Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pats Gronkowski, "Serious concern" about integrity of bone in forearm

Rookie
    I agree with McGinley.

If the Jets or Giants make the playoffs this season, Rex or Tom should get Coach of the Year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Could be worse, Gronk could be playing an average of 3 games a season.
    Fixed

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Not GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Don't understand why the Pats hired Gill as the team doctor. This guy was fired by the Sox for being a lousy doctor with questionable decisions.
    That is kinda shocking, I did not know Gill's professional history. If I was Gronk ... [laugh track] ... I would have had Andrews do the surgery. Rushing the process with an implant just seems stupid to me (while may be normal procedure with the NFL), I think the smarter move is tell the team to go to hell and heal naturally (slower), the right way and to hell with wins and losses. - Robert Kraft will not be at his bedside when Gronk cannot get out of bed at 50 years of age.

Young gifted athletes who think they are invincible need to be protected from their own misplaced aura of immortality... " I will play through this and be the ultimate team player"

Players of Gronk's talent enrich the game, the medical care should lean on the conservative side when returning from injuries.

I think the NFL should increase the team rosters and cut down on players continuing to play while hurt - It seems obvious that it leads to retired NFL players having worse chronic pain. Would the game quality suffer somewhat with larger rosters and players healing more completely before returning ? So what if players can lead healthier lives in retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Pats fans patrol a Jets board to defend their butt buddies in one of the shadiest franchises in all of sports as if anyone here gives a ****......*pastsfans.com must be a ****ty forum
    Someone here obviously gives a ****..... or this thread wouldn't be so popular.

I can't speak for all Pats fans, but it'll be interesting to see how Kellen Winslow's suspension for PEDs will be handled here after seeing a Pats TE get accused without ever having failed a test. The backpedaling by some of you will be interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post

I can't speak for all Pats fans, but it'll be interesting to see how Kellen Winslow's suspension for PEDs will be handled here after seeing a Pats TE get accused without ever having failed a test. The backpedaling by some of you will be interesting to watch.
    Winslow was a part-time player, he probably took something to help him deal with his chronic knee, he was not a fixture in the offense, you're reaching for something that isn't there.

Hell,it makes the Sudfeld pick-up that much better, he'll get a good opportunity, and Winslow will be back for the 2nd half of the season. No really that much of a big deal, or is there anything to backpedal from.

What does remain, is Gronkowski's season in doubt, there are now reports coming out that Gronk had a setback with his arm, and NFL network reported he is out indefinitely.

But it's fun watching Pats fans spin this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Winslow was a part-time player, he probably took something to help him deal with his chronic knee, he was not a fixture in the offense, you're reaching for something that isn't there.

Hell,it makes the Sudfeld pick-up that much better, he'll get a good opportunity, and Winslow will be back for the 2nd half of the season. No really that much of a big deal, or is there anything to backpedal from.

What does remain, is Gronkowski's season in doubt, there are now reports coming out that Gronk had a setback with his arm, and NFL network reported he is out indefinitely.

But it's fun watching Pats fans spin this.
    C'mon now R19. If the situation were reversed and Pats fans were accusing an injured Jets TE of PED use, only to have one of our own TEs get suspended for actual PED use immediately after, you'd be all over it in a New York Minute. Stop kidding yourself.

Those who are reaching are those who are accusing Gronk of PED use, especially in a thread which provides an article that clearly states that it is the team that messed up.

Sudfeld has zero to do with Gronk. If the Pats really wanted Sudfeld they would have protected him. It's not like their loaded with TEs even with Gronk.

One last thing... again. With what has happened to the Pats this season, it's a remarkable accomplishment for the Pats to be 4-1 right now, one game ahead of the field in the much improved AFCE. If they make the playoffs after all that has happened, then even a Jets fan like yourself couldn't deny the greatness of Belichick.

Spin that kid.
    Last edited by Pats1960; 10-12-2013 at 08:01 AM.

All Pro

Really? We signed him as a FA this season. I don't remember who's team he was on last year. He's a veteran that never tested positive his whole career which is why their are no details on what he tested positive for. He certainly doesn't look, or act like a roid head. Gronk on the other hand is a well known freak, who wants to be in the WWE. I hear he'll be back soon. This time it's for reals. OH yeah let's not forget about your other super star TE. When's he coming back?

All Pro
    C'mon now R19. If the situation were reversed and Pats fans were accusing an injured Jets TE of PED use, only to have one of our own TEs get suspended for actual PED use immediately after, you'd be all over it in a New York Minute. Stop kidding yourself.

Those who are reaching are those who are accusing Gronk of PED use, especially in a thread which provides an article that clearly states that it is the team that messed up.

Sudfeld has zero to do with Gronk. If the Pats really wanted Sudfeld they would have protected him. It's not like their loaded with TEs even with Gronk.

One last thing... again. With what has happened to the Pats this season, it's a remarkable accomplishment for the Pats to be 4-1 right now, one game ahead of the field in the much improved AFCE. If they make the playoffs after all that has happened, then even a Jets fan like yourself couldn't deny the greatness of Belichick.

Spin that kid.
    Tom Brady completion % of 56%.

It's a good thing you don't speak for all Pats fans. They might be very angry at how stupid you make them sound.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

is he playing next week against the JETS is all I am worried about right now,

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    is he playing next week against the JETS is all I am worried about right now,
    I'm sure there will be plenty of helmets to the forearm if he does play so if they put him in before he's really ready that's a risk they're taking.

The thing about the Pats is they will get their 10 or 11 wins this year with Brady throwing to scrubs in regular season games but in the playoffs they are going to face a good defense and get popped.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    As much as I hate the Patriots it's sad to see someone so talented constantly injured. I wouldn't be shocked if he onlyplays a handful of games the rest of his career.
    If your statement [bolded portion] becomes true, how sad; very sad indeed. Now, please excuse me as I shed a few tears and prayers for Gronk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    It's a good thing you don't speak for all Pats fans. They might be very angry at how stupid you make them sound.
    Agreed. The reason all of this matters is that the Media created this totally fake image of this awful franchise based around the Patriot Way mythology. Now we see what's really at the rotten core here when it comes to the Pats* two headed monster. One is a murderer and the other's career is in doubt because of Kraft and Belly's short sighted selfishness. Ask Ted Johnson if you don't believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Agreed. The reason all of this matters is that the Media created this totally fake image of this awful franchise based around the Patriot Way mythology. Now we see what's really at the rotten core here when it comes to the Pats* two headed monster. One is a murderer and the other's career is in doubt because of Kraft and Belly's short sighted selfishness. Ask Ted Johnson if you don't believe me.
    I just left Ted a voicemail:

"Ted, it's AFCEastFan. Is it true that Aaron Hernandez is a murderer and Gronk's career is in doubt because of Kraft and Belichick's short-sighted selfishness? Give me a call back at 617-xxx-xxx. Look forward to hearing from you."

I'll let you know what I hear back.

All Pro

Can't speak for all of my jet brethren but no backpedaling from me.....I think the actual number of people who use PED's is a lot higher than we all imagine......Roids is far deeper issue than a chowd vs jet fan pissing contest....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The thing about the Pats is they will get their 10 or 11 wins this year with Brady throwing to scrubs in regular season games but in the playoffs they are going to face a good defense and get popped.

rinse and repeat....

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    rinse and repeat....
    It's good to face an easy out in the playoffs... Patrishlts are like the Bengals of the last decade. Automatic out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    It's good to face an easy out in the playoffs... Patrishlts are like the Bengals of the last decade. Automatic out.
    Which is why they made it to the Super Bowl and the AFCCG in the last two seasons, just like the Bengals. Yup, good call there.

Hindsight is 20/20, the team's doctors and Gronkowski made a calculated choice to operate that ended up being the wrong call. Teams aren't stupid, there's millions riding on players of Gronk's caliber so no matter how you want to paint it as some sort of eville Belichick scheme no football team is going to play fast and loose with a guy they've dumped as much money on as Gronk. They made a choice, ended up being the wrong one but the gleeful posts about Gronk's career being over are wishful thinking.