Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 143

Thread: Rules for Brady...then there's rules for everyone else.

  1. #1

    Rules for Brady...then there's rules for everyone else.

    baby2.jpg

    Jets rookie: NFL babies Tom Brady
    Sheldon Richardson, blunt force trauma on the field and off, can’t wait for the opportunity to mete out justice Sunday in the rematch against Tom Brady and the Patriots.
    “It’s very intense. … Cheap shots and all,” Richardson told The Post.
    Asked if the Patriots were doing stuff other teams don’t, the rookie defensive tackle said: “It’s on film. Go back and watch.
    “You’re going to see a lot of stuff, man, that the Patriots can do to you, that they get away with, that we can’t do to the Patriots. It’s just the way it is.”
    Why is that?
    “It’s just the way the world works,” Richardson said.
    The NFL for years has gone out of its way to protect its golden goose quarterbacks.
    Some golden geese more than others.
    The Jordan Rules in the NBA.
    The Brady Rules in the NFL.
    “Why do we make rules after he gets hurt?” Richardson asked. “I don’t know why a bunch of stuff.
    “They made the Tuck Rule back when? 2000 when? Tom Brady rule, right? OK, a lot of great quarterbacks have hurt a knee before, but now we can’t hit quarterbacks in the knees now ’cause Tom Brady gets hurt [season-ending knee injury in the 2008 season opener]. Doesn’t it seem that way? Right or wrong?”
    Why would there be focus on protecting Tom Brady?
    “’Cause if you take Tom Brady away from the Patriots, they win no more championships,” Richardson said.
    You can say the same thing about Peyton Manning.
    “He only won one,” Richardson said.
    The Tuck Rule, instituted in 1999, was eliminated in March, 11 years after it was instrumental in the Patriots surviving the Raiders in the snow during the 2001 playoffs and marching on to their first Super Bowl championship.
    Richardson is a fearless New Age Jet who isn’t afraid to speak his mind. Sort of the way Rex Ryan used to be. He isn’t criticizing the zebras, only stating what has become an exasperating way of life and rule of the jungle for predators, young and old alike:
    Don’t hurt the Pretty Boy. Or else.
    “That’s the way it looks like to me, man, you can’t touch him,” Richardson said.
    He recalled the Jets’ Week 2 loss in Foxborough.
    “I remember a play, a referee made it his business to tell me I was too close to hitting him,” Richardson said. He chuckled and added, “It gets crazy out there. I got close to him, shoved him a little bit, the referee said, ‘I could’ve threw the flag on you for that.’ ”
    Richardson’s response: “He didn’t even fall.”
    He heard back: “It doesn’t matter.”
    “Can’t touch Tom Brady unless he’s got the ball in his hand,” Richardson added.
    So knowing this, how do you approach it?
    “Not caring,” Richardson said. “Simple as that. Can’t care sometimes, man. If it’s a play where you can make a sack, you’re not going to slow down. You just got to play through it.”
    Richardson’s first taste of the Jets-Patriots rivalry leaves him hungering for a second Sunday at a greenhouse called MetLife Stadium.
    To say the mayhem left Richardson ticked off would be an understatement.
    “I’m ready for this game,” he said. “Ready. I’m ready for this game. Sunday can’t come fast enough.”
    Because it’s the Patriots?
    “Yeah. Exactly. Just because it’s the Patriots,” Richardson said.
    “I’m ready to go get another shot at these guys, it’s Tom Brady.
    “As a defensive lineman, you look to play certain people, and he happens to be one of ’em.”
    To be the best, you have to beat the best. Against all odds, sometimes.
    “He’s a Hall of Famer quarterback. He doesn’t make mistakes. It doesn’t matter who his wideouts are, he’s going to win the game, especially when he plays the Jets apparently. So I just can’t wait to play against him again,” Richardson said.

    http://nypost.com/2013/10/17/jets-ro...-to-tom-brady/

  2. #2
    How can you not love S-Rich?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    How can you not love S-Rich?
    “I remember a play, a referee made it his business to tell me I was too close to hitting him,” Richardson said. He chuckled and added, “It gets crazy out there. I got close to him, shoved him a little bit, the referee said, ‘I could’ve threw the flag on you for that.’ ”

    Richardson’s response: “He didn’t even fall.”

    He heard back: “It doesn’t matter.”
    That about sums it up. Brady can't be hit in the pocket.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,210
    I love this dude and hope he gets a sack or 3 Sunday.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,901
    Fck yeah!!!!

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    That about sums it up. Brady can't be hit in the pocket.
    Crazy, isn't it?

    Everyone sees this. I would respect the Patriot fan who admits this is true.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I love this dude and hope he gets a sack or 3 Sunday.
    I hope he leaves Tom Brady crying like a baby on Sunday & if he knocks Brady out of the game ,I hope Woody resigns him at at least triple what he`s making now to cover whatever fine Goodall will hit Richardson with.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Paging Ndamukong Suh. He doesn't give a F.

  10. #10
    Nothing wrong with a rook fueling a rivalry, but he comes across as whiny and a bit ignorant to me. The Tuck rule was made while Brady was still in college. And Brady's roughing the passer calls average 2 per year, same as the Jets, and less than 1/2 that of the Bills. But facts never dilute the Haterade around here.

  11. #11
    Ol' Temper Tantrum Tammy.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Crazy, isn't it?

    Everyone sees this. I would respect the Patriot fan who admits this is true.
    It's so absurd, but I think we learned long ago the way the NFL officials were going to treat Brady:

    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ore_penalties/

    From the 2007 "Perfect season":



    Tensions rose with 44 seconds remaining, when the Patriots scored the go-ahead touchdown.

    After the score, Ravens linebacker Bart Scott was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct when he argued with an official. Scott, a six-year veteran, then was penalized a second time for unsportsmanlike conduct for picking up a penalty flag and firing it into the stands.

    After the extra-point kick that gave the Patriots a 27-24 lead, Scott and Rolle were seen exchanging words with McKinnely as they retreated to the bench. Scott was restrained by teammate Terrell Suggs.

    "The referee told me to have some class," Scott said. "OK, have some integrity. Then, you have a referee calling someone a boy. That sounds like a personal vendetta to me."

    The Ravens felt they were targeted by the officials. Baltimore was called for 13 penalties for 100 yards, while New England was flagged four times for 30 yards, yet receiver Derrick Mason believed that was only part of the story.

    "You should have heard some of the verbal bashing we were taking from the refs," he said. "It was despicable."


    Mason, now in his 11th season, was among a number of Ravens who openly criticized the officiating. Some of the most pointed comments came from cornerbacks Chris McAlister and Rolle.

    McAlister noted, "It's hard to go out there and play the Patriots and the refs at the same time. They put a crown on top and they want them to win.

    "Obviously, the refs, they're horrible. That's the bottom line."

    Rolle added, "It's a travesty when you go out there and play that hard and the refs decide the outcome."

    Yet exactly what the Ravens were contesting from Monday night's game remains a bit of a mystery.

    ....

    Still, the Ravens held nothing back.

    "We had some bogus calls," running back Willis McGahee said.

    Added McAlister: "They made a lot of bad calls, and it is what it is. They'll send in their report to say, 'We made a mistake on this one,' but it's too late. They need to get it right out there on the field - or don't call it at all.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Not GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Nothing wrong with a rook fueling a rivalry, but he comes across as whiny and a bit ignorant to me. The Tuck rule was made while Brady was still in college. And Brady's roughing the passer calls average 2 per year, same as the Jets, and less than 1/2 that of the Bills. But facts never dilute the Haterade around here.
    LOL. You think Richardson is arrogant?


  14. #14
    This has become a theme all around the NFL. It's gotten new life with the Suggs interview but it's something that has been percolating around the NFL since the Brady rule was instituted.
    There are rules for every other team & there are rules for the Patriots.
    I just think that the refs instinctively allow more holding by the Pats Oline just so it lessens the chances that Brady (The Golden Goose) doesn't get hurt.
    I think it's the same for Payton too, Brady isn't alone.
    The only difference in 2013 is how in an instant a still photo can travel all over the internet & football fans everywhere see the obvious arm bar hold from behind on the winning TD throw.
    The problem for fans is the double standard that exists regarding their own teams!
    There isn't one fan from a struggling franchise that doesn't view that picture & think, "There is no way in hell my team would not have been called for holding on the that play".
    That in a nutshell is what chaps everybodies azz including the very players that line up every week in this league & put their health on the line to try & stop Brady.

    Like Sheldon said, "we see the tape".
    In the NFL, coaches can't say a word "publically" what they may see as an injustice involving refs (Goodell will certainly fine them & they don't want to get on the wrong side of a group that can change the game with one holding call). Players will chirp, but no one really listens.
    I can't even imagine how hard it was last 2 years for Rex watching Sanchez takes hellacious shots (most of them fined during the week) and then he sees flags at the feet of his defense when they breathe on Brady.
    Or in the Pats case when he sees flags thrown at Cromartys feet for holding on a 3rd down incompletion but now that Talib is playing for the Pats, he does the same thing & no call.
    What every fan wants is consistancy, thats all, but anyone who has watched football long enough knows the drill.
    This year so far it's been out of control. I don't even think the scab refs were as bad, other than 1 blown call in Seattle. At least they let them play.
    Funny, there were a lot of upsets in the 1st weeks of the 2012 season.
    Coincidence? I think not.
    Last edited by jetster; 10-18-2013 at 10:18 AM.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Not GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Nothing wrong with a rook fueling a rivalry, but he comes across as whiny and a bit ignorant to me. The Tuck rule was made while Brady was still in college. And Brady's roughing the passer calls average 2 per year, same as the Jets, and less than 1/2 that of the Bills. But facts never dilute the Haterade around here.
    Don't bring facts into a football discussion.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    It's so absurd, but I think we learned long ago the way the NFL officials were going to treat Brady:
    You can't be serious. How many times has this board relished when they see Brady hit in the pocket and ends up on his ass on the field. For the record, Brady was the beneficiary of 2 roughing calls in 2012 and only 1 the year prior. So 20 teams got the same number of calls as Brady in 2012 and 29 Teams in 2011! How does this translate to "you can't hit Brady in the pocket"??

    BTW, Ravens are a bunch of cry babies.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This has become a theme all around the NFL. It's gotten new life with the Suggs interview but it's something that has been percolating around the NFL since the Brady rule was instituted.
    There are rules for every other team & there are rules for the Patriots.
    I just think that the refs instinctively allow more holding by the Pats Oline just so it lessens the chances that Brady (The Golden Goose) doesn't get hurt.
    I think it's the same for Payton too, Brady isn't alone.
    The only difference in 2013 is how in an instant a still photo can travel all over the internet & football fans everywhere see the obvious arm bar hold from behind on the winning TD throw.
    The problem for fans is the double standard that exists regarding their own teams!
    There isn't one fan from a struggling franchise that doesn't view that picture & think, "There is no way in hell my team would not have been called for holding on the that play".
    That in a nutshell is what chaps everybodies azz including the very players that line up every week in this league & put their health on the line to try & stop Brady.

    Like Sheldon said, "we see the tape".
    In the NFL, coaches can't say a word "publically" what they may see as an injustice involving refs (Goodell will certainly fine them & they don't want to get on the wrong side of a group that can change the game with one holding call). Players will chirp, but no one really listens.
    I can't even imagine how hard it was last 2 years for Rex watching Sanchez takes hellacious shots (most of them fined during the week) and then he sees flags at the feet of his defense when they breathe on Brady.
    Or in the Pats case when he sees flags thrown at Cromartys feet for holding on a 3rd down completion but now that Talib is playing for the Pats, he does the same thing & no call.
    What every fan wants is consistancy, thats all, but anyone who has watched football long enough knows the drill.
    This year so far it's been out of control. I don't even think the scab refs were as bad, other than 1 blown call in Seattle. At least they let them play.
    Funny, there were a lot of upsets in the 1st weeks of the 2012 season.
    Coincidence? I think not.
    proof?

  18. #18
    This 'Brady rules' stuff is a myth.

    Brady averages 2 roughing the passer calls a season going back years now. Which is in a group of teams second to last in the league. When you factor in the high number of throws he gets his RTP calls per pass attempt is very low.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    LOL. You think Richardson is arrogant?

    Read it again. I said ignorant.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    This 'Brady rules' stuff is a myth.

    Brady averages 2 roughing the passer calls a season going back years now. Which is in a group of teams second to last in the league. When you factor in the high number of throws he gets his RTP calls per pass attempt is very low.
    Again STFU. You can't use facts for football discussion.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us