Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pats cheat in final play to win over Saints (proof)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Everyteam does it the same way. BB, decided to violate the rules and do it a different way.
    Correct. BB decided he could do it openly from the sideline. Every other team (except the Jets under Mangini and the Bronco's in "10) did it from the legally allowable locations in the endzones.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You knopw, your just stupid. im sorry, but thats just the facts. The NFL, fined BB, not the organazation, but BB, $500,000, by trying to get a fair advantage. They have alot of very smart people working in the league office. You think they leveled that kind of fine over nothing, like wearing green cleats.
    Again with pulling sh!t out of your ass. BB was fined AND the organization was fined. Look up facts before you post dribble. You'll never get it so I'm done trying.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Not GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Again with pulling sh!t out of your ass. BB was fined AND the organization was fined. Look up facts before you post dribble. You'll never get it so I'm done trying.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...xtras/spygate/ Where was i wrong. read the penelty portion please, thank you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why is this such a surprise. the patsie linemen have been using arm bars on just about everyone. tommy boy is their team so the refs don't call it. as for any comments about the jet game, please keep in mind that big ben would have gotten a safety if the refs were calling the game right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Jesus Christ. How did they figure out the signals during the game? Explain to me how they used the videotapes to give them an advantage within the game.

The rest is just hysteria. "Black-ops?" THEY WERE IN FRONT OF 70,000 PEOPLE.

And the Denver Broncos were fined $50,000 for taping a practice in 2010. Good research, though.
    This has been explained a zillion times yet you idiots, who know perfectly well what the answer is continue to toss out the question as if you had discovered some new concept. Use the damned search feature.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    This has been explained a zillion times yet you idiots, who know perfectly well what the answer is continue to toss out the question as if you had discovered some new concept. Use the damned search feature.
    Have you chalked up the last 5 wins over the Jets to cheating? You think they've got the signals down for this game yet?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Em31, why are you rooting for the Jets this week when you believe the team you're playing is actively cheating and gaining a huge advantage against your team? I mean, if you believe that and you STILL root for the Jets this Sunday, then you're seriously an idiot. Can't think of anything more dumb than rooting for a team when you know the deck is stacked against them.

Call the Pats out for cheating, call out the Jets for being unfairly officiated, and then promptly declare you are no longer rooting for the Jets or any team in the NFL. That's the only rational plan. If you root for the Jets this weekend I consider you irrational and a moron.
    Honestly I do not know if they are cheating or if they are not. It is perfectly reasonable from my point of view to think that MAY still be cheating. Certainly any denials on their part hold no water, nor should they. The Patriots are proven cheaters and liars after all.

It makes no sense to root for wrestlers because everything is predetermined and scripted in advance. Even if the Pats are still cheating I do not believe the outcomes are 100% predetermined. It will be more like a 100 meter race where one runner has a 5 meter head start. The race is not a foregone conclusion but beating that runner is going to be harder. Just the way Bill likes it, which is the pojnt of the cheating to begin with.

In any event we root for our teams regardless of circumstances or in this case regardless possible obstacles. We do not stop rooting for our team just dirtbags are cohabiting the league with us.
    Last edited by EM31; 10-16-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Have you chalked up the last 5 wins over the Jets to cheating? You think they've got the signals down for this game yet?
    I have no idea. I think it is unlikely given his character that the taping was the only Patriots "black-ops" activity. Just the one he got caught red handed at.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea. I think it is unlikely given his character that the taping was the only Patriots "black-ops" activity. Just the one he got caught red handed at.
    Fair enough. But basically you're admitting to rooting for a runner in the 100-yd dash knowing the other guy gets a head start. Seems pretty frustrating if that's your held stance when it comes to specifically playing this team. I guess even after Belichick retires, you could believe he passed down all sorts of cheating mechanisms to other coaches, so you can believe there is a disadvantage forever. And there is no way to ever prove otherwise.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly I do not know if they are cheating or if they are not.
    Fair enough. Do you think the league/refs cheat on behalf of the Patriots?

Honestly if I thought the Jets were cheating then I'd root even harder for my team to beat them so I get where you're coming from. What still bemuses me is people who think the league is cheating for the Pats - that's where the 'fixed' WWE parallels make more sense to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post

Honestly if I thought the Jets were cheating then I'd root even harder for my team to beat them so I get where you're coming from. What still bemuses me is people who think the league is cheating for the Pats - that's where the 'fixed' WWE parallels make more sense to me.
    I think the Ref's protect the star players more Brady,Manning,Bree's etc

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I couldn't find anyone breaking down how the signals were used in-game. Which, again, would be impossible. But, for the sake of argument, if you have something that can illustrate how they used the tapes to win games, why don't you just link me? Throw it right in my face.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fixit...................Doing it the Patriots way...................CHEATING.
    Didn't read. Got it.

The fact is that 20 coaches could personally admit to you that they taped signals and you'd still insist that NE was the only team doing it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sperm Edwards View Post

wow
    So we can all agree that this is obvious holding and the Pats do it all the time? Ok, good!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody did it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I think the Ref's protect the star players more Brady,Manning,Bree's etc
    Ok but then how do you explain that Brady gets about 2 roughing the passer calls a year which is middle of the pack but if you account for how NE throws a lot more, historically, than the rest of the league, then the rate of RTP calls per pass play gets really low?

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/...sser?year=2012

If you aren't referring to RTP penalties in the way the league 'protects' Brady then what are you referring to?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady picks his butt up off the turf as much as ANY quarterback. Manning cries more to the refs than T.B.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post

No. That one is a tougher sell. If such a thing were to be the case then it would mean a fairly large group of people would need to be "in on it". I do not believe that such a conspiracy could ever be kept a secret.

With that said this league protects its stars the same way that other leagues do. The Jordan rules or what have you. So yes, I think Tom Brady gets the benefit of the doubt that many other teams do no enjoy.

But then again so does

Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and well, you know the list as well as I do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't find anyone breaking down how the signals were used in-game. Which, again, would be impossible. But, for the sake of argument, if you have something that can illustrate how they used the tapes to win games, why don't you just link me? Throw it right in my face.
    All right I guess I will go through this one more time.

Firstly of all most coaches are not cryptographers by profession. It is not their job to dream up a huge number of wildly different signalling schemes that are as impossible to crack as a 1024-bit encryption algorithm using randomly generated keys. While DCs almost certainly will have at least one alternate set of signals they probably do not have more than a hand full of different ones at most. Probably just two or three.

The second and much more important reason to believe that there are a very limited number of different signalling schemes in use by a team is because the coaches want to be sure that the play calls are going to be received and understood in the heat of battle BY THEIR OWN TEAM without the possibility of being misunderstood. To have too many different signal schemes would be a recipe for disaster.

OK so we are at a relatively few schemes for a given coach then.

Now if you are the the Patriots and you have s library of film/tape on all of your opponents, particularly divisional rivals who you see at least twice a year, you already have all of their different signals on tape before the game begins. Having it on tape is the key here. It is like doing a crossword puzzle from a newspaper the next day using tomorrow's newspaper. Once you see the play (the answers) in real time then you can go back and it is fairly trivial to be able link the questions to the answers. Or in this case linking the signals to the defensive assignments. In the heat of the game it should therefore be relativity straight forward to tell which of the signal schemes that your opponent is using on that day. Maybe five or ten plays from the start of the game to get it down cold assuming you have the library beforehand (check) and assuming you have done your research beforehand (check).

What part of any of this is either mysterious or not plausible?

Worst case and in the very unlikely event that you are unlucky enough to catch your opponent on the first day they a using a totally new signal set. Even then you HAVE THE TAPE and it should be pretty easy to decipher even during a game once to know the teams other signals and being able to work the tape backwards.

Please don't come back with "well the onus is on the DC to come up with signals that cannot be stolen".... The answer to that one is yes... It is on the DC but it assumes the opponent is only trying to steal signals using his eyeballs in real time and without benefit of being able to study tendencies at leisure beforehand BY WATCHING TAPE

None of this is even particularly difficult I assume once you have decided to cross the line that the NFL says makes you into a CHEATER.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Everybody did it.
    *gong*