Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clemson vs. FSU Saturday Night.

Obviously nothing will ever come close to college football atmosphere, but man that crowd is awesome. I'd be stoked if we can create half of that tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Watkins played a bit soft tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I think the Jets are going to have too good of a record to be in the Watkins sweepstakes. I just hope he falls for some reason.
    I agree. Only thing I can see is if Marqise Lee & Evans kills at the combine & Watkins does average. Plus if a team ahead of us in need of a WR obtains Hakeem Nicks or target a player like Jordan Matthews instead.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    I agree. Only thing I can see is if Marqise Lee & Evans kills at the combine & Watkins does average. Plus if a team ahead of us in need of a WR obtains Hakeem Nicks or target a player like Jordan Matthews instead.
    So much will change between now and then. But I believe Watkins will be gone before we pick. At this point....who knows.
    The absolute worst scenario is he is on the board and we go DT again.

A lot of these WR draft positions really rely on the combine so I think it might change a bit, although I think Watkins will test well enough to go top 5.

Evans, I believe is a boom or bust guy, but it really depends on what he runs at the combine. If he scores fast, then his value explodes, but if he's slow, I think people are going to really discount him.

Lee will probably test well, so it'll be interesting to see where he lands. I think he has potential but he hasn't really stood out as you'd expect this year. If Watkins is gone, I might target a TE like Jenkins or Ebron, and target a WR in the second round.

I'd love for us to double dip in FA with Hicks and pick someone like Watkins to really elevate our WR crops.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Clemson's two biggest weaknesses are their O-line and their secondary, both will be exploited tonight and will be the difference in the game. Clemson is good upfront, but their secondary is terrible, FSU has a few really good WRs and I expect them to have a huge night. Plus, Clemson's offense is not playing as well as it was earlier in the year.
    Rough night last night. Not only smoked by FSU, but now your early season win over the Dawgs isn't even looking that good.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Rough night last night. Not only smoked by FSU, but now your early season win over the Dawgs isn't even looking that good.
    I am not surprised they lost, just that they were never competitive at all. I saw this coming though, the offense struggled against NC State, BC and even Syracuse in the second half. Boyd has been reading his press clippings too much this season, I think his focus has been all over the place. Plus, Clemson is too much of a finesse team, very soft.