Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gronk questionable, Talib doubtful, Amendola + Kelly out

Gronk questionable, Talib doubtful, Amendola + Kelly out

@eallenjets
    Pats Injury Front: Gronkowski officially listed as questionable, Talib is doubtful and Amendola & DT Tommy Kelly are out.

In the history of the NFL, has any player listed as "doubtful" ever played on game day? Seems like such a silly designation. Talib ain't playing.

Kelly being out is probably more of an impact that people think. With Vince already out, the Pats d line is thin and with Kelly out, it's patchwork. The Jet should keep testing the run game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Brady and a bag of doughnuts should do it against the lowly Jets....lol

If Talib is out I am taking the over on this game. That DL is 2nd string right now and Hightower is hobbled. Geno will have all day and even with Powell back there I see no reason we cant run the ball this game. We should score a lot this game IMO. For a change we should have Brady playing keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Kelly being out is probably more of an impact that people think. With Vince already out, the Pats d line is thin and with Kelly out, it's patchwork. The Jet should keep testing the run game.
    And Mayo. That one is HUGE IMO

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    And Mayo. That one is HUGE IMO
    Mayo covers line to line and limits our runners, without him good luck stopping Powell and Ivory.

Kelly doesn't mean a ton, but Vince absolutely meant a LOT. The inherent flaw in that garbage read and react 2 gapping scheme that Belichick uses is against the run. You need serious players in that front 3 who can hold the point of attack and shed blocks. RIght now they don't have them... It's extremely important to run the ball a lot this game.

If Talib is out, I'd like to see a deep ball to Hill early to try and get on the board quick. Then try to get a 3 and out and feed Powell the rock a ton and play the time of possession. Keep Brady on the sideline, let the D rest, and gash NE's front 7 with Powell and Ivory. I'd like to see a bunch of Ivory in the second half against a tired defense.

A low scoring affair in a 20-13 Jets victory.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    @eallenjets
    Pats Injury Front: Gronkowski officially listed as questionable, Talib is doubtful and Amendola & DT Tommy Kelly are out.
    As ray was quick to point out, both sides have injured players so it's an even playing field and don't start making built in excuses for a Pats loss.

Who's making an excuse?

I should feel confident about the Jets chances but I just don't. Brady outsmarts Rex's D way too often.

Just hope Geno and this offense plays smart and gets ahead fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Kelly doesn't mean a ton, but Vince absolutely meant a LOT. The inherent flaw in that garbage read and react 2 gapping scheme that Belichick uses is against the run. You need serious players in that front 3 who can hold the point of attack and shed blocks. RIght now they don't have them... It's extremely important to run the ball a lot this game.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head here j83. I'm hoping the Jets go pass-happy.

If Gronk plays, should the Jets double-team him or put Cro on him?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Prior to his injury, Wilfork looked like Steve Martin at the end of his career. If anything, the Patriots are a little better now against the run than they were before Wilfork's injury because now Vellano has more experience. That said, I totally agree that the Pats have a weakness against the run that the Jets should look to exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I think you've hit the nail on the head here j83. I'm hoping the Jets go pass-happy.
    I want us to throw more on 1st down.
    Geno should have all day to survey the field. I also want to see an offense with different formations, the read option, and try to get a lead so we can have a balanced attack with the run game being the main event in the 2nd half.
    Brady can't to anything standing on the sidelines. Ivory could make their secondary say "no mas" if he keeps getting to the 2nd level & make players like Gregory & McCourty take him head on 5-6 times.
    Then get Bilal, in there again when they tire because of his shiftiness.
    WRs blocking downfield will be huge in this game. Hill can block his azz off, and I have a feeling Cumberland is gonna be a huge factor in this game. Geno has to take what he can running, there is no way the Pats can cover the entire field with all these injuries, MM has to get them from hanging around the LOS.
    It's time for Mangold to be the leader we expect & earn that big contract Woodys paying him.

All Pro
    Gronk "questionable". Yeah, sure. What a name. Gronk gronk gronk

Its the Patriots, so I'll believe we score a lot when it happens. They could have all practice squad guys and still shut us down.

No Tommy Kelly is big, they have nobodies at DT this week. And no Jerod Mayo at MLB. If Talib doesn't play that weakens their secondary a lot. But Geno still has to play a great game and hopefulyl we can get a real run game going to keep the pressure off of Geno from throwing INTs.

I have little faith in our defense stopping the pass.

All Pro
    Next week

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Gronk "questionable". Yeah, sure. What a name. Gronk gronk gronk
    I always did think he was questionable.