Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: Bachelor Degree ?

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink Bachelor Degree ?

    So if you are reading this I need to decide a major but I dont know what to pick! What kind of major is good for jobs?

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets4everFlying View Post
    So if you are reading this I need to decide a major but I dont know what to pick! What kind of major is good for jobs?
    History

  3. #3
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this kid.


  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Engineering or accountancy. The rest is just a waste of time, and when you get out of college you won't be qualified to do ****.

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get the Bachelor of College, that **** rocks

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    3,443
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pick something you absolutely hate, and can't imagine doing for the next 50+ years of your life.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Engineering or accountancy. The rest is just a waste of time, and when you get out of college you won't be qualified to do ****.
    accountancy?

    my oh my, you've reached new levels of faux-retro dooshiness

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Pick something you absolutely hate, and can't imagine doing for the next 50+ years of your life.
    Accountancy it is!

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't know. I posess no formal education.

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    accountancy?

    my oh my, you've reached new levels of faux-retro dooshiness
    I dunno, everyone I knew who majored in accountancy in college got a good paying job right out of college.

    They absolutely loathe it, but in this economy they're lucky to have a job right out of college.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    11,050
    Post Thanks / Like
    History, Philosophy, English or Women's Studies

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plumbing

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    In this day and age, the IRS, law, and computers all have big hands in what happens in almost every business.

    If I were going to school now, I'd major in computers and a language, and possibly go pre-law.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,890
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Engineering or accountancy. The rest is just a waste of time, and when you get out of college you won't be qualified to do ****.
    +1, And you'll end up an ill tempered mod on a lame ass internet message board.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moderating. big things in that field

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Animal Husbandry

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,711
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I dunno, everyone I knew who majored in accountancy in college got a good paying job right out of college.

    They absolutely loathe it, but in this economy they're lucky to have a job right out of college.
    i was referring to your usage of "accountancy" rather than the more modern/American term "accounting."

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    The humanities are booming.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i was referring to your usage of "accountancy" rather than the more modern/American term "accounting."
    The Queens English shall never perish. Peasant.

  20. #20
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anything in the construction field with the exception of architecture. I just graduated with a degree in construction management it took me 2hrs to get a good job

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us