Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead returns tonight

Jets Insider VIP

Walking Dead returns tonight

9:00 PM AMC

The only drama on TV that I give two sh*ts about.

Andrea is finally gone, so now I can truly enjoy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where's Carl?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Can't wait, been looking forward to this coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Where's Carl?
    Dead.

And the baby becomes a zombie! WTF?!

Jets Insider VIP
    Is this a new show?

LOL. Awesome!

So... just out of nowhere they have barns, horses, pigs, gardens, and supplies galore. Ok then!
    It seems like there's a season missing. And the roof... that was just ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and WTF with the weird psycho lady?! Disappointed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    So... just out of nowhere they have barns, horses, pigs, gardens, and supplies galore. Ok then!
    It seems like there's a season missing. And the roof... that was just ridiculous.

Oh yeah, and WTF with the weird psycho lady?! Disappointed.
    The improvements are because at least 6 months have passed. Do you think a few episodes about planting would have been worth it? I think it was ok for a 1st episode pf the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    The improvements are because at least 6 months have passed. Do you think a few episodes about planting would have been worth it? I think it was ok for a 1st episode pf the season.
    Planting? no.
    Live farm animals, yes.
    And that was just silly with the roof

All League
    IMO I think showing the farm and animals is foreshadowing possible that food can turn you into a walker?? as with the Harry Potter looking kid.

I think the pig, the bleeding eyes walker, and the nerdy kid are all leading up to some "normal" but aggressive non-zombie virus. Sanitation, medical attention, all that is lacking. Makes sense there's other things out there that will kill you - and then you come back. Another thing for them to have to deal with.

Jets Insider VIP
    Planting? no.
    Live farm animals, yes.
    And that was just silly with the roof
    I will agree that it is silly and probably a little implausible due to the timing but it is possible. Assuming the helicopter laying on the roof degraded its integrity and such. You would have to assume that with all of those walkers up there one would have hit the soft spot earlier but it is a show about zombies so I can let the lack of reality go a bit.

The psycho lady shows how people could react. I think that was pretty possible. It is also a juxtaposition of how Rick got things together after his wife died and how he could have gone.

The filthy lady wanted to bring Rick to her husband instead of carrying a boar over to him, since he was still a "walker", and needs live flesh to feed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I will agree that it is silly and probably a little implausible due to the timing but it is possible. Assuming the helicopter laying on the roof degraded its integrity and such. You would have to assume that with all of those walkers up there one would have hit the soft spot earlier but it is a show about zombies so I can let the lack of reality go a bit.
    Agreed. And they showed the water dripping from the roof. So you have the weight, water damage, etc. weakening a section. But yeah, if they were up there for a while, you'd think one would have randomly stepped on a weak spot before. But its a zombie show, so some suspension of disbelief is involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is my one obligatory "how the hell can anyone still watch this joke of a program" post.

Carry on, enjoy

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    But its a zombie show, so some suspension of disbelief is involved.
    Some?

I used to work with a big hillbilly country boy...
    He thinks zombies are real. Fully believes a "zombie apocalypse" is coming.
    DEAD SERIOUS. He really believes it!

Jets Insider VIP
    I used to work with a big hillbilly country boy...
    He thinks zombies are real. Fully believes a "zombie apocalypse" is coming.
    DEAD SERIOUS. He really believes it!
    The Walking Dead is basically to zombie movies what the Twilight Saga is to vampires....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    The Walking Dead is basically to zombie movies what the Twilight Saga is to vampires....
    Not really.

I think it's really breathed some fresh air into the genre.

Zombie movies f*cking suck these days.

The last good one was the remake of Night of the Living dead from the early 90's, unless you consider 28 Days Later a zombie flick. Shaun of the Dead was good but it's more of a comedy.

And George Romero, the king of the genre, has been making nothing but direct to video dogsh*t over the past 15-20 years.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Agreed. And they showed the water dripping from the roof. So you have the weight, water damage, etc. weakening a section. But yeah, if they were up there for a while, you'd think one would have randomly stepped on a weak spot before. But its a zombie show, so some suspension of disbelief is involved.
    There was also the fact that the shelving collapsed, making a lot of noise, giving all the zombies a focal point to walk towards, which put a lot of weight in one area of the weakened roof.