Thread: From A Steeler Message Board

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

From A Steeler Message Board

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ating-the-Jets

First Post:

Cant See Us Beating the Jets

After watching the game last night, I cant see us beatinv the Jets. That defensive front is stout. It dosent look like we will have much success running on them. And we all know we struggle in pass protection. I wish I could say otherwize, but this could be a loooong day for the Steeler offense.

We need to create some turnovers in this game to win. If the defense cant force a turnover we are in big trouble. Im sure we all pencilled in this game as a win at the begining of the season. Now Its far from a sure thing. I give Rex Ryan a ton of credit for being competitive with a terrible roster. Thats what a good coach is able to do.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

First Post:

After watching the game last night, I cant see us beatinv the Jets. That defensive front is stout. It dosent look like we will have much success running on them. And we all know we struggle in pass protection. I wish I could say otherwize, but this could be a loooong day for the Steeler offense.

We need to create some turnovers in this game to win. If the defense cant force a turnover we are in big trouble. Im sure we all pencilled in this game as a win at the begining of the season. Now Its far from a sure thing. I give Rex Ryan a ton of credit for being competitive with a terrible roster. Thats what a good coach is able to do.
    He's obviously a SOSF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    He's obviously a SOSF.
    LMAO.... What he wrote is probably on the board of at leat half the teams boards.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The roster Rex works with has 6 first rounders. It is MM that is making the lemonade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

First Post:

Terrible roster is not accurate, except at WR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The roster Rex works with has 6 first rounders. It is MM that is making the lemonade.
    Or chicken salad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many 1st rounders on offense?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He's obviously a SOSF.
    LOL! Very good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's obviously a SOSF.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    How many 1st rounders on offense?
    3 on the OL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's obviously a SOSF.
    Unfortunately I know way too many Steelers fans and they are calling for "bubble screen" Haleys head. Many also want Tomlin gone, and with Labeau set too retire soon they are in a world of shyt.

Not too mention all of their recently unimpressive drafts, their cap hell.....this is a basement team this year.

A good Steeler friend of mine mentioned BigBen will fain injury again during this game. I call BS, but I thought I would put it out there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

First Post:

Can we trade an SOJF for this guy?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau is known for his success against rookie quarterbacks. In LeBeau's defensive coordinator stint with the Steelers, he's 16-2 against rookies.
    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...view-odds-line

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    defensive scout team better work on some zone blitzes...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    3 on the OL
    Don't forget Sanchez, Quinn, Winslow, and Holmes. 2nd rounders Hill, Geno, and Vlad. Why does it matter what round they're drafted in is my point. If you're talking about pro bowl caliber players I understand that. We have a lot of talent on Defense. We have quite a bit on offense too, but it's been hidden by poor coaching. Rex turns these players on D from good to great. Can't take that away from him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's obviously a SOSF.
    Yes, he must be. He doesn't swallow like SOLD OUT Steelers fans are supposed to do. He also does not wear his Steelers Police directed Yellow sunglasses. He also doesn't drink his lemonade. I guess he doesn't want to because he knows the SP pissed in a cup and called it lemonade?
    Last edited by Mainejet; 10-09-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's also never dealt with such a lack of overall/declining talent. Not to mention their Oline is terrible at just about every position.

LaBeau is an amazing coach but he can't make up for a terrible roster and blown draft picks.

Just think about this....during Wilks draft year it came down to either Mo or Cameron Heyward. By most it was considered a flip of the coin. We picked Mo at 30 and Heyward went the next pick. Guess how that has turned out? The Steelers best Dlineman is still Keisel.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many rookies are on that d

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    He's also never dealt with such a lack of overall/declining talent. Not to mention their Oline is terrible at just about every position.

LaBeau is an amazing coach but he can't make up for a terrible roster and blown draft picks.

Just think about this....during Wilks draft year it came down to either Mo or Cameron Heyward. By most it was considered a flip of the coin. We picked Mo at 30 and Heyward went the next pick. Guess how that has turned out? The Steelers best Dlineman is still Keisel.
    He still scares me. Best DC in the league IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    DON'T READ THOSE POSTS!!! IT'S A TRAP!!!

First Post: