Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Jets have signed Eagles practice squad WR Greg Salas to their active roster.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    @RichCimini
    Interesting development from practice: WR Greg Salas, signed Tuesday off Eagles PS, is hurt. Must have been injured in Philly. #Jets
    Pretty simple. Now with Gates on IR, can't be having those bikes go unused. Good signing.

@BrianCozHolmes, Wilson, Salas did not participate in practice. Wilson has a concussion. Salas has a knee injury #nyj

@CLoprestiWFANRex says they were aware of the knee injury for Salas. Might be a couple of weeks though. #NYJ

@DWAZ73Rex says #Jets knew Salas wouldn't be able to practice. Says it "could be a couple of weeks and he'll be back" #Jets

Banned
    Maybe Rex knew Salas is heading back to NE and want to stick it to BB?

@DWAZ73Rex says #Jets knew Salas wouldn't be able to practice. Says it "could be a couple of weeks and he'll be back" #Jets
    Wait.....what???? We lost a WR to IR and signed a player to our ACTIVE roster who won't be able to play for a few weeks? WTF?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Wait.....what???? We lost a WR to IR and signed a player to our ACTIVE roster who won't be able to play for a few weeks? WTF?
    Yea, I don't understand this move at all now....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    No there were rumors that the reason Philly released him was because he was hurt. The key is when they released him.
    Philly didnt release Salas, he was signed off their practice squad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    Our offense is turning into quite the formidable group of practice squad legends.
    LOL

The Titans waived WR Michael Preston today. Preston is a impressive combination of size and speed. The Titans have a very deep WR corp, I'm sure Preston is better than Salas. Injuries at LB forced Tennessee to trim someone from their 53 man roster.

This seems like a real head scratcher to me. We're already working with a wr corps that can't stay on the field and idzik goes and adds another patient.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjfollower View Post
    This seems like a real head scratcher to me. We're already working with a wr corps that can't stay on the field and idzik goes and adds another patient.
    Agreed. If the Jets really did know that Salas was injured and was not going to be able to play for a few weeks then what was the need to sign him now? Salas has to stay on the 53 man for at least 3 weeks by rule because he was signed directly off a practice squad. Unless there was another team that was going to sign him and the Jets didnt want to risk losing him, this seems like a very puzzling move.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Agreed. If the Jets really did know that Salas was injured and was not going to be able to play for a few weeks then what was the need to sign him now? Salas has to stay on the 53 man for at least 3 weeks by rule because he was signed directly off a practice squad. Unless there was another team that was going to sign him and the Jets didnt want to risk losing him, this seems like a very puzzling move.
    well there's a lot of injuries around the league and i imagine idzik is aware of who may be able to contribute soon.

Our WR situation is a mess- at times Stephen Hill looks like he's made of glass- seeing him wince after the hit from Polamalu I was nervous....hopefully Salas can contribute someway or at least not get flagged for multiple penalties in a game (like Obomanu) or drop multiple game-changing passes in a game (like Gates).

Jets Insider VIP
    Is Salas that good that we sign him even though he is injured and can not help the team for a few weeks? We need help now. I do not understand this. Spadola is on the Miami PS and we could have signed him back to our team. He is healthy and knows our system. Go figure???? I wonder if Spadola and Rex clashed. It seems strange that he was cut after a very good preseason and one dropped pass in a rain storm. Plus Sapdola and Idzik are known well to each other. The GMs son played football with Spadola. More ????

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Our WR situation is a mess- at times Stephen Hill looks like he's made of glass- seeing him wince after the hit from Polamalu I was nervous....hopefully Salas can contribute someway or at least not get flagged for multiple penalties in a game (like Obomanu) or drop multiple game-changing passes in a game (like Gates).
    Hill had the breath knocked out of him by a very strong hit to the mid-section. I think any human would wince under similar conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Hill had the breath knocked out of him by a very strong hit to the mid-section. I think any human would wince under similar conditions!
    Not Chuck Norris He doesnt wince the sun just gets dimmer.

Just a clarification. The player has to be paid 3 weeks worth. He doesn't need to be on the roster for three weeks. But obviously since a team has to pay him they usually just keep him on the roster.

Disclaimer: that was the case as a couple of yrs ago. It may have changed with the new CBA.

If a player is promoted from the practice squad to the 53-man roster, that player must remain there for three weeks while getting receiving the minimum salary. They will still receive three weeks pay, even if they are released prior to the third week.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/9/1/...er-eligibility

All that said it's still a puzzling move.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Just a clarification. The player has to be paid 3 weeks worth. He doesn't need to be on the roster for three weeks. But obviously since a team has to pay him they usually just keep him on the roster.

Disclaimer: that was the case as a couple of yrs ago. It may have changed with the new CBA.

If a player is promoted from the practice squad to the 53-man roster, that player must remain there for three weeks while getting receiving the minimum salary. They will still receive three weeks pay, even if they are released prior to the third week.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/9/1/...er-eligibility

All that said it's still a puzzling move.
    They also count against the 53 man roster for those 3 weeks.

They also count against the 53 man roster for those 3 weeks.
    Ahhh. Didn't see that. Never mind. LOL. My bad! Thanks.