Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adrian Peterson

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Nice filter, allowing one to ignore Russia, where strict gun control exists, as do many, many more murders than in the US. But hey, it "worked" in Australia.
    Because our society and government is far more like Russia than Australia - am-i-rite!?

Jets Insider VIP
    As a general rule of thumb, I've come to the conclusion that whenever I ask myself "was I being a dick?", I was being a dick.

Works also with starting sentences "not to be a dick.."

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    As a general rule of thumb, I've come to the conclusion that whenever I ask myself "was I being a dick?", I was being a dick.

I remember teaching my daughter that as she went through her "b1tchhood years" of 15 to 17. When you start a sentence with NO OFFENSE but..its probably offensive.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

You re-appear...to mock me? Et tu, Duke?

ANyhoo, everything I've read since the sopne and I's little talk about Peterson not being a "hero" has made him look even more like an irresponsible, heartless, sperm sprayer, so I actually feel fine about the points I made with the sopne and the way I made them.

I know he wanted to prove me wrong in the worst way and only found the same damning info I found, so he has been totally quiet about the issue, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You re-appear...to mock me? Et tu, Duke?

ANyhoo, everything I've read since the sopne and I's little talk about Peterson not being a "hero" has made him look even more like an irresponsible, heartless, sperm sprayer, so I actually feel fine about the points I made with the sopne and the way I made them.

I know he wanted to prove me wrong in the worst way and only found the same damning info I found, so he has been totally quiet about the issue, lol.
    You can't expect you teen boy to fathom the reality of being a father. It's really only once you become a parent do you truly understand everything your parents did for you while you rolled your eyes and took it all for granted.

+1 on Peterson.
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 10-20-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

which makes now exactly the right time to apply boot heel to neck and demand surrender. literally or figuratively I'll leave up to you.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

You can't expect you teen boy to fathom the reality of being a father. It's really only once you become a parent do you truly understand everything your parents did for you while you rolled your eyes and took it all for granted.

+1 on Peterson.
    Mebbe I cant, but if I ignore the subject whilst being the parent of a kid who is physically capable of knocking up chick's, I dont think I'm doing him or me any favors. While he might not grasp the nuances of all I'm saying, just the act of thinking about it and ruminating on AP's lifestyle and the consequences should serve as some sort of learning experience; At the very least, he understands how seriously I take the issue, something which AP's kids wont be exposed to...a cane shaking dad to guide and prod him along the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    which makes now exactly the right time to apply boot heel to neck and demand surrender. literally or figuratively I'll leave up to you.
    Ha ha...he's actually a good kid, he just buys into all the ESPN and media hype that glorifies these athletes.

The follow up story about yet another child with a dancer was gold for my argument!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Mebbe I cant, but if I ignore the subject whilst being the parent of a kid who is physically capable of knocking up chick's, I dont think I'm doing him or me any favors. While he might not grasp the nuances of all I'm saying, just the act of thinking about it and ruminating on AP's lifestyle and the consequences should serve as some sort of learning experience; At the very least, he understands how seriously I take the issue, something which AP's kids wont be exposed to...a cane shaking dad to guide and prod him along the right path.
    You're also laying the groundwork, as my dad did, for all of those "a-ha" moments in the future as he comes to realize you're not a complete idiot.
    Of course, you'll be in diapers before he tells you, but you'll have that to look forward to.

The most precious thing in life, is the birth of a child. But unfortunately that seems to be a lost idea.