Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Jets have signed Eagles practice squad WR Greg Salas to their active roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Hill had the breath knocked out of him by a very strong hit to the mid-section. I think any human would wince under similar conditions!
    I agree Kentucky, He just came off a concussion and Polamalu brought the lumber. He'll be fine for the Pats .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ahhh. Didn't see that. Never mind. LOL. My bad! Thanks.
    "Also, if a team signs a player off of another team's practice squad, that player takes up a roster spot for his new team for at least three weeks, bye weeks included. Even if the team chooses to release that player after one week of having him on the roster, he still counts against their 53-man roster for three weeks. This also means that you can't sign a player away from one team's practice squad simply to put them onto your practice squad. If you sign a player off of a practice squad, they must go onto your 53-man roster."

There is really no reason to cut a player with in the 3 weeks of signing him to the practice squad. No salary or roster relief if cut.

The only explanation is that Idzik thought another team was interested in Salas once he got healthy so he pulled the trigger a little early to ensure he got him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that explains the Cribbs signing at least.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    "Also, if a team signs a player off of another team's practice squad, that player takes up a roster spot for his new team for at least three weeks, bye weeks included. Even if the team chooses to release that player after one week of having him on the roster, he still counts against their 53-man roster for three weeks. This also means that you can't sign a player away from one team's practice squad simply to put them onto your practice squad. If you sign a player off of a practice squad, they must go onto your 53-man roster."

There is really no reason to cut a player with in the 3 weeks of signing him to the practice squad. No salary or roster relief if cut.

The only explanation is that Idzik thought another team was interested in Salas once he got healthy so he pulled the trigger a little early to ensure he got him.
    That's what I'm thinking too. Must have got wind another team was interested in him. Thanks for the info.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I think MM had as much to do with the decision to sign him, having coached him with the Eagles last year, there is something they like about him enough to do it.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Is Salas that good that we sign him even though he is injured and can not help the team for a few weeks? We need help now. I do not understand this. Spadola is on the Miami PS and we could have signed him back to our team. He is healthy and knows our system. Go figure???? I wonder if Spadola and Rex clashed. It seems strange that he was cut after a very good preseason and one dropped pass in a rain storm. Plus Sapdola and Idzik are known well to each other. The GMs son played football with Spadola. More ????

Idzik's son Brad played with Tommy Bohanon at Wake forrest. Spadola went to Lehigh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I think MM had as much to do with the decision to sign him, having coached him with the Eagles last year, there is something they like about him enough to do it.
    Whats funny is that Gates was brought in by his former OC Sparano, Salas is now brought here by his former OC MM, Gates was drafted by the Dolphins in the 4th round in 2011 with the 111th pick overall and Salas was picked by the Eagles with the very next pick, the 112th pick overall. Lets hope for better results this time around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats funny is that Gates was brought in by his former OC Sparano, Salas is now brought here by his former OC MM, Gates was drafted by the Dolphins in the 4th round in 2011 with the 111th pick overall and Salas was picked by the Eagles with the very next pick, the 112th pick overall. Lets hope for better results this time around.

I like Gates better. Just because 111 vs 112.

When a player shows improvement game to game you call that progress. Gates went to camp, he's got Geno's back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salas was drafted by SL then went to NE finally ended up on Phillys PS at the end of last season. 3 teams in more dire need of a WR.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Salas was drafted by SL then went to NE finally ended up on Phillys PS at the end of last season. 3 teams in more dire need of a WR.
    Thanks, saw that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I'm having a hard time believing that either Sales or Cribbs are better then Braylon Edwards. Is he really that hurt?
    Hurt and old.