Thread: Jets/Panthers Dec 15th in Charlotte

Jets/Panthers Dec 15th in Charlotte

I am considering taking a road trip in Dec for the Panthers game and was wondering if there were any members from the Charlotte fan club on here for advice on tickets. It looks like I can buy them online, but I would prefer to sit in a section with some Jets fans of course. If anyone in Charlotte has a block of tickets, or any extras, I am looking for 2. I am thinking about staying at the Residence Inn on S Mint, which looks to be across the street from the stadium and also close to the Jets tailgate on 3rd and Mint. I couldnt find an email contact on the Charlotte fan club site, so any advice from locals is much appreciated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Jet View Post
    I am considering taking a road trip in Dec for the Panthers game and was wondering if there were any members from the Charlotte fan club on here for advice on tickets. It looks like I can buy them online, but I would prefer to sit in a section with some Jets fans of course. If anyone in Charlotte has a block of tickets, or any extras, I am looking for 2. I am thinking about staying at the Residence Inn on S Mint, which looks to be across the street from the stadium and also close to the Jets tailgate on 3rd and Mint. I couldnt find an email contact on the Charlotte fan club site, so any advice from locals is much appreciated.
    I started a thread a while back and as we get closer will ask for a sticky. Go to our website and sign up for the tailgate.

www.charlottejetsfans.com and see our facebook page.

You can E mail me... or PM me matt. E mail is on the website.

There will be TONS of JETS fans...dont worry.

Retromatic.jpg
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 12-08-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Stay at the Hyatt house. It is a bit further but not too much. You will be within walking distance of the stadium and Mertz heart and soul. Some of the best food on earth. Another place is the chicken place. Prices chicken coop on Camden. I am buying my tickets online. It is a birthday gift trip for my daughter. I do not know how I pulled that off but I look like a champ and get to see the Jets play. Southpark will chime in soon I am sure. He will have the best info overall about the area.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I started a thread a while back and as we get closer will ask for a sticky. Go to our website and sign up for the tailgate.

www.charlottejetsfans.com and see our facebook page.

You can E mail me... or PM me matt. E mail is on the website.

the Residence Inn is the BEST location you can have for the game and will be 2 blocks from our tailgate.

Do you attent the Tampa club? I ve been there and know festa, attended his event in 2009.

Tickets. As a club we are not getting involved BUT we believe plenty will be available via craigslist, stubhub.

I am holding out as I believe a bank will get me club seats. If not Ill pay FMV and get what is available.

Wow that was quick

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    Wow that was quick
    Im not screwing around with old plumbing.

Thanks guys....I appreciate the info. The Residence Inn will be our best option since we may have to bring our dogs. I will check the website and tailgate info. I saw some decent ticket prices on the fan exchange site....section 108 seemed to be the best option around $110 ea. Should I secure tix early or wait? Im not sure how the ticket market is there in Charlotte, but the price seemed reasonable on that site. Thanks again!

Do you attent the Tampa club? I ve been there and know festa, attended his event in 2009.

Tickets. As a club we are not getting involved BUT we believe plenty will be available via craigslist, stubhub.

I am holding out as I believe a bank will get me club seats. If not Ill pay FMV and get what is available.

I am a member of the Tampa fan club and attended the game with them last last year in Jax. Festa is a good guy....Tailgate Joe was there too, so it was good to meet him as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Im not screwing around with old plumbing.
    Haha. Great site BTW.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am a member of the Tampa fan club and attended the game with them last last year in Jax. Festa is a good guy....Tailgate Joe was there too, so it was good to meet him as well.
    We will have a full barbecue catered event, great space and we will have a BLAST. tell Festa you are communicating with Matt.

Practice Squad
    Herb situation in nc? Considering this trek if we are in the hunt.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Bump....Stickying this post for SouthParkCPA. If you're going to the game, get in touch with him - they're doing a big arse tailgate. Might as well enjoy the tailgate, if not the game.

All Pro
    Making the trip from the ATL either Saturday evening or Sunday morning, still trying to decide. Sitting in Section 538. In case I don't make it to the tailgating festivities, what's a cool bar to catch the 1PM games that's close to the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    Stay at the Hyatt house. It is a bit further but not too much. You will be within walking distance of the stadium and Mertz heart and soul. Some of the best food on earth. Another place is the chicken place. Prices chicken coop on Camden. I am buying my tickets online. It is a birthday gift trip for my daughter. I do not know how I pulled that off but I look like a champ and get to see the Jets play. Southpark will chime in soon I am sure. He will have the best info overall about the area.
    Ever been to Lebowski's? I might just have to try that place!
    Last edited by RageATL; 12-12-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Making the trip from the ATL either Saturday evening or Sunday morning, still trying to decide. Sitting in Section 538. In case I don't make it to the tailgating festivities, what's a cool bar to catch the 1PM games that's close to the stadium?

Ever been to Lebowski's? I might just have to try that place!
    Lebowskis is a BILLS bar, its not in the city. You should stay in the city... its gonna be VERY active.

All Pro
    Lebowskis is a BILLS bar, its not in the city. You should stay in the city... its gonna be VERY active.
    Yeah, I saw that (it's a Bills bar), but wanted to at least get a pic in front of it and maybe get some authentic Buffalo wings. Might have to skip it though.

So by "city," you mean the uptown area right? How is EpiCentre? Looks like a cool collection of bars and such although some look a little franchise-y. What other bars do you recommend for watching the 1PM games on Sunday that will be within walking distance to the stadium?

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah, I saw that (it's a Bills bar), but wanted to at least get a pic in front of it and maybe get some authentic Buffalo wings. Might have to skip it though.

So by "city," you mean the uptown area right? How is EpiCentre? Looks like a cool collection of bars and such although some look a little franchise-y. What other bars do you recommend for watching the 1PM games on Sunday that will be within walking distance to the stadium?
    Epicenter is fine... vibrant, young crowd. The city is small so you can the entire city. Tons of great small bars everywhere. Walk around..you'll easily find a bar that suits you. The best place to be IMO will be our tailgate. Plenty of beer, all you can eat barbeque etc... 2 blocks North of the stadium (225S Mint Street), near tons of panther tailgating. Will be a blast.

All Pro
    Epicenter is fine... vibrant, young crowd. The city is small so you can the entire city. Tons of great small bars everywhere. Walk around..you'll easily find a bar that suits you. The best place to be IMO will be our tailgate. Plenty of beer, all you can eat barbeque etc... 2 blocks North of the stadium (225S Mint Street), near tons of panther tailgating. Will be a blast.
    Very cool, thanks for the info. In case we wanna swing by the tailgate, it's $27 right? Do we need to RSVP or anything?

Jets Insider VIP
    Very cool, thanks for the info. In case we wanna swing by the tailgate, it's $27 right? Do we need to RSVP or anything?
    No RSVP needed but come hungry, NC award winning BBQ and Ill have plenty of brew.