Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Gronkowski is playing Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    "Loose" like overly promiscuous or "Loose" like severe diarrhea?
    LOL, didn't notice that. Hope he's a Pats fan.

All League
    Nobody should root for injuries. If we can't cover him, that's our problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    Nobody should root for injuries. If we can't cover him, that's our problem.
    Nobody does. Rather, people want to put a "hurtin" on the other team to cause them fear and hesitation. Very few players try and "take someone out". Football is violent. If you're playing injured, don't expect people to play it soft on you. If you're injured and it hurts, maybe you shouldn't play. Especially someone who's going to get hit on the line over and over again when trying to release. Maybe Gronk is full of ****, and he's 100%, but if he's not and he gets more injured - that's on him and the Pats.

All League
    Nobody does. Rather, people want to put a "hurtin" on the other team to cause them fear and hesitation. Very few players try and "take someone out". Football is violent. If you're playing injured, don't expect people to play it soft on you. If you're injured and it hurts, maybe you shouldn't play. Especially someone who's going to get hit on the line over and over again when trying to release. Maybe Gronk is full of ****, and he's 100%, but if he's not and he gets more injured - that's on him and the Pats.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    Fair enough
    Naah, not arguing, just chatting. Newborn is keeping us up, and I'm on my laptop f'n around.

I figured he was going to be back for this game.

Bring it on.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i hope someone gets a nice, legal hit on his ribs if he tries catching a pas down the middle.

I hope he gets run over by a train and they have to amputate his legs or possibly his dick or both. foooobaw!

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    I hope he gets run over by a train and they have to amputate his legs or possibly his dick or both. foooobaw!
    a little extreme, but i'll take it!

His agent isn't the coach

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    His agent isn't the coach
    That the key here. No matter if Gronk Plays or not, you better believe this whole "Circus" is killing BB inside and is a slight distraction to their locker room.

I didn't think he was talking about players "rooting for injuries." I thought he was talking about fans rooting for injuries. There's been plenty of that in this thread. The best was the Jets fan that wanted to bring back Eric Smith for one more dirty hit.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I didn't think he was talking about players "rooting for injuries." I thought he was talking about fans rooting for injuries. There's been plenty of that in this thread. The best was the Jets fan that wanted to bring back Eric Smith for one more dirty hit.
    I like that one, but think it would effect the salary cap too much. Sign me
    up for the train amputation one.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stanner; 10-19-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Good, let him play. This way when we beat them, we would have beaten them with their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    The Patriots employed one of the dirtiest players for years, no, not Rodney Harrison, teddy bruschi.
    He was always running in late for shots on guys AS THEY WERE GOING DOWN.
    If he played with the new rules he would be suspended for sure.

For 6 games, teams haven't had to cover a Pats TE...now they do. With Gronk on the field, he will attract S coverage between the hash marks which will create space for their young WRs on the edges. In case you haven't watched....the rookie WRs have no problem getting open....just catching the ball. I can easily see Brady featuring the deep ball on Sunday. Catching the deep ball is a different story.
    Or
    Belichick may limit Gronk's snaps to red zone situations. The Pats have been wretched in the red Zone with out the greatest red zone target in the league. I'm giving NE +4 points (TD vs a FG) just because of Gronk.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Good, let him play. This way when we beat them, we would have beaten them with their best.
    That can't happen because many of their best are sitting in the trainer's room or on IR. I expect the pats to be blown out.
    Last edited by Not GuidoYaztremski; 10-19-2013 at 10:08 AM.

"Belichick may limit Gronk's snaps to red zone situations. The Pats have been wretched in the red Zone with out the greatest red zone target in the league. I'm giving NE +4 points (TD vs a FG) just because of Gronk."

Redrew's right - Gronk's presence is worth 4 points (who cares about his stats). He is the tipping point in what otherwise would be a close game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sperm Edwards View Post
    i hope someone gets a nice, legal hit on his ribs if he tries catching a pas down the middle.
    Either that or his forearm which is made of glass. Honestly I don't care if one of our starters gets nailed for a suspension, the pats get a 50 yard penalty and we lose the game. Ending Gronk's season in 1 game will be satisfaction enuff.

Go Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    That the key here. No matter if Gronk Plays or not, you better believe this whole "Circus" is killing BB inside and is a slight distraction to their locker room.
    He may have a heart attack on the sideline... or in one of those ridiculous ball-washing "pressers"... I wouldn't feel bad or pray for his family.