Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats wrong with Coples ?

Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Yes he was, and that was a good play. But that was about it for the game... So he definitely deserves criticism. If you go through the plays on Gamerewind you'll see a guy who played with half ass effort for at least half the snaps. I'd prefer not to make excuses for him. He flat out needs to try harder; he's letting his teammates down with that type of play.
    LOL.There were so many times in that game were he was standing over a pile of his teamates who were gang tackling the ball carrier.He was always late to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He's a Jet, Nosebleed,im rooting for him.
    I know you are and he is a better 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE. With Barnes being injured I think we'll see him start getting a couple sacks. Now they kind of have to leave him in on 3rd down.

Yes he was, and that was a good play. But that was about it for the game... So he definitely deserves criticism. If you go through the plays on Gamerewind you'll see a guy who played with half ass effort for at least half the snaps. I'd prefer not to make excuses for him. He flat out needs to try harder; he's letting his teammates down with that type of play.
    Can you please put up a link?

Why are you insulting me. I mean really.How many 290lb olbackers are there in the league. Have you been watching, i don't think so.You seriously believe that the falcons were putting two guys on Coples, when Wikerson and harrision command double teams almost every down.In the titan game, Coples was being blocked more than a few times by thier tight end,and did nothing.I have nothing against Coples. He's playing out of position,if you can't see that, im sorry.we can agree to disagree.But don't insult me,its nothing personal.
    I didn't insult you. You asked me a direct question which I didn't know the answer to and I asked you for the answer. I doubted that you knew the answer though and I guess you took offense to that. Based on your response I was right though!

I am not even disagreeing with you. I honestly don't know because I haven't focused on Coples. He could be playing like the worst OLB in the history of the NFL for all I know, but he's played 3 f'n games at OLB coming off a broken ankle and you are gung ho for trading him. Can you give the guy a chance to adjust to a new position? Our defense hasn't exactly been getting thrashed with him out there either.

Maybe they're using him as a Bryan Thomas type OLB where his main role is as a run stopper and to set the edge?

Coples lined up at tackle several times and did nothing from the inside either. Now he did have a good game at Tennessee. My guess is that he's playing as if he's scared to get another fine. He'll have to get over it.
    On one of those plays he would have had an easy sack on MR, if not for a blatant hold that I think was the worst non-calls of the game. It was on the broken Julio Jones TD pass.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Why don't you tell us all since you are so convinced he's no good at olb you must be paying very close attention. My guess is you have no idea though.
    You mad at me now.I can't help it,im just a stupid guitar player

You mad at me now.I can't help it,im just a stupid guitar player
    Why would I be mad? What kind of stupid guitar do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    coming back from injury, still learning a new position. give him a coupe more games
    How much longer will we have to wait? He was a first round pick on a Rex Ryan defense, it's time to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    This is a Ghostlon bad post.
    Why are you surprised? Joe w Namath is a Gholston bad poster. Hell, he's a Matt Mulligan/Mark Sanchez bad poster.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Why would I be mad? What kind of stupid guitar do you have?
    Hamer Studio custom.Benedetto New yorker Archtop,and a Marchione Classical

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    He's hurt
    Yeah. I disagreed with them bringing him back when they did. I think they should have waited another week or two and let the ankle heal completely.

Desperate times led to desperate measures I suppose.

I just hope by doing this it doesn't become a chronic problem with his ankle.