Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Peterson

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Adrian Peterson

Had an interesting conversation with the sopne regarding the tragic murder of his little boy.

The sopne is 16 and a huge sports nerd. He and a friend were discussing whether Peterson would miss a start etc.

The sopne says when he sets foot on a football field again, it will be one of the most emotional, dramatic moments in sports in a long time;

Now this is where I'd like input into whether I was a d*ck...

I told him while Peterson must be devastated etc.....he is no hero in this, in fact he fathered this kid, never married the mother, has kids with other women etc.

I told the sopne Peterson was partially responsible for the childs death by beginning a journey for his child he was unwilling to guide him along on, leaving the child alone with a stressed out woman of questionable judgment.

His failure to be there for a child he fathered began the all too familiar cycle of a single mother shacking up with a sh*head who, when left with the child, and having no parental interest...lost his shyte when the child acted up like all kids do.

Now, my sopne was a little sullen and pretty much rolled his eyes at my response....and it made me think that perhaps I got a little to "cane shaking" about the whole thing.

Thoughts?

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 cane

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee, a sullen 16 year old. That's like Bigfoot and the loch ness monster rolled into one.

You were right. Does sopne remember Brett Favre's epic game right after his father died? That's more along the lines of what he thought should be a dramatic sports moment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Had an interesting conversation with the sopne regarding the tragic murder of his little boy.

The sopne is 16 and a huge sports nerd. He and a friend were discussing whether Peterson would miss a start etc.

The sopne says when he sets foot on a football field again, it will be one of the most emotional, dramatic moments in sports in a long time;

I told him while Peterson must be devastated etc.....he is no hero in this, in fact he fathered this kid, never married the mother, has kids with other women etc.

I told the sopne Peterson was partially responsible for the childs death by beginning a journey for his child he was unwilling to guide him along on, leaving the child alone with a stressed out woman of questionable judgment.

His failure to be there for a child he fathered began the all too familiar cycle of a single mother shacking up with a sh*head who, when left with the child, and having no parental interest...lost his shyte when the child acted up like all kids do.

Now, my sopne was a little sullen and pretty much rolled his eyes at my response....and it made me think that perhaps I got a little to "cane shaking" about the whole thing.

Thoughts?

-

lolz...

Said pretty much the same thing to Betsy last nite. She said "well maybe Adrian had his son with his mom because of traveling for the NFL"... I said that it didn't matter, he ultimatly let his kid down. Sucks but true.

She didn't speak to me for a couple hours, lol...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts?

-
    Only part I would question is in bold. Even though in this case it might be true, a lot of professional athletes are not home with their kids even if they are married to their moms. The biggest issue is having kids out of wedlock multiple times. Unfortunately AP's kid was just one of 70% of AA children born out of wedlock.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    +1 cane
    Damn you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Gee, a sullen 16 year old. That's like Bigfoot and the loch ness monster rolled into one.

You were right. Does sopne remember Brett Favre's epic game right after his father died? That's more along the lines of what he thought should be a dramatic sports moment.
    Lol, I dont blame him for being "sullen", I was a miserable prick at his age too. He's actually a great kid even if he thinks he knows everything already. Kids his age in his school are already drinkin/druggen/crashing cars/ screwing....he seems to be avoiding that scene.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    lolz...

Said pretty much the same thing to Betsy last nite. She said "well maybe Adrian had his son with his mom because of traveling for the NFL"... I said that it didn't matter, he ultimatly let his kid down. Sucks but true.

She didn't speak to me for a couple hours, lol...
    Isnt it amazing the low threshold of crap it takes to make a chick get mad and clam up?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is so many black children born out of wedlock. As we can see in this case, that is not exclusive to urban areas and the poor.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any man who brings a child into this world is responsible to be there to raise and guide that child to adulthood. It's a sad comment on our nation as a whole that we find it acceptable to allow so many cases of
    "Babies Moms" as a normal practice.
    Sadder still is the African American community where this is too often looked upon as some kind of badge of manhood. I often wonder what Malcolm X or Dr King fought and died for when the community still thinks in these types of terms. Where are the moral leaders who can challenge folks to give the next generation a fair shot at the American dream, what's left of it anyway. If every child was treated as a precious gift and raised as such, what heights and contributions could that community of Americans bring to this nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This country as a whole has lost a moral compass, but unfortunately it has hit the African American like a bowling ball.
    We are seeing it the school system where these children don't seen to care about an education and just continue a downward spiral and who knows where it will end. But this country better come to grips with the entitlements which seem to feed this behavior. The African American family needs to be fixed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with you and I don't think you were too harsh. AP has three kids with three different women and hadn't met this son until the other day on life support if reports are accurate. So yes he is partially responsible along with the mother for bringing a kid into the world in a tough situation. Doesn't take away from the heinous nature of this murder but I think you were on point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a bigger problem in the AA community...but "baby momma drama" isn't solely an epidemic in the inner cities. It's also in America's trailer parks....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's still a little young to get it. No worries, you sound like a good father. Little threat of him never getting it like the liberals of America
    Last edited by JetPotato; 10-12-2013 at 02:29 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not one lib here ^^^^ said anything about the mother's responsibility in this terrible situation. Figures!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Not one lib here ^^^^ said anything about the mother's responsibility in this terrible situation. Figures!
    Because....the dooshbag OP was referring to this event in context of the fathers role. Feel free to add your righteous (and correct ) commentary as regards the mamma's role.
    There's still room in the intheretens for more words.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    This country as a whole has lost a moral compass, but unfortunately it has hit the African American like a bowling ball.
    We are seeing it the school system where these children don't seen to care about an education and just continue a downward spiral and who knows where it will end. But this country better come to grips with the entitlements which seem to feed this behavior. The African American family needs to be fixed.
    Well said! The latent poison of liberalism still doing its magic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts?

-
    When I learned that Peterson, like so many of like him, have fathered other kids out of wedlock, I am with you 100 percent. I did not know this and thought of the many children of divorced parents etc... this could happen to anyone. BUT.... the behavior found in people so willing to bear kids but bear no real responsibility IMO increases the likelihood for a bad ending.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    I'm with you and I don't think you were too harsh. AP has three kids with three different women and hadn't met this son until the other day on life support if reports are accurate. So yes he is partially responsible along with the mother for bringing a kid into the world in a tough situation. Doesn't take away from the heinous nature of this murder but I think you were on point.
    He didin't even look remorse when talking on camera. He never met the kid??? Fukked up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts?

-
    personal responsibility? LOL

and from someone in pro sports?! ROFL Next you'll be lecturing Hollywood heroes on drug use and whatnot.

you're an old man living in another time.