Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Story: Rex Ryan on the Patriots: 'We fear none of them'

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I don't get it, why does this even need to be said? Lemme guess - leading question from a reporter?

I'd be shocked if anyone in the NFL 'fears' another team.
    Because he's trying to get the team up after a bad loss at home. This team was flat for the Steelers after a MNF game and 6 days rest. This game is our SB. Get it.

LOL

NE 35-10 Sunday

LOL....

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    The man never ceases to be a jerk off. Less talk and better attention to the details of being a COMPLETE coach.
    Wrong thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    LOL

NE 35-10 Sunday

LOL....

LOL
    Fck you. I don't like you dude.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I like this approach better. Remember Cro:

"Fvck Brady. He's an *******!"
    "3 home teams advance, and the ****IN Jets!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I don't get it, why does this even need to be said? Lemme guess - leading question from a reporter?

I'd be shocked if anyone in the NFL 'fears' another team.
    That's the good old New York media for you, and the sports media in general. Ever since Rex positioned himself to be a source of outrageous quotes the sports media has swarmed him with loaded questions. Don't take it from me listen to his interviews and post-game press conferences, reporters are begging him to say something outrageous.With that being said I do agree that if you are scared of playing another team you have no place coaching in the NFL, the same goes for the players and playing in the NFL.

Regardless I do hope we pull this one off however, I think we absolutely have to win one of the next 3 games to stay alive. Beating the pats or NO are both longshot's IMO but it would do ALLOT in the way of legitimizing this team if we could squeak out these wins. Even if the Pats are shorthanded, they are still the Pats. This is a huge game coming up, I hope we are prepared.

he only fear the Steelers and the ravens...

Hall Of Fame
    "Bri?? ?e ?he he?? ?f t?e ?ig"

Quote Originally Posted by crayc View Post
    "we fear none of them"... come Sunday if it is 4th and inches inside the 1.. kick a fg the way to play fearless! .. lol
    + 1000000
    Talk the talk, walk the f*cking walk
    When your not that good in areas of your team, you have to take some chances, he's still coaching like he's got a complete team.
    80% completion percentage given up in the last 2 games? Go for TDs moron.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They've been to 7 SBs and we've been to one.

Let's start with a win on Sunday.
    Which has what to do with fearing them?

Rex has never coached against a SB winning Patriot team.

No one has ever coached against a legitimate SB winning Patriot team

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    + 1000000
    Talk the talk, walk the f*cking walk
    When your not that good in areas of your team, you have to take some chances, he's still coaching like he's got a complete team.
    80% completion percentage given up in the last 2 games? Go for TDs moron.
    Going for a TD on 4th down, against a team that plays like you, strong D limited O? Going for it on 4th and 2 from the two, in the first Q of a scoreless game, after you didn't get it onthe down before would make you a moron.

Its easy to grow a huge pair on Monday morning, knowing how the game turned out.

If the Jets do not beat NE this weekend with the circumstances as they are I will have decided that Rex Ryan is not the coach for this team going forward and will have no problem at all if a coaching change is made after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If the Jets do not beat NE this weekend with the circumstances as they are I will have decided that Rex Ryan is not the coach for this team going forward and will have no problem at all if a coaching change is made after this season.
    Tom Brady is still the QB and we still have a Rookie starting. In a league where the QB primarily determines wins and losses the Pats are still the heavy favorites. You could not blame Rex Ryan for losing a game to Brady with a Rookie QB.

Remember the Jets are still banged up too and will have a very hard time scoring points.

All Pro
    "There is no such thing as a gimme win when you are starting a rookie QB."

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

When have you been Pro Rex 09 and 10??

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Tom Brady is still the QB and we still have a Rookie starting. In a league where the QB primarily determines wins and losses the Pats are still the heavy favorites. You could not blame Rex Ryan for losing a game to Brady with a Rookie QB.

Remember the Jets are still banged up too and will have a very hard time scoring points.
    Then we can expect to never beat any team with a great QB no matter what. I don't buy it. This team is supposed to be a great D team with a great d coach. NE is as low as they are going to get personnel wise. If they lose twice to a NE team who is injured with a host of rookies at skill spots it tells me a lot. For me to be fully on Rex's side this year this team had to slightly over achieve and that means beating beatable teams like the Pats and the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    "There is no such thing as a gimme win when you are starting a rookie QB."
    I certainly did not call it a gimmee game, unlike the host of people talking about Pitt being a gimme game. there are not gimme games for the Jets at all and haven't been for the last 10 years. You do need to beat teams who are not at their best however. NE has never been this vulnerable and if people are giving this team a free pass because of Tom Brady it's not justified. The Pats offense has been no juggernaught this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Then we can expect to never beat any team with a great QB no matter what. I don't buy it. This team is supposed to be a great D team with a great d coach. NE is as low as they are going to get personnel wise. If they lose twice to a NE team who is injured with a host of rookies at skill spots it tells me a lot. For me to be fully on Rex's side this year this team had to slightly over achieve and that means beating beatable teams like the Pats and the Steelers.
    Remember when we lost to the Pats minus Brady in 08 when we had Favre and they had Cassel?? Do you ever blame the players or is it always the HC's fault?? Does that mean Tom Coughlin sucks this year??
    Last edited by Savage69; 10-17-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When have you been Pro Rex 09 and 10??
    I have been pro rex every year, including this year. I've said repeatedly that if he does a really good job coaching the team this year and they overachieve a bit then he deserves an extension but I'm not married to him. The #1 priority above all else is winning and getting a coach that will win you a super bowl. I like Rex's personality, I like how he handles the media but if I think another coach can do a 1% better job than Rex for the Jets, it's see you later.

But how was it Rex's fault the first game? He wasn't out there dropping balls or turning it over. What if the same thing happened this time around?

If they go out and perform like the butt fumble game then that's another story.