Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with Coples ?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Why are you insulting me. I mean really.How many 290lb olbackers are there in the league. Have you been watching, i don't think so.You seriously believe that the falcons were puttiong two guys on Coples, when Wikerson and harrision command double teams almost every down.In the titan game, Coples was being blocked more than a few times by thier tight end,and did nothing.I have nothing against Coples. He's playing out of position,if you can't see that, im sorry.we can agree to disagree.But don't insult me,its nothing personal.
    I actually saw coples beat him man multiple times and then get cut by the rb. Which allowed our pass rushers to get pressure up the middle. I agree he's not a full time OLB, and I wish they'd send him on more inside stunts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you insulting me. I mean really.How many 290lb olbackers are there in the league. Have you been watching, i don't think so.You seriously believe that the falcons were putting two guys on Coples, when Wikerson and harrision command double teams almost every down.In the titan game, Coples was being blocked more than a few times by thier tight end,and did nothing.I have nothing against Coples. He's playing out of position,if you can't see that, im sorry.we can agree to disagree.But don't insult me,its nothing personal.
    Even if he was blocked by one guy he is coming off of an ankle injury and we should wait a lil bit before writing him off...

eh what am I saying....this is the fail strip where logic isn't allowed and players are busts after 1 bad game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    I actually saw coples beat him man multiple times and then get cut by the rb. Which allowed our pass rushers to get pressure up the middle. I agree he's not a full time OLB, and I wish they'd send him on more inside stunts.
    Im not posting to personally attack Coples, or the people,who want to give him more time.We drafted him to be a 3/4 DE.North Carolina never moved him off the line,ever.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples lined up at tackle several times and did nothing from the inside either. Now he did have a good game at Tennessee. My guess is that he's playing as if he's scared to get another fine. He'll have to get over it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Even if he was blocked by one guy he is coming off of an ankle injury and we should wait a lil bit before writing him off...

eh what am I saying....this is the fail strip where logic isn't allowed and players are busts after 1 bad game
    Im not saying he's a bust.Im just stating an opinion that he's a downlineman,and will never give us what were looking for at OLB.Its just an opinion, maybe im wrong, maybe im right. Whats the big stink???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Coples lined up at tackle several times and did nothing from the inside either. Now he did have a good game at Tennessee. My guess is that he's playing as if he's scared to get another fine. He'll have to get over it.
    So he wasn't the first one in the back field on our goal line stand?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson made more plays in the first half,than coples has the three games he's been back,RIGHT OR WRONG. And he's a rookie

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not saying he's a bust.Im just stating an opinion that he's a downlineman,and will never give us what were looking for at OLB.Its just an opinion, maybe im wrong, maybe im right. Whats the big stink???
    no big stink.....

I'm just not ready to write him off as an OLB yet......he's clearly not 100% as of yet and is still working his way into game shape given the fact that he missed a lil less than half of the preseason due to injury....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson made more plays in the first half,than coples has the three games he's been back,RIGHT OR WRONG. And he's a rookie
    That's a dumb way of looking at. Just cause one player has been playing out of his mind doesn't make the other a bad player. Last year Coples started out slow than came on strong and was our leading sacker. This year he had a good preseason and fractured his ankle HITTING the QB. He's still learning a new position and coming back from injury. Give it time before you crap all over him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a dumb way of looking at. Just cause one player has been playing out of his mind doesn't make the other a bad player. Last year Coples started out slow than came on strong and was our leading sacker. This year he had a good preseason and fractured his ankle HITTING the QB. He's still learning a new position and coming back from injury. Give it time before you crap all over him.
    NOSEBLEED IM NOT CRAPPING ALL OVER HIM.IF HE WAS PLAYING IN RICHARDSON"S SPOT HE"D BE MAKING IMPACT PLAYS. I THINK THE DRAFTING OF RICHARDSON WASN"T PLANNED,AND IT FORCED RYAN TO USE COPLES IN A DIFFERENT WAY.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/top...l-game-now-up/

some nut on the falcons board analyzed every oline play...kinda interesting

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOSEBLEED IM NOT CRAPPING ALL OVER HIM.IF HE WAS PLAYING IN RICHARDSON"S SPOT HE"D BE MAKING IMPACT PLAYS. I THINK THE DRAFTING OF RICHARDSON WASN"T PLANNED,AND IT FORCED RYAN TO USE COPLES IN A DIFFERENT WAY.
    Woah relax with the caps lock. If you looked at another my posts I agreed he's not a full time OLB, but he hasn't been as bad as a few people on here are making it out to be. All I was saying was give it time.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is every thread here this ridiculous?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    We have a DT playing OLB. That's what's wrong with him

Coples is a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT.

His best year in college was his JR year. He played DT and after the season many thought he was a top 5 pick. His final year they moved him to DE in a 4-3 and he disappeared. That's why he dropped in the draft.
    He's an inside player. He can rush the passer better from the inside. He's not an edge player.

He not a John Abraham, Demarcus Ware or other hybrids that can play DE or OLB. He's a DT or 3-4 DE...He's completely out of position.
    Agree completely. IMO he lacks the suddenness necessary to be successful in that role. The athleticism is there as is the strength, but he doesn't have that twitch.

Honestly, I think he'd be pretty good as a hybrid 34/43 end that can set the edge.

ThankYou.Again a 290lb OLB with too much muscle and no flexibility,isn't gonna get it done
    I don't think he's too muscular, but I do agree that he seems somewhat stiff. Whether that's him normally, the result of him returning from injury, or his trying to get used to a new position is certainly open for debate.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woah relax with the caps lock. If you looked at another my posts I agreed he's not a full time OLB, but he hasn't been as bad as a few people on here are making it out to be. All I was saying was give it time.
    He's a Jet, Nosebleed,im rooting for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I think he's the 2nd best WR on this team.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes he was, and that was a good play. But that was about it for the game... So he definitely deserves criticism. If you go through the plays on Gamerewind you'll see a guy who played with half ass effort for at least half the snaps. I'd prefer not to make excuses for him. He flat out needs to try harder; he's letting his teammates down with that type of play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Agree completely. IMO he lacks the suddenness necessary to be successful in that role. The athleticism is there as is the strength, but he doesn't have that twitch.

Honestly, I think he'd be pretty good as a hybrid 34/43 end that can set the edge.

I don't think he's too muscular, but I do agree that he seems somewhat stiff. Whether that's him normally, the result of him returning from injury, or his trying to get used to a new position is certainly open for debate.
    What we have now on our d-line,i think i'd like to see if we can use coples to trade up and draft Anthony Barr.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/top...l-game-now-up/

some nut on the falcons board analyzed every oline play...kinda interesting
    Thanks, that was an interesting read. Like here, it took about 4 posts for that thread to go full retard LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    We have a DT playing OLB. That's what's wrong with him

Coples is a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT.

His best year in college was his JR year. He played DT and after the season many thought he was a top 5 pick. His final year they moved him to DE in a 4-3 and he disappeared. That's why he dropped in the draft.
    He's an inside player. He can rush the passer better from the inside. He's not an edge player.

He not a John Abraham, Demarcus Ware or other hybrids that can play DE or OLB. He's a DT or 3-4 DE...He's completely out of position.
    John Abraham? Didn't we get rid of him because he wasn't suited as a 3-4 OLB?