Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Total Bull$%!*

  1. #21
    The entire house of Represenatives passed a bill to cover the expense no but Obama shifts it out to a charity organization at what cost?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Layman's terms my friend. I was referring to those in the Tea Party. That movement was part of what led to the Reps getting the majority back in the House. So that majority was gained b.c of opposition to the ACA.

    I don't think it is stopping either. And gov't is not going to ever get smaller either. We are on a one-way trip. The only thing Congress can do is decide how slow the death will be.
    I think it may be time for some to understand that the U.S. is inexoriably moving towards a Euro-style Social Welfare State type system.

    Not because the (D) want it. But because the people seem to want it, in the majority.

    I think those folks are nuts frankly, but there is no doubt in my mind that 50%+ of Americans would trade the current U.S. system and their Rights to get a U.K. style or German style Socialist-Welfare State.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I think it may be time for some to understand that the U.S. is inexoriably moving towards a Euro-style Social Welfare State type system.

    Not because the (D) want it. But because the people seem to want it, in the majority.

    I think those folks are nuts frankly, but there is no doubt in my mind that 50%+ of Americans would trade the current U.S. system and their Rights to get a U.K. style or German style Socialist-Welfare State.
    I agree. Which is why I really do not think the Reps will be winning many national elections anymore.

    I have made the point before about the irony of this considering that this country was founded by people looking to get away from the European model. I know the 1700s European model is much different that today's but it is still interesting to me. What is worse is that we have proof of what the endgame looks like and yet the people still want it.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree. Which is why I really do not think the Reps will be winning many national elections anymore.

    I have made the point before about the irony of this considering that this country was founded by people looking to get away from the European model. I know the 1700s European model is much different that today's but it is still interesting to me. What is worse is that we have proof of what the endgame looks like and yet the people still want it.
    (R) has an intrinsic weakness.

    Most people are not rich. Most people, when offered "free stuff" that the State will pay for by taking from "the rich", they'll say "yes please".

    The loss of individual liberty is never noticed till too late, as the Collectivists have become bloody brilliant at the use of language and argument designed for those same "not rich" folks.

    That, and frankly, individual rights aren't seen as vital today as then, when it's a choice between hard work + rights vs. free handouts - some "minor" rights.

    They'll be a rude awakening eventually, of course, because power like that always ends up the same way. But the message is so well crafted now, it's going to be a long, long time IMO till the general populace wakes to it. If ever.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    (R) has an intrinsic weakness.

    Most people are not rich. Most people, when offered "free stuff" that the State will pay for by taking from "the rich", they'll say "yes please".

    The loss of individual liberty is never noticed till too late, as the Collectivists have become bloody brilliant at the use of language and argument designed for those same "not rich" folks.

    That, and frankly, individual rights aren't seen as vital today as then, when it's a choice between hard work + rights vs. free handouts - some "minor" rights.

    They'll be a rude awakening eventually, of course, because power like that always ends up the same way. But the message is so well crafted now, it's going to be a long, long time IMO till the general populace wakes to it. If ever.
    As my article about Obamacare pointed out yesterday though many people that don't consider themselves rich as still being taken for a ride to for for those "freebies".

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    As my article about Obamacare pointed out yesterday though many people that don't consider themselves rich as still being taken for a ride to for for those "freebies".
    And?

    They're still a minority of voters, of which only a minority of them will care (as opposed to shrug), of which only a minority of THEM will be politicially aware and active and angry enough to work against it.

    Face it, the ACA became just like Social Security and Medicare the second Obama signed it. It will never, ever, go away, and it will only ever be expanded, enlarged, or replaced with a State-Run Single-Payer System.

    All this current drama is sound and fury, signifying nothing. In the end, the ACA is here. We'll be dealing with it for the rest of our lives.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I think it may be time for some to understand that the U.S. is inexoriably moving towards a Euro-style Social Welfare State type system.
    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Not because the (D) want it. But because the people seem to want it, in the majority.
    Disagree. (D) wants what (R) wants. The lifetime benefits that go with election and power to satiate their extreme egos. A few bucks along the way don't hurt.

    The people on the other hand? Sure, so want Euro-style socialism. But I guarantee you that a majority of D support comes not from that group, but from people let others do their thinking for them and fall right in line with divide-and-conquer politics. They fear criticism as much as they fear knowledge. As a result, they have no grasp of the real consequences of their actions. They have not a clue what they give up with each passing election.

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I think those folks are nuts frankly, but there is no doubt in my mind that 50%+ of Americans would trade the current U.S. system and their Rights to get a U.K. style or German style Socialist-Welfare State.
    And I guarantee you that more than half of the people in this country do not and will regret it all very soon once they realize what has happened.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    (R) has an intrinsic weakness.

    Most people are not rich. Most people, when offered "free stuff" that the State will pay for by taking from "the rich", they'll say "yes please".

    The loss of individual liberty is never noticed till too late, as the Collectivists have become bloody brilliant at the use of language and argument designed for those same "not rich" folks.

    That, and frankly, individual rights aren't seen as vital today as then, when it's a choice between hard work + rights vs. free handouts - some "minor" rights.

    They'll be a rude awakening eventually, of course, because power like that always ends up the same way. But the message is so well crafted now, it's going to be a long, long time IMO till the general populace wakes to it. If ever.
    excellent post, but people are already starting to see the Big Lie of "You can keep your existing health care". The middle class (what's left of it) will start to ***** and moan about subsidizing the poor and habitually sick.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us