Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jets have signed Eagles practice squad WR Greg Salas to their active roster.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets have signed Eagles practice squad WR Greg Salas to their active roster.

New York Jets@RI_Jets
    #Jets: Greg Salas-WR: The Jets have signed Eagles practice squad WR Greg Salas to their active roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    4th round pick of the Rams a few years ago. I remember a lot of people here wanted him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    4th round pick of the Rams a few years ago. I remember a lot of people here wanted him.
    The fact that he is going to the active roster means that Gates is probably going to IR or released altogether/

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The fact that he is going to the active roster means that Gates is probably going to IR or released altogether/
    Or he is hurt. But wouldn't mind him getting cut either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He looks like tough WR with great hands.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    On September 1, 2012, Salas was acquired by the New England Patriots for a 2015 draft pick. Salas was released by the Patriots on September, 18, 2012, but resigned to the team's practice squad two days later.

On November 17, 2012, Salas was called up to the active roster of the Patriots after veteran Deion Branch was waived.

On November 22, 2012 he was released. He was expected to be signed to the practice squad, but was claimed off of waivers by the Eagles.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    On September 1, 2012, Salas was acquired by the New England Patriots for a 2015 draft pick. Salas was released by the Patriots on September, 18, 2012, but resigned to the team's practice squad two days later.

On November 17, 2012, Salas was called up to the active roster of the Patriots after veteran Deion Branch was waived.

On November 22, 2012 he was released. He was expected to be signed to the practice squad, but was claimed off of waivers by the Eagles.
    Based on his transaction history it would seem Salas would be familiar with Mornhinweg's offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always liked this guy. Should be a decent pick-up for the Jets.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The gap is closing?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sucks to see you guys get him, I still hoped that he'd end up back on the Pats at some point.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our offense is turning into quite the formidable group of practice squad legends.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Learning more about Greg Salas

By Mike Reiss | September 1, 2012 4:09:39 PM PDT

With news that the Patriots have acquired receiver Greg Salas from the Rams for a late-round 2015 draft choice, here is some background information on him:

1. Entered the NFL as a fourth-round draft choice of the Rams in 2011.

2. Played at Hawaii -- redshirt in 2006 before finishing in 2010 with Hawaii single-season records for receptions (119) and yards (1,889).

3. Team captain at Hawaii.

4. Broken fibula limited him to six games last season with the Rams, under offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. The McDaniels connection seems like a big part of this deal.

5. Measured at 6-foot-1, 210 pounds at 2011 NFL combine.

6. Has experience playing in the slot and outside.

7. At the 2011 combine, ran a 4.56 time in the 40-yard dash and had a 6.65 three-cone drill (combine results here). Not considered a burner.

8. The Pro Football Weekly 2011 draft guide described Salas this way: "Confident, scrappy, tough, physical football player who made a killing executing speed outs, underneath routes and seam routes in Hawaii's field-stretching system. Lacks ideal slot suddenness but is a savvy, effective zone beater with sure hands and could carve a similar niche as Jason Avant.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...on&src=desktop

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    New York Jets ‏@nyjets
    The Jets have signed WR-KR Josh Cribbs to the active roster ... http://t.co/5S7BOhf8Ar

Also, WR Greg Salas has agreed to join our active roster from Philadelphia's practice squad...

We have placed WR Clyde Gates (shoulder) and Mike Goodson (knee) on Injured Reserve...

We've also signed former Stony Brook RB Miguel Maysonet to our practice squad, replacing LB Troy Davis, signed to active roster last week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salas >> Spadola

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having a hard time believing that either Sales or Cribbs are better then Braylon Edwards. Is he really that hurt?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steiny already hyping him up lol.

@Steiny31
    Salas is legit! nfl.com/videos/nfl-can… RT @GJKinne: @Steiny31 check out his one handed catch I threw him in the preseason, it's ridiculous!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Salas in the draft. That said if he couldnt make the Eagles piss poor WR core he isnt worth much. Anther Gates that can at very least be a KR guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I'm having a hard time believing that either Sales or Cribbs are better then Braylon Edwards. Is he really that hurt?
    Unless it is to plat TE we dont need him. Not a very good WR and he isnt a ST guy. Salas and Cribbs are both ST guys.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salas is a solid guy, I saw him play alot in college. Fast, big play type wr. Though he prolly fits best in the slot. This kid could stick here, Chrebet v1.2.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I really like Salas in the draft. That said if he couldnt make the Eagles piss poor WR core he isnt worth much. Anther Gates that can at very least be a KR guy.
    Are you saying Deshawn Jackson sucks?