Thread: David Price

David Price

Would he be a good fit for the Mets?

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Would he be a good fit for the Mets?
    the mets need to spend on position players, they probably have some of the best up and coming pitching prospects in all of baseball. Assuming MH comes back in 2015...he will be joined by JN, ZW, DG, and probably NS in the rotation.

Very true especially some hitters, but another pitcher depending on the asking price doesn't hurt.

Veteran
    Yankees need him more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mets are DEEP on pitching prospects. Would take too much to get him. I do think the Rays will have to trade him though

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Yankees need him more.
    I'd bet the farm Tampa isn't trading him to the Yankees.

If I'm the Rays I demand Matt Harvey in the package or the Mets can go bugger off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If I'm the Rays I demand Matt Harvey in the package or the Mets can go bugger off.
    What the heck is the point in trading your #1 Ace for another teams ' number 1 Ace?

All League
    If you were the Rays, you would get laughed at, then hung up on.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    If you were the Rays, you would get laughed at, then hung up on.
    Whatever homer. If the Rays trade a top 3 pitcher who's still young for a couple scrub minor leaguers in the Mets system they would get laughed at. This isn't Johan Santana past his prime and no longer garnering interest from the Yankees or Red Sox this is David Price he is still young and arguably not in his prime yet. Rays have no business dealing him to the Mets for scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    What the heck is the point in trading your #1 Ace for another teams ' number 1 Ace?
    Price is better than Harvey and won't be coming off Tommy John surgery.

All League
    Whatever homer. If the Rays trade a top 3 pitcher who's still young for a couple scrub minor leaguers in the Mets system they would get laughed at. This isn't Johan Santana past his prime and no longer garnering interest from the Yankees or Red Sox this is David Price he is still young and arguably not in his prime yet. Rays have no business dealing him to the Mets for scrubs.
    Well I am not a Mets fan, so not sure where homer comes into play. It seems you know less about baseball then you do football.

I will say you are right, Rays won't trade him for scrubs. The Mets also won't trade Matt Harvey for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Price is better than Harvey and won't be coming off Tommy John surgery.
    Pitchers come back better after tommy john. And that is an unfair conclusion. Harvey was pitvhing among the best in the game last year