Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking Ahead To PIT

All League

Looking Ahead To PIT

It's shocking that they are 0-4 but after looking at their numbers you can see why:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/...burgh-steelers

- No running game

- Bad OLine. With no Pouncey how are they going to handle our DLine?

- Poor pass rush (4 sacks). This goes against everything PIT is built on

- No defensive turnovers

- Their top tacklers are players from their secondary which means their front 7
    isn't getting the job done

It still will be a tough game because you know their fans travel and they have
    Rapeisberger, Miller, WR's, Polamalu and Lebeau

We gotta have this one, everybody (media) will be waiting for us to come back down to earth and fall flat on our faces.

We can't take a step forward and two back, we must keep the momentum goin, this is a fantastic opportunity to go 4-2 and we have to take it.

I started a thread yesterday on this

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    It's shocking that they are 0-4 but after looking at their numbers you can see why:

- No running game

- No defensive turnovers

They are rested and have been in every game. We need a heavy dose of Powell, Goodson, and Ivory early on; followed by a few well schemed long passes. Don't give the Steelers field position. Make them earn every yard.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post

- No running game

- No defensive turnovers

The Steelers have a big advantage because they are coming off a bye and the Jets have a short week after a road game, bad scheduling by the league IMO.

The biggest threat to the Jets is if they blitz Ben they better wrap him up, he evades the rush and keeps plays alive as good as any QB. I dont think the Steelers will be able to run the ball very well so I expect Ben to throw it a lot. They have to get Ben on the ground when they have the opportunity. If they can sack Ben at least 4 times they will have an excellent chance at winning this game.

The pitt line was questionable before losing Pouncey. Without Pouncey and our beasts on the inside, I think we should get to Big Ben plenty. And guys like Wilk/Richardson/coples are not the types to let a guy like big Ben escape.

Again, it should all come down to Geno. If Geno can be decent 240yards, 2 tds, 1 int. No fumbles. We win the game.

I think the crowd/fans are ready to embrace this team. So anticipate a loud crowd Sunday (I know me and my 5 year old will be two of the loudest).

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The pitt line was questionable before losing Pouncey. Without Pouncey and our beasts on the inside, I think we should get to Big Ben plenty. And guys like Wilk/Richardson/coples are not the types to let a guy like big Ben escape.

Again, it should all come down to Geno. If Geno can be decent 240yards, 2 tds, 1 int. No fumbles. We win the game.

I think the crowd/fans are ready to embrace this team. So anticipate a loud crowd Sunday (I know me and my 5 year old will be two of the loudest).
    Where's the like button? Have fun at the game!

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Steelers have a big advantage because they are coming off a bye and the Jets have a short week after a road game, bad scheduling by the league IMO.

The biggest threat to the Jets is if they blitz Ben they better wrap him up, he evades the rush and keeps plays alive as good as any QB. I dont think the Steelers will be able to run the ball very well so I expect Ben to throw it a lot. They have to get Ben on the ground when they have the opportunity. If they can sack Ben at least 4 times they will have an excellent chance at winning this game.
    I hate it when he does that each and EVERY time the Jets seemingly have him dead-to-rights and wrap him up for an apparent sack, he either twists out of the way or just doesn't go down and instead throws a pass that is ALWAYS completed for a 1st down.

Jets better try stripping the ball from him....that's the best way to stop him. Can't tackle him? TACKLE THE BALL!

Surprised Haley wasn't left in London, Visa problems or something. I don't think Big Ben(d them over with or without concent) can wiggle free from Mo Shell Snacks and crew.

Jets Insider VIP

Cromartie better not let Antonio Brown get in front of him either.

He's the only guy on that offense that scares me.

Only guy on the entire team, really.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Cromartie better not let Antonio Brown get in front of him either.

He's the only guy on that offense that scares me.

Only guy on the entire team, really.
    Miller as well. He has killed the Jets in the past.

Our gameplan needs to be very similar to what we did Monday, especially on defense: rush 4 and drop 6 in coverage. Sanders and brown are both quick and fast and we tend to matchup poorly with guys like that.

Plus Rothlisbergers mobility in the pocket usually allows for some big plays against our defense.

Offensively I hope we stick to the slants, screens and play action passes as the Pitts CBs aren't great and we will need to get up around 28 points to win this game.

Practice Squad
    Just read one of the predictions on a steeler forum. 34-14 Steelers. Um...no.

That's the only part that worries me the most. And thats just asking for PI on our corners too when the play breaks down.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post

I agree the biggest matchup is our Dline vs the Pitt Oline. I was very dissapointed with our Dline in the atlanta game. Ryan was almost under no pressure the entire game. There were some splash plays, but not the consistent pressure we saw like in the NE game. We cannot let that happen against PIT. If you give Ben time he will find the open guy and make plays.

Our O vs their D should allow us to continue running the ball effectively. Limit the throws to 20-25 times and win the TOP battle to keep our defense fresh to avoid another 4rth quarter meltdown by our D.

The one thing that scares me is the bye week for PIT. 2+ weeks to try and correct some problems with the Oline and two bad performances from our Dline.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They are rested and have been in every game. We need a heavy dose of Powell, Goodson, and Ivory early on; followed by a few well schemed long passes. Don't give the Steelers field position. Make them earn every yard.
    Agreed, this is a classic trap game. We cannot turn the ball over early and play from behind in the score. That would fall right into Lebeau's hands with his blitzing scheme. We cannot repeat Tenn by turning it over early and letting their D tee off.

Best thing we can do is run the ball and keep their D off balance like we did against ATL with pistol, wildcat, shotgun runs, screens, quick screens, and max protection in obvious passing downs. I loved the 3 back sets and our 2 minute offense on Monday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Miller as well. He has killed the Jets in the past.
    I think if we use the same gameplan against Heath that we used with Gonzo, we can almost completely eliminate him for the game.

Miller is a damn good, all-around TE but he isn't nearly as explosive or the type of athlete that Tony is even at 37 years old.

Have Harris and Davis put hands on him all day.

As I have said, this game has emotional letdown written all over it.
    Steelers are coming off a bye so they will be ready.
    In the regular season, the Jets have won the last two games (postseason, they lose the AFC Championship game, coincidently also mainly because of an emotional letdown from New England the week before.)

I think the Jets can beat the Steelers, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost this game, because of the emotional letdown.

Not sure if the Jets are good enuf to have a trap game. Plus Vegas has the Steelers as favs?!?!? REALLY but this is a very winnable game

Quote Originally Posted by Xmarco View Post
    Not sure if the Jets are good enuf to have a trap game. Plus Vegas has the Steelers as favs?!?!? REALLY but this is a very winnable game
    They were -3 faves Sunday night. Yes, Sunday night.