Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality is Geno is somewhere in the middle of Tenn & ATL game; managing expectations

Reality is Geno is somewhere in the middle of Tenn & ATL game; managing expectations

One can only hope closer to the ATL game. The stats were amazing and the constant formation switches and heavy back sets mixed in with bunch formations & attacking downfield truly helped put Geno in the best spot to succeed. Keep in mind not many teams have as poor of a pass rush as the Falcons have so the time was there. We'll play teams with a much better pass rush this year that will test us up front and also teams that will play more aggressive with press man on our receivers & blitz Geno a whole lot. My biggest worry isn't with Geno at this moment its if we can keep the pass rush away from him and continue getting receivers open downfield for him.

I'm excited about being 3-2 but before I start believing we have an outside shot at a playoff berth this year we have to win 2 in a row. Most were convinced Tenn was a game that we should win. Now if we lose against Pitt this is a 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards kind of deal. As a fan I'm truly excited but I'm trying HARD to manage my expectations until I see what we do against Pitt. Hopefully MM stays sharp and he's figured out what works best for Geno, the receivers continue to catch the ball and make plays after the catch, and the running game gets going. Let us hope the arrow stays up after this week.

All Pro
    It is possible for some to enjoy the upset without getting ahead of themselves.......

DUMP

Saying that this board shouldn't get too high nor too low is both logical and futile.

We give bipolar disorder a bad name.

All Pro
    Reality is the kid has played 5 games, and had the best 5 games of any rookie the Jets have ever had. Makes plays that we haven't seen around here since Vinnie was at his best. Leads the league in down field passing. He's going to make mistakes, but he doesn't get rattled. His potential is off the charts, and we got him in the 2nd round without trading up. People have every right to feel a little excitement.

I'd say he's closer to ATL than he is to Tenn.

Expecting a 2TD 1INT performance from him at this point should be what to expect. 1/1, 1/0 with a fumble, etc.

If he eliminates the turnovers, we're set. He gives this team that danger factor on offense they haven't had.

This reality sounds an awful lot like your opinion.

The reality is Geno is a tuna sandwich. Just because I said "the reality" doesn't make it true.... OR DOES IT!

Practice Squad
    Reality is that he's not a complete player yet and needs to develop. Point is, we saw improvement and potential. Now, let's see him keep his composure, footwork and fundamentals against a more physical Pitt D.

Hall Of Fame
    So you mean he is not going to throw 48 TDs with 0 INTs? Dammit.

I'm just expecting him not to be able to sustain the level of success he had against the Falcons. When that happens, he will be forgiven. I am also expecting him not to repeat his performance in Tennessee. If that happens, it will cause everyone concern.

From there we'll cross every bridge as we come to them.

But I will say this.... That was one hell of a performance that probably no one saw coming the other night. Geno's performance was right up there with any established veteran QB. It was great to see and I truly hope it allows Geno something to build on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Reality is the kid has played 5 games, and had the best 5 games of any rookie the Jets have ever had. Makes plays that we haven't seen around here since Vinnie was at his best. Leads the league in down field passing. He's going to make mistakes, but he doesn't get rattled. His potential is off the charts, and we got him in the 2nd round without trading up. People have every right to feel a little excitement.
    absolutely and I think the negativity comes from Sanchez fans!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Reality is that he's not a complete player yet and needs to develop. Point is, we saw improvement and potential. Now, let's see him keep his composure, footwork and fundamentals against a more physical Pitt D.
    err Pittsburgh has very little passrush! Geno has taken some shots and he gets right up and throws the ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    err Pittsburgh has very little passrush! Geno has taken some shots and he gets right up and throws the ball!
    Maybe so, but LeBeau is about as creative and successful as it gets when it comes to blitzing. I expect him to send 5-6 rushers a lot and see if Geno can make him pay. Love Geno, but I'm a tad nervous about his abilities (thus far) versus the blitz

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    One can only hope closer to the ATL game. The stats were amazing and the constant formation switches and heavy back sets mixed in with bunch formations & attacking downfield truly helped put Geno in the best spot to succeed. Keep in mind not many teams have as poor of a pass rush as the Falcons have so the time was there. We'll play teams with a much better pass rush this year that will test us up front and also teams that will play more aggressive with press man on our receivers & blitz Geno a whole lot. My biggest worry isn't with Geno at this moment its if we can keep the pass rush away from him and continue getting receivers open downfield for him.

I'm excited about being 3-2 but before I start believing we have an outside shot at a playoff berth this year we have to win 2 in a row. Most were convinced Tenn was a game that we should win. Now if we lose against Pitt this is a 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards kind of deal. As a fan I'm truly excited but I'm trying HARD to manage my expectations until I see what we do against Pitt. Hopefully MM stays sharp and he's figured out what works best for Geno, the receivers continue to catch the ball and make plays after the catch, and the running game gets going. Let us hope the arrow stays up after this week.
    I'm really getting sick of these authoritative threads telling me not to get excited. I'll get excited if I want to, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I'm really getting sick of these authoritative threads telling me not to get excited. I'll get excited if I want to, thanks.
    Calm Down,your getting too exited.

All Pro
    The 'reality' is that his performances are a direct reflection of the difficulty of the defense on the opposing team and his performance (In TN game) predicted by his scouting report. The two times ATL mounted a pass rush, he was sacked.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Calm Down,your getting too exited.
    Just so you understand the difference, you "exited" this web-site when Arias was convicted. I am "excited" that we have QB with real potential.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The 'reality' is that his performances are a direct reflection of the difficulty of the defense on the opposing team and his performance (In TN game) predicted by his scouting report. The two times ATL mounted a pass rush, he was sacked.
    I can always count on death, taxes and that you will find something negative to say about Geno's latest achievements. Must be a damn miserable existence.

Just so you understand the difference, you "exited" this web-site when Arias was convicted. I am "excited" that we have QB with real potential.
    You know i was only kidding, right?If you've read my posts about geno, you know i am too. A franchise QB,in need of a few more weapons

All Pro
    I can always count on death, taxes and that you will find something negative to say about Geno's latest achievements. Must be a damn miserable existence.
    He's a punk, and has a funny shaped head. Don't forget that we were 10 point underdogs.

All Pro
    It must be miserable having such poor reading comprehension skills