Thread: And In Other News / Brave or Stupid

All League

And In Other News / Brave or Stupid

Seattle armed robbery on transit bus. 19 year old kid and I think a Glock, starts to rob the whole bus, he wants the smart phones.

All caught on the security cam.

I will say it was nice to see others jump in after the fracas started.

Dumb. Shots could have went off over a 400 dollar phone

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Dumb. Shots could have went off over a 400 dollar phone
    Honestly - the guy just reacts. No thought = no dumb.

What does the guy say as he puts the gun in the dude's face? And when did Seattle become Rio De Janeiro??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Love the chicks in the background and their lazer-like focus on retrieving their bags one at a time as the chaos unravels. Especially the one who regains the ability to walk whilst hastily escaping.... with her crutches in hand.

Also, can anyone tell me what happened to the red-plaid jacketed dude that first appeared "shadowing" the robber and then appears to jump in to help restrain him?

Aside from that, in this *****d up world, I will never fault anyone for re-acting instead of being a sheep in the face of evil, no matter the risk.
    Last edited by 32green; 12-20-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Does that dude wrap his earbuds around the perps neck while they are holding him down?

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Love the chicks in the background and their lazer-like focus on retrieving their bags one at a time as the chaos unravels. Especially the one who regains the ability to walk whilst hastily escaping.... with her crutches in hand.

Also, can anyone tell me what happened to the red-plaid jacketed dude that first appeared "shadowing" the robber and then appears to jump in to help restrain him?

Aside from that, in this *****d up world, I will never fault anyone for re-acting instead of being a sheep in the face of evil, no matter the risk.
    New phone $400
    Funeral $12,000

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Especially the one who regains the ability to walk whilst hastily escaping.... with her crutches in hand.

lol, wtf did she need the crutches for she moves like Calvin Pace dropping into coverage

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Does that dude wrap his earbuds around the perps neck while they are holding him down?
    that's a quality piece of equipment right there..."Listen to your favorites and hogtie thieves!"

Where are the cawps when ya need them? AMIRITE?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    she moves like Calvin Pace dropping into coverage
    lol, perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Where are the cawps when ya need them? AMIRITE?

I would bet that before this miscreant boarded the bus, he prolly slunk past 3-4 cops whose radar prolly kicked in uponst viewing his gun-secreting visage; However, all thoughts of stopping him for a quick chat were disposed of quickly when the reality that they would be engaged in racial profiling behaviour that could ultimately cost them a civil rights violation charge, their pension and job;

The alternative? Keep drinking that awesome Seattle coffee, pretend you saw nothing, keep your pension job and life for one more day.

amIrite?

lol, perfect.

I would bet that before this miscreant boarded the bus, he prolly slunk past 3-4 cops whose radar prolly kicked in uponst viewing his gun-secreting visage; However, all thoughts of stopping him for a quick chat were disposed of quickly when the reality that they would be engaged in racial profiling behaviour that could ultimately cost them a civil rights violation charge, their pension and job;

The alternative? Keep drinking that awesome Seattle coffee, pretend you saw nothing, keep your pension job and life for one more day.

amIrite?

thats kind harsh. baseless as well.

you dont respect pigs much do ya

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

thats kind harsh. baseless as well.

you dont respect pigs much do ya
    Hate 'em!

Jets Insider VIP
    New phone $400
    Funeral $12,000
    You have to consider the convenience factor. Those phone stores suck. Planning your funeral however... someone else's problem.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You have to consider the convenience factor. Those phone stores suck. Planning your funeral however... someone else's problem.
    Exactly! Plus you dont have that moment later on in the day after the police are gone, your phone is cancelled..where you are sitting by yourself picturing you handing over your phone like a 'lil beeotch in front of women and kids because you instantly did the cost benefit analysis of 400/12,000 whilst pooping your pantses.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Exactly! Plus you dont have that moment later on in the day after the police are gone, your phone is cancelled..where you are sitting by yourself picturing you handing over your phone like a 'lil beeotch in front of women and kids because you instantly did the cost benefit analysis of 400/12,000 whilst pooping your pantses.

-
    Not sure it would have processed that quickly in my head. I probably would have handed over the phone, and then not until moments later, realizing the horror of facing a phone salesman later that day at the Verizon store, pounced on the guy with the gun and shot myself.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Not sure it would have processed that quickly in my head. I probably would have handed over the phone, and then not until moments later, realizing the horror of facing a phone salesman later that day at the Verizon store, pounced on the guy with the gun and shot myself.
    lol

If you react and do what you have to do, I don't blame you. The pussification of America (everyone hold hands, pray and someone else will take care of it) urges people to sit back, give everything up, and work hard for the next phone while ass-clowns like this keep going after you. Predators like this (who are puss-bags as well), will prey on people until they're caught. The police in this country are in such difficult situations, that not all of these punks will be caught. Unfortunately there are lives at stake, and you have to make the decision of what's important. I personally think those that are capable have a duty to stand up to people like this, and I applaud the guy who took action here, brave, stupid or what (a combination of all, no?). Being nice for the sake of being nice, being submissive for the sake of being submissive, and not standing up for yourself and others WHEN POSSIBLE has major repercussions down the road.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not sure what everyone is up in arms about vis-a-vis not handing over the phone? By the looks of it the guy doesn't seem to react to any request, likely he didn't even hear what the perp said. It looks like he simply reacted to suddenly finding a gun pointed, quite literally, in his face. I would like to think I would've reacted the same way.

I would have handed that phone over, jogged down to metro pcs, bought a $79 special, jogged back to my girlfriends house, gotten blown and then eat bbq steak

A much nicer scenario that your face exploding and sleeping in a draw at the coroners office

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If you react and do what you have to do, I don't blame you. The pussification of America (everyone hold hands, pray and someone else will take care of it) urges people to sit back, give everything up, and work hard for the next phone while ass-clowns like this keep going after you. Predators like this (who are puss-bags as well), will prey on people until they're caught. The police in this country are in such difficult situations, that not all of these punks will be caught. Unfortunately there are lives at stake, and you have to make the decision of what's important. I personally think those that are capable have a duty to stand up to people like this, and I applaud the guy who took action here, brave, stupid or what (a combination of all, no?). Being nice for the sake of being nice, being submissive for the sake of being submissive, and not standing up for yourself and others WHEN POSSIBLE has major repercussions down the road.
    You are macho. Pm me your cell. Id like to hold you in a hotel