Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Jets should let Cromartie shadow Gronk the whole game.....

  1. #1

    Jets should let Cromartie shadow Gronk the whole game.....

    Our other corners can cover their rookie wideouts. Just like Belicheat did with Aquib shadowing New Orleans big tightend. It was working real good for Aquib until he got hurt. Give them their own medicine. Cro could easily handle Gronk's speed and size.

  2. #2
    Jets need to smash the **** out of Gronk as he releases from the LOS.

  3. #3
    If Cro can get a way with all the contact Talib did, then sure.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If Cro can get a way with all the contact Talib did, then sure.
    A corner with a busted hip vs. a tight end with a busted back and glass arm. Who has the advantage?

  5. #5
    ...and I would have Isaiah Trufant on Edelman the whole game. Trufant is not our best db, but he is our quickest.

  6. #6
    Actually think this is a good idea.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,841
    Cro isn't strong or physical enough to stop Gronk.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Cro isn't strong or physical enough to stop Gronk.
    I love Cro, but he's soft. Talib is an enforcer type of CB, like a Finnegan or Deangelo Hall. It wouldn't work simply because the two corners have inherently different styles.

    And not for nothing, but Jimmy Graham is a pillow compared to Gronk.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Cro isn't strong or physical enough to stop Gronk.
    Basically this.

    Cro isn't the match-up for a stud TE, believe it or not, the CB who is probably the most able to do this is Milliner, he has the abilities of Cro, but is much more physical, he's just a rookie.

    I think our safeties get too much criticism, Allen and Jarrett have actually played pretty well, and I think Allen can match up well against Gronk. This isn't mid-season form Gronk we will face tomorrow, if he even plays, this is a player that hasn't played in over a year, and will be playing in his first NFL game.

    The plan against him will be a coordinated effort in the back end of the defense IMO

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,246
    Start by being physical with him at the LOS. If he shows he is somewhat his normal self then you bracket him the entire game (like we did with Gonzalez down on the GL).

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,294
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Jets need to smash the **** out of Gronk as he releases from the LOS.
    I watched Steeler's Heath Miller get off from the LOS with just a touch. We don't check much for whatever reason.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I watched Steeler's Heath Miller get off from the LOS with just a touch. We don't check much for whatever reason.
    We need to step it up a notch.


  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    Our other corners can cover their rookie wideouts. Just like Belicheat did with Aquib shadowing New Orleans big tightend. It was working real good for Aquib until he got hurt. Give them their own medicine. Cro could easily handle Gronk's speed and size.
    He also had crazy help... on a lot of Plays Brees threw into triple coverage, the Notion that Talib shut down Graham all by himself is a complete myth and of course there morons on FOX went with it...

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,195
    So we're going to put one of the softest CB's in the league, who has mostly been playing like dogsh*t this year...on arguably the most physical TE in the league?

    Screw that

    Go in with the same gameplan that we had against Gonzalez.

    Have Harris and Davis mug the sh*t out of him the entire game.

  15. #15
    That would work out great until Gronkowski caught his first pass and Cromartie was faced with the task of tackling the beast.


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He also had crazy help... on a lot of Plays Brees threw into triple coverage, the Notion that Talib shut down Graham all by himself is a complete myth and of course there morons on FOX went with it...
    Now that's what I call ironic.

    Sorry Mo, but Graham was stuck on Talib Peninsula.

    All kidding aside, here's wishing for a clean and healthy game from both teams but a Pats win. Good luck today.

  17. #17
    Wilson will probably be doing this.

  18. #18
    Wilson is too short to do it....

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Now that's what I call ironic.

    Sorry Mo, but Graham was stuck on Talib Peninsula.

    All kidding aside, here's wishing for a clean and healthy game from both teams but a Pats win. Good luck today.
    I'll be hoping for a Brady ACL

  20. #20
    Put Trufant on Gronk

    trufant.jpg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us