Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So am I the only one left who doesn't have Netflix?

Jets Insider VIP

Question So am I the only one left who doesn't have Netflix?

Also can someone tell me the difference between Netflix and Hulu Plus?

Is there some sort of tiered-level pricing bs or just one price per month? Does it work on all devices to boot?

Jets Insider VIP
    $8/month to stream, but not all of their content is available (although Netflix has been rapidly adding). I don't have Hulu+, but can't you get in-season tv shows with that? You can't with Netflix. And yes, there is an app you can download that works on every device.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    $8/month to stream, but not all of their content is available (although Netflix has been rapidly adding). I don't have Hulu+, but can't you get in-season tv shows with that? You can't with Netflix. And yes, there is an app you can download that works on every device.
    What do you mean by not all of their content is available? Is there any sort of limit on how much stuff you can stream?
    There are a f uckton of shows I need to watch that I havent yet, like Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead - but you can watch previous seasons right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    What do you mean by not all of their content is available? Is there any sort of limit on how much stuff you can stream?
    There are a f uckton of shows I need to watch that I havent yet, like Breaking Bad & The Walking Dead - but you can watch previous seasons right?
    Yes, all previous seasons of both those shows are available. I stream to tvs, a roku on one tv, tablet, phone, and computer if desired.

Jets Insider VIP
    For example, a few months ago my wife said, "Know what I haven't seen in years? 'Clue.'" Turned on the Blue Ray player, went to Netflix and it wasn't available. It's available now, though.

I caught up on Breaking Bad and Walking Dead on Netflix.

All League
    I have Netflix and cant believe the crap they have to offer. Good luck finding a recent movie that is any good, tons of "straight to video."

Veteran
    I'm surviving w cable, you could watch episodes online on channels website, for example if u sign in w your cable ID you can watch the latest walking dead or breaking bad on the AMC website...or use a DVR and record away.

All Pro
    Netflix is a pretty good deal. True, you won't get a lot of first run movies. But it's great for lots of B movies and reruns. Think of it as a high-quality UHF channel. You can even share your membership out to a few friends. For everything else, Pirate Bay.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Is there some sort of tiered-level pricing bs or just one price per month? Does it work on all devices to boot?
    I don't have Netflix. But, I'm pretty much a moron when it comes to technology. I'm one step ahead of my mother so she thinks I'm a Chinese programmer, but I still use a blackberry, not on any social media (FB included), and don't even have a DVD player setup (I think there's a wire missing somewhere) since we moved 2 yrs ago.

I make use of the On Demand Feature on FIOS and that has been sufficient for all our cartoon watching and TV series needs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    I'm surviving w cable, you could watch episodes online on channels website, for example if u sign in w your cable ID you can watch the latest walking dead or breaking bad on the AMC website...or use a DVR and record away.
    Yeah, but I need to watch both from season 1 - I dont think they want to offer you the previous season online, that would hurt their DVD sales for previous seasons.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Netflix is a pretty good deal. True, you won't get a lot of first run movies. But it's great for lots of B movies and reruns. Think of it as a high-quality UHF channel. You can even share your membership out to a few friends. For everything else, Pirate Bay.
    So you can't watch or rent something when it comes out on DVD - how long after they are out are they usually available?
    I can get plenty of free crappy movies using Crackle on my PS3, which is not a bad deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've had it for about 5 years now but they've been pissing me off over the past year or so.

They keep getting rid of stuff I love.

They used to have all the episodes of Married With Children, South Park, a ton of old 70's kung fu flicks I grew up watching, etc.

I don't understand why they take sh*t down.

Just keep adding to it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've had it for about 5 years now but they've been pissing me off over the past year or so.

They used to have all the episodes of Married With Children, South Park, a ton of old 70's kung fu flicks I grew up watching, etc.

Just keep adding to it.
    I agree, Netflix is very frustrating. It is good for catching up on TV shows. Much better then on demand or the web because they don't inject commercials like the web and on demand. The problem is that there isn't a ton of stuff to watch and it is terrible if you want movies. My kid loves it for the Nickelodian/Disney channel tripe. I have thought of canceling often but haven't yet. House of Cards is a decent series also and that is Netflix only.

I am pretty sure you can browse Netflix streaming offerings without an account. Another great site is http://canIstream.it which is a search engine of all the streaming sites and will let you know if you can get it free or at a per episode cost on something like Amazon Prime. You can use canIstream.it to decide which service has the shows and movies you actually want.

All Pro
    So you can't watch or rent something when it comes out on DVD - how long after they are out are they usually available?
    I can get plenty of free crappy movies using Crackle on my PS3, which is not a bad deal.
    They also have DVD rental but it's a separate subscription than streaming. I only have the streaming. Both offer a free one month trial, btw.

Jets Insider VIP
    My wife is lucky she can use the universal remote on the HT system, so I never bothered. My 12 yo son helps her out, but he's getting fed up. lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Just keep adding to it.
    Netflix rent the content for a period of time to keep the costs down. It doesn't stay on their list for more than a few years.

Jets Insider VIP

Hulu has a lot of HD 1080p stuff and is more expensive in general than Netflix.

Netflix streaming is cheap but you're limited on content.
    Netflix DVD has mostly everything but it comes by mail and the turn around is limited. Cost a little more than just streaming.

Jets Insider VIP
    netflix is good i enjoy it. Lot of movies youd enjoy but never heard of. They had the whole lost series on there when i was in the hospital and that really made my fn day when i was all fd up..i had never seen a single episode till then

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    netflix is good i enjoy it. Lot of movies youd enjoy but never heard of. They had the whole lost series on there when i was in the hospital and that really made my fn day when i was all fd up..i had never seen a single episode till then
    See, that's a great marketing tool. Netflix should donate free access to hospitals. It would be great PR for them plus it would convince people that they need to get it when they get out.

Sounds like a layup to me.

All League

Jesus, do you have cable? Then what the hell do you need all this other shlt for?

WTF, man, you people watch WAY too much TV.

Get outside and get some fresh air, for fvck sake.

Fatasses.

So there.

Yep.

You people.