Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: Clyde Gates to IR

  1. #61
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,404
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    You're right I should not have used those words, I figured the language censor would have covered them.

    That being said for most part the remarks re: Gates' injury are more offensive IMHO. Do you guys realize he was at best the team's 4th or 5th receiver? Why is there so much joy taken from his season ending? He started because the team is already in a bad place physically at the position.

    Finally as a mod I occasionally get pissed off at posts here... as I deal with nonsense here I'd appreciate the fact that I could explode in turn.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    I applaud you. I now have learned that SUCK MOOSE COCK will go through. I used that in 7th grade
    . LOVE IT! The Patriots SUCK MOOSE COCK.

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You owe an explanation to no one.
    Seconded, thirded, etc.

    Who would have thought it was a Gates thread to make you fly off the handle?

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Why is there so much joy taken from his season ending?
    Because those stone hands of his cost us the damn New England game

  4. #64
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Because those stone hands of his cost us the damn New England game
    It was a monsoon in NE, that was a TD called on the field and nowhere did it show it touched the ground.

    He was catching everything thrown his way in the the last two games.

  5. #65

    Clyde Gates to IR

    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    It was a monsoon in NE, that was a TD called on the field and nowhere did it show it touched the ground.

    He was catching everything thrown his way in the the last two games.
    He had like 4 drops in that game and almost all of them and the TD drop youre talking about happened before the rain came

  6. #66
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Did anyone catch Gates doing his first down celebration in the game? He tried to imitate Santonio, he started to walk away with the ball then remembered "oh wait i was supposed to do the first down move" lifted the ball and dropped it. LOL, pretty sad and pathetic, just like his play. If anyone has a shot or gif of that it would be great
    I think he was actually making fun of the first down celebration that Antonio Brown had been doing....but I could be wrong.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,222
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    He missed time last year because of concussions. That whole issue has been in the news. Football payers, can suffer a great deal when they get older because of there playing days.I guess its no big deal to you unless he was a good player.if he wasn't he can just suffer.Thats sad.
    Thought he hurt his shoulder. Sure don't want him to suffer, just don't wanna watch him play for the Jets anymore. Why do you refuse to use spaces between sentences?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Thought he hurt his shoulder. Sure don't want him to suffer, just don't wanna watch him play for the Jets anymore. Why do you refuse to use spaces between sentences?
    Yeah, he hurt his shoulder too. Another injury prone Jet. I know the guy wasn/t very good, but with Sanchez and Sparano, i wasn't about to form a judgement on him or anyone else. The whole offense was miserable.

  9. #69
    I'm certainly not glad he's hurt but being objective watching Gates play football, he had no future with the NY Jets when Idzik turns his attention to the skill positions on offense.
    He never caught a pass without coming up lame, limping around.
    Pitt was giving up that short sideline pass, pee wee Herman would have been open.
    Then he does the Santonio 1st round drop, embarrassing.
    I can't stand when back up jags get cocky on the field. You know what, catch the damn ball in New England & we win that game.

  10. #70
    I'm not cheering his injury but I'm relieved that he won't be on the field making mistakes anymore. I think Texans fans are the absolute worst right now when it comes to cheering Schaub's injury.

  11. #71
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,899
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I'm not cheering his injury but I'm relieved that he won't be on the field making mistakes anymore. I think Texans fans are the absolute worst right now when it comes to cheering Schaub's injury.
    That's what young players do, ie, make miatakes;however, the good ones correct their mistakes and become good. Gates has played well after a slow start.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    That's what young players do, ie, make miatakes;however, the good ones correct their mistakes and become good. Gates has played well after a slow start.
    The one player that should be the subject of our anger, is never mentioned, Quentin Coples. he was in Rex's doghouse last year for a reason.He's lazy, and i don't think he gives a full effort out there.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,899
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    The one player that should be the subject of our anger, is never mentioned, Quentin Coples. he was in Rex's doghouse last year for a reason.He's lazy, and i don't think he gives a full effort out there.
    I remember him on Big Ben with all his weight and they said it should have been a penalty. He's not that lazy. He's not playing his position. The guy has talent.

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I remember him on Big Ben with all his weight and they said it should have been a penalty. He's not that lazy. He's not playing his position. The guy has talent.
    How much effort does it take to lay on top of someone?

  15. #75
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    How much effort does it take to lay on top of someone?
    Did you see the play? He lifted Roethlisberger off his feet and drove him into the turf. No easy accomplishment.

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,941
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Did you see the play? He lifted Roethlisberger off his feet and drove him into the turf. No easy accomplishment.
    The scarecrow did this? I didn't see that.

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    7,819
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    LOL, I saw it and just shook my head, unbelievable.
    Actually, I think that's how he hurt his shoulder

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us