Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Geno Stat from Gil Brandt

Interesting Geno Stat from Gil Brandt

Apparently Brandt loves Geno, Alex Marvez calles Geno "your guy" to Gil.

So Gil says that over the last 3 games (yes excluding the NE game) Geno is #1 in the NFL for 4th quarter QB rating at 148.

Small sample but really encouraging

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

So Gil says that over the last 3 games (yes excluding the NE game) Geno is #1 in the NFL for 4th quarter QB rating at 148.

Gil Brandt is a smart man.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Gil Brandt is a smart man.
    Except when he doesn't take his meds and forgets what century it is. Most the time though he is extremely knowledgeable.

Veteran
    Something tells me Geno Smith is going to be beyond stats.

He also has the highest completion percentage on throws 15+ yards down field. 24 such completions.

That includes two come from behind last minute victories,
    Geno thrives when he takes over for bonehead MM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

Sanchez had similar "interesting" stats about this or that during his early tenure. It's not to say that Geno has earned his praise, but I want to see him continue to make the players around him BETTER, rather than just be a function of how good players are playing around him. That was always Sanchez's calling card, and ultimately, his demise.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sanchez had similar "interesting" stats about this or that during his early tenure. It's not to say that Geno has earned his praise, but I want to see him continue to make the players around him BETTER, rather than just be a function of how good players are playing around him. That was always Sanchez's calling card, and ultimately, his demise.
    I sure don't remember those types of stats about Sanchez.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I sure don't remember those types of stats about Sanchez.
    Oh c'mon. He had his own early "accolades". Whether it was Post-season this or that, or what have you. but there was promising pieces about Sanchez early in his career. But he never elevated the offense on his own. Not often enough anyway.

All League
    The next time he's a function of how well his supporting cast is playing, it will be the first.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    The next time he's a function of how well his supporting cast is playing, it will be the first.
    Agreed

All League
    Good stuff. Excited about the progress and potential Geno has shown earlier on......if he can continue working with MM on his game, we may finally have a longterm answer at both the QB and OC positions.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Geno has something Sanchez never established.......leadership and confidence....Sanchez just seemed like he just did what he was told not to mess it up...Geno takes more command like a field general.....kind of like Chad he has some fire in him...that killer instinct..ive like Sanchez but he never screamed "im the leader" Geno has that...

Quote Originally Posted by Intellifan View Post
    Takes over for MM?

Are you being a moron on purpose?

Oh c'mon. He had his own early "accolades". Whether it was Post-season this or that, or what have you. but there was promising pieces about Sanchez early in his career. But he never elevated the offense on his own. Not often enough anyway.
    The only teams Sanchez led "comebacks" against were bottom feeders, and the only reason a "comeback was needed was because he couldn't put up any points in the 1st Half, as usual. He also had better skill position players. As soon as Sanchez was asked to put the team on his shoulders, with some of the skill guys left he totally sh*ts the bed.

When asked to do it with basically the same guys Geno Smith just put up 30 points in Atlanta with he looked worse than lots of High School QB's.

I understand you referencing the cherry-picking of stats as being no good, and I somewhat agree with you. But if you want to dig a little deeper into Sanchez' fans beloved "4 Play-off Wins".....well 3 of the 4 he threw for LESS THAN 200 YARDS. The guy hit 60% of his passes that were "passes in the backfield"..only 60%, throwing to guys with NO defenders hahaha....the rest barely over 50%, in a League where now no receiver can be touched.

I'm trying not to get overjoyed at Geno Smith being the Jets new QB....but I'm finding it tough not to. All the physical attributes are there. Beautiful Deep Ball, touch on the short passes, able to scramble when need be. The biggest open question is how his Reads will be when they get more film on him, but that's fine now since he's a Rookie.

Sanchez, with the same cast of characters, totally healthy, losses to Matt Ryan down in Atlanta (what is Ryan at Home, about 45-3? Prior to Geno) by at least 21 Points.

I don't think you can even make a comparison between Smith and Sanchez.

I remember saying to my friend after Sanchez' 1st ever Pro game in Houston, and I admit it was a good one (I really rooted for Sanchez, wanted him to be great, but then it was easy to see how totally inept he was), "Hey, he looks a little small back there, don't you think? They list him at 6'2"...but I don't know"..then I'd lie to myself, Nah he's what they say he is. Then another question,"Hey you really think he has a strong arm?"...then I'd lie to myself, the scouts say he "can make ALL the throws, so his arm must be strong (even though it really doesn't look that strong).

I have none of those questions about Geno Smith

All Pro
    We all knew MM was gonna pass too much, it's his track record for years. If he's a bonehead, what were hackett, schotty and sparano?

Lol u think Geno is held back by MM? Ahahahhahaha ... Clueless

Clearly your nickname is an oxymoron ... Whith an emphasis on moron.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by pdxjets View Post
    Something tells me Geno Smith is going to be beyond stats.
    According to this site, Chuck Norris wears Geno Smith T-shirts . . .

So if Geno leads this team to the afccg this year are you going to say, "let's not get excited, Sanchez did the same thing"?
    Why can't people enjoy what Geno is doing without worrying that he will somehow turn into Sanchez.