Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    30 years ago, Reagan did not have a Congress where congressional districts were gerrymandered to produce the dysfunction that currently exists in the House of Representatives. Furthermore, no President, including Reagan, negotiated with the debt ceiling. None. Why should Obama make a deal with a minority [Tea Party] in the House for them doing their job? ACA/Obamacare was legally passed, ajudicated in the highest court in the land, and past the political test [last November's election]. Just because the Tea Party does not like the outcome, that's their problem. As conservatives were quick to remind Democrats under Bush, "elections have consequences."

As for your myth that Obama does not know how to cut a deal, really? How about the extension of the Bush tax cuts? The debt ceiling deal of 2011 that produced sequestration and the bipartisan "supercommittee." In fact, you don't need to go back that far. Just look at the deal reached this past New Year [over the holiday].

Our country is better when there are two viable political parties. We need a strong Republican party to provide a counter view. No one party has a monopoly on good ideas or governing. Unfortunately, if the GOP does not get rid of the Tea Party crazies, their party will suffer greatly. If that's the case, our great country will suffer too.
    Yeah, we need more of that two party system which got us into this mountain of fiscal debt in the first place. The ones wanting less of the same, less government spending and more power to people are the crazies.

A majority of Americans are Libertarians and they don't even know it. Half of The population thinks they need to pick a side based on social issues while most would agree and believe in fiscal responsibility and a strong military defense. There are a million variables that cloud the intricacies but in the most top line of thinking, I believe this to be true, at least as far as middle class America is concerned.

Unfortunately we're stuck with these two factions which don't necessarily speak for the majority.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    A majority of Americans are Libertarians and they don't even know it. Half of The population thinks they need to pick a side based on social issues while most would agree and believe in fiscal responsibility and a strong military defense. There are a million variables that cloud the intricacies but in the most top line of thinking, I believe this to be true, at least as far as middle class America is concerned.

Unfortunately we're stuck with these two factions which don't necessarily speak for the majority.
    Umm, where'd ya get those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Umm, where'd ya get those numbers?
    Sorry should have been clear that it's jmo. I'm talking about your less educated voter who reads the headlines on the front page or who only gets their information from one outlet or word of mouth. Unfortunately I think it's probably more than half.

Does anyone disagree with me....that a majority of independent, undecided, middle class Americans (maybe 60-70%) and probably 30-40% of both registered Republican and Democrat voters are actually Libertarians?

Jets Insider VIP
    JI's political forum.

This place has no new threads between 8am and 4pm and on the weekends.

Does anyone disagree with me....that a majority of independent, undecided, middle class Americans (maybe 60-70%) and probably 30-40% of both registered Republican and Democrat voters are actually Libertarians?
    Um.. Yeah, i absolutely disagree with you.

Most people do not want to see SS wound down.

Most people do not want to see the EPA and Department of Education replaced by the private sector.

Most people do not want to see huge cuts and reforms to any welfare system.

Personally i want all of these things, but i don't kid myself into thinking they are popular ideas.

If you're asking if people will respond positively to: "Hey, Libertarians want more freedom and liberty, what do you think about that!?" Then yes, sure they will, they just don't want the things that actually means.

And for the record, i wouldn't fit in your libertarian party either. I'm very much against abortion, and most libertarians see it as a medical issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post

Most people do not want to see the EPA and Department of Education replaced by the private sector.

Personally i want all of these things, but i don't kid myself into thinking they are popular ideas.

If you're asking if people will respond positively to: "Hey, Libertarians want more freedom and liberty, what do you think about that!?" Then yes, sure they will, they just don't want the things that actually means.

And for the record, i wouldn't fit in your libertarian party either. I'm very much against abortion, and most libertarians see it as a medical issue.
    I don't fit perfectly into the box either. But I think if you presented the basic core values of all 3 parties to the American public and asked them, which one most represents you, I still believe it could be as high as 70% if you were to narrow the demo down to middle class America. Obviously excluding the 47M on welfare and people with government jobs.

But I see your point. Probably right...just wishful thinking on my part.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post

Most people are clueless and frankly don't give a fvck about the future of this country or future generations. And those people are driving the bus now.

I know what you mean here and the respondents here didn't get it. By libertarian you are referring to fiscally responsible and socially liberal and yes you are correct in that. The majority of people are essentially what could be referred to as RINO republicans. If it wasn't for the stupid social issues designed to divide people vast majorities would be fiscally responsible government, balanced budgets and more personal freedom. Most of the morons in our counrty are caught up in pro vs anti-abortion, gay marriages and other stupid social issues designer to distract folks from the important issues that line the pockets of politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Here is a little trick I use. If politicians preach social agendas left or right I can't stand them. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I know what you mean here and the respondents here didn't get it. By libertarian you are referring to fiscally responsible and socially liberal and yes you are correct in that. The majority of people are essentially what could be referred to as RINO republicans. If it wasn't for the stupid social issues designed to divide people vast majorities would be fiscally responsible government, balanced budgets and more personal freedom. Most of the morons in our counrty are caught up in pro vs anti-abortion, gay marriages and other stupid social issues designer to distract folks from the important issues that line the pockets of politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Here is a little trick I use. If politicians preach social agendas left or right I can't stand them. It's that simple.
    Yes. This. Thank you!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post

Amen.