Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Story: Rex Ryan on the Patriots: 'We fear none of them'

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    But how was it Rex's fault the first game? He wasn't out there dropping balls or turning it over. What if the same thing happened this time around?

If they go out and perform like the butt fumble game then that's another story.
    Did you forget the totally uncontested long td on the blown d coverage in that game on the 1st drive? Everything is the head coaches fault. The buck stops there more or less even if he is not directly at fault for single plays. If you make that kind of excuse over time then no coach. No matter how bad is at fault.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Did you forget the totally uncontested long td on the blown d coverage in that game on the 1st drive? Everything is the head coaches fault. The buck stops there more or less even if he is not directly at fault for single plays. If you make that kind of excuse over time then no coach. No matter how bad is at fault.
    So like I said the Giants crap season is all Tom Coughlin's fault correct??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yes, absolutely. All the INTs Eli has thrown are on Coughlin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly did not call it a gimmee game, unlike the host of people talking about Pitt being a gimme game. there are not gimme games for the Jets at all and haven't been for the last 10 years. You do need to beat teams who are not at their best however. NE has never been this vulnerable and if people are giving this team a free pass because of Tom Brady it's not justified. The Pats offense has been no juggernaught this year.
    As long as #12 is starting for NE and we start a rookie it would be unrealistic to EXPECT victory. I don't care if they suit me and you up to play receiver as long as Tom Brady is under center they will be favored....

Do we have a good shot at winning? Hell yeah!

Should you expect the team to show up and be competitive? Absolutely. Esp with the cast of characters they have who are injured.

Should we EXPECT victory? How could you when you don't even know which Geno Smith will show up to this game. Last game we had Brady dead but we couldn't get the go-ahead score.

Look at the talent on this team. I don't think it's fair to expect victory in any game this season. I do expect them to be competitive however.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    As long as #12 is starting for NE and we start a rookie it would be unrealistic to EXPECT victory. I don't care if they suit me and you up to play receiver as long as Tom Brady is under center they will be favored....

Should you expect the team to show up and be competitive? Absolutely. Esp with the cast of characters they have who are injured.

Should we EXPECT victory? How could you when you don't even know which Geno Smith will show up to this game. Last game we had Brady dead but we couldn't get the go-ahead score.

Look at the talent on this team. I don't think it's fair to expect victory in any game this season. I do expect them to be competitive however.....
    Exactly. And that's what they've been IMO. I don't see lack of effort or guys not caring out there. If you wanna see what that looks like, look over Couglins team. But not with the Jets.

Rex is doing a great job with the hand he's been dealt with. 3-3 is not too shabby, especially with how Geno has been turning the ball over. BUT these next 3 games will show a lot about this team and Rex. I don't even expect to win (maybe Cinci) but hey show us something.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yes and he will be fired if they continue to stink. Hey coaches probably get too much credit and too much blame when things are going well or poorly but they also have a huge influence on many aspects of the teams they coach including personal. "It's not Rex's fault they have no receivers!"

Rex backed the Holmes move and loved the guy, rex backed the use of draft picks. Rex loved Sanchez. All of these things are on Rex as the head coach. That is why he is a head coach. People need to stop treating him as a great D_coordinator and judging him only on that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

How has Tom Brady looked this year, playing wise and stats wise? Not hof material. He's looked like a decent controlled QB. The same things we are giving our team a pass over such as bad receivers are ignored with the pats. If we are going to use the superior QBing bit as an excuse we can excuse almost all loses this year.

Rex Ryan, under a new GM, with a rebuilding team has to coach better than average or what the league expects us to be (5 or 6 wins). Losing both div games to the Pats when they will never be worse off player wise or injury wise to me is telling. (As far as me saying 'This coach is a real potential super bowl winning coach'.)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and he will be fired if they continue to stink. Hey coaches probably get too much credit and too much blame when things are going well or poorly but they also have a huge influence on many aspects of the teams they coach including personal. "It's not Rex's fault they have no receivers!"

Rex backed the Holmes move and loved the guy, rex backed the use of draft picks. Rex loved Sanchez. All of these things are on Rex as the head coach. That is why he is a head coach. People need to stop treating him as a great D_coordinator and judging him only on that.
    I can agree with that but without Brady can BB considered a great HC?? He went 5-11 with Bledsoe the Tuna went to the Bowl with him.. Just once I would like to see Rex with a Pro Bowl type QB and I probably will on another team..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    The man never ceases to be a jerk off. Less talk and better attention to the details of being a COMPLETE coach.
    We played much better when he talked more.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    When your not that good in areas of your team, you have to take some chances, he's still coaching like he's got a complete team.
    80% completion percentage given up in the last 2 games? Go for TDs moron.
    Its a difference of opinion - I don't think being on either side makes you a moron, both sides have their advantages. A lot of coaches still like to play it safe, the second guessing for kicking a FG is a lot less than if you went for it and failed. I understand both sides, and can't really fault either as they both have their pors and cons.

Personally I wish coaches wouldn't play it so safe - especially rex, i think the pros outweigh the cons. 4th and G or whatever inside the 5 should be gone for every time, no matter what the clock says. If you miss, you have them so far backed up, plus with our D line, you might be getting 2 anyways, if not, likely you'll be in good field position to try again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Going for a TD on 4th down, against a team that plays like you, strong D limited O? Going for it on 4th and 2 from the two, in the first Q of a scoreless game, after you didn't get it onthe down before would make you a moron.

Its easy to grow a huge pair on Monday morning, knowing how the game turned out.
    Bull Sh*t!
    As soon as I saw we were 4th & 1, I was screaming to go for it!
    In fact, I was hoping he was ready for the situation & already dialed something up, instead, all we got was total confusion, everyone looking around & a delay of game penalty.
    Listen, if Rex can't get his guys up to win this Sunday, I'm done with this guy!
    No Amendola, No Gronk, No Hernandez, no Vareen, no Wilfork, no Mayo, no Talib, no Welker
    ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!
    Rex has lost one veteran from his defense, Barnes.
    All we have done in his tenure here is ADD TO THIS DEFENSE & pretty much ignored the offense, other than Hill in the 2nd round (which according to insiders, Rex didn't want to do, probably was a corner he wanted there).
    So, SUPPOSEDLY Rex is a defensive genius savant, (the last 2 Qbs we played had an 80% completion rate), We are going against 2 rookies in Thompkins & Dobson, even Edeleman has been limited in practice, & they signed a concussion in waiting Collie.)
    If Rex can't take this game at home when the Pats have NEVER BEEN RIPER, I'm sorry, when do you people think we will ever beat this team again?
    After losing 5 staight to the Pats, Wilkerson has NEVER been on a Jet team that has beaten them, if he doesn't have this team, playing at home going 4 full quarters like their hair is on fire to put a beating on a team that came in here last year on Thanksgiving evening & put one of the worst, embarrassing defeats in the annals of NFL football that included the Buttfumble that had the NY Jets on the funny pages for 6 months, he's not a leader of men.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Going for a TD on 4th down, against a team that plays like you, strong D limited O? Going for it on 4th and 2 from the two, in the first Q of a scoreless game, after you didn't get it onthe down before would make you a moron.

Its easy to grow a huge pair on Monday morning, knowing how the game turned out.
    Who says they play like us?
    The Steelers don't have one guy on that D line that was there when they were kicking peoples azzes?
    Give me a BREAK.
    Rex was scared of ghosts from the past for god sakes. We have the FREAKING HIGHEST PAID CENTER in the league! I guess that was a mistake too!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If the Jets do not beat NE this weekend with the circumstances as they are I will have decided that Rex Ryan is not the coach for this team going forward and will have no problem at all if a coaching change is made after this season.
    Plus five hundred

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Bull Sh*t!
    As soon as I saw we were 4th & 1, I was screaming to go for it!
    In fact, I was hoping he was ready for the situation & already dialed something up, instead, all we got was total confusion, everyone looking around & a delay of game penalty.
    Listen, if Rex can't get his guys up to win this Sunday, I'm done with this guy!
    No Amendola, No Gronk, No Hernandez, no Vareen, no Wilfork, no Mayo, no Talib, no Welker
    ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!
    Rex has lost one veteran from his defense, Barnes.
    All we have done in his tenure here is ADD TO THIS DEFENSE & pretty much ignored the offense, other than Hill in the 2nd round (which according to insiders, Rex didn't want to do, probably was a corner he wanted there).
    So, SUPPOSEDLY Rex is a defensive genius savant, (the last 2 Qbs we played had an 80% completion rate), We are going against 2 rookies in Thompkins & Dobson, even Edeleman has been limited in practice, & they signed a concussion in waiting Collie.)
    If Rex can't take this game at home when the Pats have NEVER BEEN RIPER, I'm sorry, when do you people think we will ever beat this team again?
    After losing 5 staight to the Pats, Wilkerson has NEVER been on a Jet team that has beaten them, if he doesn't have this team, playing at home going 4 full quarters like their hair is on fire to put a beating on a team that came in here last year on Thanksgiving evening & put one of the worst, embarrassing defeats in the annals of NFL football that included the Buttfumble that had the NY Jets on the funny pages for 6 months, he's not a leader of men.
    If the Pats didn't have Brady I would agree, but he has no control of Geno throwing the ball to the other team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    The man never ceases to be a jerk off. Less talk and better attention to the details of being a COMPLETE coach.
    I thought he was keeping things under wraps pretty well this year, but it looks like he just can't help himself.

As a fan of an opposing team in the AFCE, and as much of a defensive mind that he may have, I hope he stays your HC for a very long time. There's a reason that Baltimore wanted nothing to do with him as their HC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's nice. Could we beat them for once, though?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That's not in his blood.
    The apple didn't fall far from the tree. His dad had a big mouth too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly did not call it a gimmee game, unlike the host of people talking about Pitt being a gimme game. there are not gimme games for the Jets at all and haven't been for the last 10 years. You do need to beat teams who are not at their best however. NE has never been this vulnerable and if people are giving this team a free pass because of Tom Brady it's not justified. The Pats offense has been no juggernaught this year.
    Up until this point, the Pats defense has been the reason they're 5-1. But now, the defense has taken some serious hits. I'd be shocked if the Jets don't run the ball down our throats this game, and if the QB has a decent game they might be able to pass the ball too. Then again, I felt the same way against the Saints last week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Up until this point, the Pats defense has been the reason they're 5-1. But now, the defense has taken some serious hits. I'd be shocked if the Jets don't run the ball down our throats this game, and if the QB has a decent game they might be able to pass the ball too. Then again, I felt the same way against the Saints last week.
    Pats have Been extremely lucky so far.. Only 1 game didn't come down to the end.. If they were equally as unlucky they could be 1-5. Split in middle they should be 3-3.. Have to give credit not just luck but some to Brady too ofcourse.. I wouldn't give much credit to their D, 3 of those wins they let up 21,23, 27 points.. Obviously they would have a easier time without all injuries, but no doubt dynasty is on downward trend yr after yr.. Especially with Brady nearing fragile age..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post
    Its a difference of opinion - I don't think being on either side makes you a moron, both sides have their advantages. A lot of coaches still like to play it safe, the second guessing for kicking a FG is a lot less than if you went for it and failed. I understand both sides, and can't really fault either as they both have their pors and cons.

Personally I wish coaches wouldn't play it so safe - especially rex, i think the pros outweigh the cons. 4th and G or whatever inside the 5 should be gone for every time, no matter what the clock says. If you miss, you have them so far backed up, plus with our D line, you might be getting 2 anyways, if not, likely you'll be in good field position to try again.
    ITA.

I remember our team playing the Chiefs in an early season, high scoring game in Foxborough. At the end of regulation the Chiefs scored a TD and had a choice of kicking the extra point to tie it or go for two and win it. I was in total fear that KC would gamble and go for two and the win. The way they were running through the Pats that day they had a decent shot at making it. Instead, they tied it, we won the toss and marched down the field for the win in OT.