Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kiper: NFL Rookie RankingsAfter Week 5, Sheldon Richardson leads a deep class of good

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kept wishing the Jets would take Alonzo, he was one of the best players the Ducks ever had. Well. Can't win them all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Kept wishing the Jets would take Alonzo, he was one of the best players the Ducks ever had. Well. Can't win them all.
    Alonzo is looking beastly, but I'm happy with our MLBs right now. If we decide next year to draft one to eventually take over for Harris I'd love to grab Denzel Perryman from Miami or Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    Alonzo is looking beastly, but I'm happy with our MLBs right now. If we decide next year to draft one to eventually take over for Harris I'd love to grab Denzel Perryman from Miami or Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky.
    The Name Andrew Jackson alone will put fear in teams... Especially the Redskins and Chiefs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    The Name Andrew Jackson alone will put fear in teams... Especially the Redskins and Chiefs.
    Haha for sure. People should check him out. The kid is a thumper and has had some of his best games against tough competition.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good 1st draft by idzik, honestly the entire off-season was performed masterfully by the new GM. the draft produced instant starters and many of the free agents are contributing in big ways. Hell even Rex seems to have bought into his mantra

For the first time the jets have a legitimate GM and Im excited to see what he does with the large cap space next off-season. Having a quality front office is just as important as anything in terms of winning, I'm liking how the jets New one has started.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    its early but the draft class is looking good so far..and we havent even gotten anything out of Dee yet

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I've watched just about every game they've played, he's doing nothing. He fell into a sack and has a handful of tackles in 5 games.

I'm thinking they expect a whole lot more than they've gotten out of him so far after all they went through and gave up to get him. There's too many defensive players that are really playing well that were picked a lot lower
    On the money JN 1 sack 5 tackles..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been very happy with Idzik's first draft class.

Sheldon Richardson is going to be a very special impact player. An exceptional Beast among Beasts.

Geno is showing us that he has the tools and the demeanor to be NYJ QB for a long time. A steal as a #2 pick!

Milliner will be fine as a solid cover corner. The offseason surgery definitely set him back. Once he gets healthy and starts getting steady reps...he will eventually end up being the Jets #1 corner for years.

Winters has started off slowly due to injuries. But had a good game in his first start against Falcons on MNF win. Like Colon...he has a nasty disposition. A much needed quality for this OL.

Aboushi...could be a future starter. But for now...can offer depth as a swing man for OG/OT positions.

Campbell is a low risk potentially high reward project player for the OL.

Bohannon has good versatility for fullback-H back positions. He's a blocker with good pass catching skills that MM will effectively utilize in his WCO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked SR after I saw his first press interview. The guy is a breath of fresh air and his play on the field is just as good!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I want to know what dumbass is sending emails to Kiper about why the Jets didn't take Austin, when he was taken before they had a chance to, and wound up taking the consensus #1 QB in this year's draft anyway in the 2nd round, but was questioned why they didn't take a QB in the first round?
    I thought the same thing.

If mouth-breathing fans ran the draft for the Jets, we apparently would have traded our 2nd and 3rd, and a 2014 pick to move from #9 to #7 and taken Austin in an act of sheer clairvoyance, then drafted Geno at 13. No Richardson, no Winters, no Milliner. Somehow they prefer this scenario to what actually happened.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    I've been very happy with Idzik's first draft class.

Sheldon Richardson is going to be a very special impact player. An exceptional Beast among Beasts.

Geno is showing us that he has the tools and the demeanor to be NYJ QB for a long time. A steal as a #2 pick!

Milliner will be fine as a solid cover corner. The offseason surgery definitely set him back. Once he gets healthy and starts getting steady reps...he will eventually end up being the Jets #1 corner for years.

Winters has started off slowly due to injuries. But had a good game in his first start against Falcons on MNF win. Like Colon...he has a nasty disposition. A much needed quality for this OL.

Aboushi...could be a future starter. But for now...can offer depth as a swing man for OG/OT positions.

Campbell is a low risk potentially high reward project player for the OL.

Bohannon has good versatility for fullback-H back positions. He's a blocker with good pass catching skills that MM will effectively utilize in his WCO.
    The Aboushi pick was ok I suppose, the Campbell pick was really really questionable. There were some decent-upside WR's we could have taken a flier on in the 6th. No need to take a guy who needs a position change just to become a JAG.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I liked SR after I saw his first press interview. The guy is a breath of fresh air and his play on the field is just as good!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free
    Yup, have to admit that when i first heard his name called I was little stunned. Then I heard him talk and I immediately fell in love with the kid. Has been a steal and playing like a pro bowler already.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    this guy is so full of **** its amazing, i recall distinctly on draft day where he said that Richardson was a quality pick HOWEVER he could not understand what they were doing and how the TE from ND made all the sense. Yeah, your heard your own questions you dirt bag.

I gave the Jets a good grade in my 2013 NFL draft grades, but I heard a lot of questions about their strategy. People asked about things such as why no quarterback was taken in Round 1, why there was no skill-position talent like WR Tavon Austin (who was drafted by the Rams), and why no new tight end was selected. My conclusion was, "I still think they deserve a pretty good grade for hitting a few big needs. Now, they need to be patient with QB Geno Smith."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Geno turns into a top 10 QB and everyone else was a bust I would be happy. Everything else is just gravy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    It's so refreshing to have Jets rookies once again mentioned in this conversation. It's been way too long since they've had a rookie make a splash.
    Brick and Mangoold were pretty specIAL RIGHT AWAY. That is history I suppose.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    this guy is so full of **** its amazing, i recall distinctly on draft day where he said that Richardson was a quality pick HOWEVER he could not understand what they were doing and how the TE from ND made all the sense. Yeah, your heard your own questions you dirt bag.
    No actually you must of misunderstood him. He said that Richardson is a great player and value at that spot.. He only questioned the Jets passing on the TE for a position that wasn't of need (At the time he and I both assumed Richardson was gonna be a DT)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Just out of curiosity how is dion jordan doing? I dont see him on this list nor heard his name much.. Has anyone watched Miami play?
    Jordan got 9 snaps last week. It seems he is being benched on obvious running plays for....wait for it.....Jason Trusnick. Name sound familiar? He is an UDFA that we traded to Cleveland as part of the Braylon Edwards trade. LOL Miami.

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showt...aps-last-night

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty good for a glorified expansion team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Jordan got 9 snaps last week. It seems he is being benched on obvious running plays for....wait for it.....Jason Trusnick. Name sound familiar? He is an UDFA that we traded to Cleveland as part of the Braylon Edwards trade. LOL Miami.

http://www.thephins.com/forums/showt...aps-last-night
    Jordan better put some weight on fast, he's looking like another Maybin.