and out of position. It sucks to see physically gifted people waste there talent espwciLly if they are JETS
    I think lazy is waaaaaaaaay too harsh. I saw him taking on two blockers quite a bit. Sometimes you just have to be the unsung hero for a game or two. Hopefully when Richardson or Wilkerson are getting doubled (because you know they will from here on out quite a bit) it will open things for Coples. Too early to criticize his performance, especially considering he broke his ankle a few weeks ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hes Gholston bad right now. Rexy better do something quick.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's half as*ing it because his real dream is to become an NFL QB. And rumor has it he hates Geno and is deeply jealous of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    He's half as*ing it because his real dream is to become an NFL QB. And rumor has it he hates Geno and is deeply jealous of him.
    LOL.

Pretty much THIS exactly!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Hes Gholston bad right now. Rexy better do something quick.
    This is a Ghostlon bad post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    I think lazy is waaaaaaaaay too harsh. I saw him taking on two blockers quite a bit. Sometimes you just have to be the unsung hero for a game or two. Hopefully when Richardson or Wilkerson are getting doubled (because you know they will from here on out quite a bit) it will open things for Coples. Too early to criticize his performance, especially considering he broke his ankle a few weeks ago.
    On this board?? You have to be kidding..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy has played 3 games at olb. Three.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    i Rrichardson, Wilkerson,and Harrison,were getting doubled at one point or another throughout the game,and coples did NOTHING.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    he was getting constant double teams and still generated pressure on many plays, forcing Ryan into rushed throws.

I started a thread about this exact topic a couple of days back. MODS - can you merge please?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets4everFlying View Post
    2nd week back from a broken foot? why are peopole so crazy about this guy. He had 5.5 sacks last year in limited time missed 5 weeks I believe this year to a fracture ...give him some time to get in shape.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    The guy has played 3 games at olb. Three.
    When its 3rd and 9,you go right after the QB.How many times were there in the game where Coples one job was to hit the QB

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    When its 3rd and 9,you go right after the QB.How many times were there in the game where Coples one job was to hit the QB
    Why don't you tell us all since you are so convinced he's no good at olb you must be paying very close attention. My guess is you have no idea though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Why don't you tell us all since you are so convinced he's no good at olb you must be paying very close attention. My guess is you have no idea though.
    Why are you insulting me. I mean really.How many 290lb olbackers are there in the league. Have you been watching, i don't think so.You seriously believe that the falcons were putting two guys on Coples, when Wikerson and harrision command double teams almost every down.In the titan game, Coples was being blocked more than a few times by thier tight end,and did nothing.I have nothing against Coples. He's playing out of position,if you can't see that, im sorry.we can agree to disagree.But don't insult me,its nothing personal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

Exactly....that plus he is coming off of injury and missed nearly half of camp......

I will wait before I write him off and say he can't play OLB in this league